Kylo Ren Reference Photos

joshvanrad

Sr Member
Hi,

I'm looking for any and all Kylo Ren reference photos I can get!

Mostly looking for photos of the bucket, but close-ups of the fabric, gloves, scarf, and boots would be GREATLY appreciated.

I'd appreciate anybody at Celebration getting these pictures if possible. I'm just hoping we can use this as a catch-all for Kylo references.

Thanks in advance,
Joshua

I have a few requests for those of you who were lucky enough to attend. I'm currently working on the soft parts, but I need some references to get good seams and really make this thing accurately

First of all, it's tough to make out the true colors of the outfit with the lighting of most photos I've seen. Could anyone describe or post up pictures of comparable colors of the sleeves and overcoat?

Secondly, I was hoping to get some good shots of the back and sides of the coat so I can see how they did the seams and whether or not they split them, and if so, how far up they split them.

Lastly, could anyone tell me whether or not there was a clip or attachment on the back of the belt for his saber?

Really lastly, could anyone see the boots in the opening at the bottom of the overcoat, and did anyone happen to snap pictures of them?

I'd greatly appreciate any info or pictures anyone is willing to provide. I've poured over the internet and these are the last few things I'm missing to put this puzzle together. I know a lot of people are working on the bucket, but I'm really working hard to put the soft parts together first.

Thanks again

I've been compiling a lot of reference photos from all over. I'll try and get them all posted tomorrow night. They are the pretty common shots though, so anyone could find what I've already got. The shots I really need are those mentioned earlier. But thanks for anything and everything.

Hey Josh, .... Are these the shots you we're looking for?... First off on color, the best that I can tell the outfit color was a dark grey, not black. It was difficult to tell by the multiple color lighting the displays had. Also the pattern on the material. It looked almost like woven chain mail. .... Boots though, could not really be seen, we will have to wait on those.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hey Josh, .... Are these the shots you we're looking for?... First off on color, the best that I can tell the outfit color was a dark grey, not black. It was difficult to tell by the multiple color lighting the displays had. Also the pattern on the material. It looked almost like woven chain mail. .... Boots though, could not really be seen, we will have to wait on those.
View attachment 467344

First of all, thanks a ton for posting your pictures. And I really appreciate the definition of the colors.

That item in the first picture- is that attached to the belt or is that just a reflection in the glass. I'm guessing a clip, since I've noticed it in a few pictures. Is it a normal covertec? It looks a bit metallic.

It would really help if I could get some shots of the bottom half of the overcoat to get an idea of where the seams are located, and whether or not they split on the sides, or how many panels it is, etc.

Has anyone stumbled across a good fabric for that outer coat? I found a monk's cloth online that isn't dual-bar like Ren's, but I ordered a swatch to at least get a good look at it in person. Haven't found anything else even close to it since. :(

Has anyone stumbled across a good fabric for that outer coat? I found a monk's cloth online that isn't dual-bar like Ren's, but I ordered a swatch to at least get a good look at it in person. Haven't found anything else even close to it since. :(

I picked up some heavy cotton monk's cloth last night in an even-weave. I'm going to use that for my first version of his over-coat. There is another thread that is looking for people to sign up for a BIG order from a mill to have the screen accurate fabric custom made.

Monk's cloth will get you close, but I think that's the closest you'll get without going custom.

I picked up some heavy cotton monk's cloth last night in an even-weave. I'm going to use that for my first version of his over-coat. There is another thread that is looking for people to sign up for a BIG order from a mill to have the screen accurate fabric custom made.

Monk's cloth will get you close, but I think that's the closest you'll get without going custom.

Awesome, thanks for the reply!

First of all, thanks a ton for posting your pictures. And I really appreciate the definition of the colors.

That item in the first picture- is that attached to the belt or is that just a reflection in the glass. I'm guessing a clip, since I've noticed it in a few pictures. Is it a normal covertec? It looks a bit metallic.

It would really help if I could get some shots of the bottom half of the overcoat to get an idea of where the seams are located, and whether or not they split on the sides, or how many panels it is, etc.

It is most definitely a clip attached to the belt. The material has a pearlescent quality but I suspect it's sprayed on, not in the weave. It seems the tunic is split on the sides and front and back. It folds into itself, I saw no sewing seam.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 251
It is most definitely a clip attached to the belt. The material has a pearlescent quality but I suspect it's sprayed on, not in the weave. It seems the tunic is split on the sides and front and back. It folds into itself, I saw no sewing seam.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to look at fabric coatings to see what they did there.

It would appear by that last picture, and a few I've collected from around the net that there are seams running up each side, and one seam in the front. They appear to start right under the belt, and split to form individual panels under the belt.

Thanks for the info.

It would appear by that last picture, and a few I've collected from around the net that there are seams running up each side, and one seam in the front. They appear to start right under the belt, and split to form individual panels under the belt.
Yes, from the belt are the panels.... But the back is also a seam I believe, I might be wrong ... I don't have the best photos of the back but this looks like a seam image.jpg

Yes, from the belt are the panels.... But the back is also a seam I believe, I might be wrong ... I don't have the best photos of the back but this looks like a seam View attachment 467821

It's been quite difficult to find a good shot of the back. I still haven't found one of the back that gives me the views I need. They all have a lot of glare on the back of the case.

There is this shot in the promo art that shows the panels in the front, but the back is obstructed. But I'm assuming it is that same pattern and split.

kylo1jpg-c2d726_624w.jpg

Hey Josh, I would like to get your thoughts on the mask... From looking a the preproduction pic of the helmet and then comparing it with the shots from C7... Do you think it folds up lik a face shield?

Yeah... Just a thought... When I was at C7, it just seemed there is more to this helmet than what is seen, can't explain... Just wondering if anyone else had these suspicions

image.jpgimage.jpg
These elements are interesting..... There is a slight bulge in the helmet ... There are subtle line elements as well. From the side it's a very distinct seam

Hm. it could be. At this point I'd lean towards it being a simple bucket, but it could be a face shield. It is a pretty big helmet, so I wouldn't rule it out.

If I had to guess right now though, I would say there aren't any moving parts on this one.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back