Kylo Ren: Buckle WIP

SLA version is ready to be casted !!!

going to begin on this very soon expect a run interest thread online very soon ^^

sgryseW.jpg

I'll probably get one, only because I want to try a sand cast. (don't worry, I won't be selling. I just want to try sand casting in bronze.) I work at a gold refiner and have access to a 20 and 35 KW induction furnace, and have about 50 lbs of bronze laying around that people thought was gold...) I'll probably add posts to peen over through the belt.

I don't think the originals are red its just the lighting if you look at the vanity fair shoot and the exhibit shots that some folks took before the staged lighting was turned on it looks semi-gloss black the lighting gives strange colour tones

I don't think the originals are red its just the lighting if you look at the vanity fair shoot and the exhibit shots that some folks took before the staged lighting was turned on it looks semi-gloss black the lighting gives strange colour tones

I will look for those, thanks!

You know what.... I looked at these unlighted photos just a few hours ago and didn't even pay attention to this... :sleep

img_8898.jpg

Ok, so black onyx resin then, maybe with a very very slight amount of aluminium to give it s metallic shine? :D

I will look for those, thanks!

You know what.... I looked at these unlighted photos just a few hours ago and didn't even pay attention to this... :sleep

View attachment 475811

Ok, so black onyx resin then, maybe with a very very slight amount of aluminium to give it s metallic shine? :D

I think you can apply (little bit) "Ebony black metallic wax" (Rub 'n Buff)

hntiuNr.gif

Vanity Fair shot : totally black colored

I think you can apply (little bit) "Ebony black metallic wax" (Rub 'n Buff)

http://upload.dinhosting.fr/B/u/l/hntiuNr.gif
Vanity Fair shot : totally black colored

Sounds a lot like the "rub and tug"

Great tip on that stuff, I will surely do it.

And now that we're talking about the color, I completely know it's black, but for some reason when we've been looking at the belt in a macro view it never even occurred to me about the color problems with lighting. It is like I was looking at a completely different costume, one that is only a red belt and nothing else.

I wonder if he actually goes helmetless in the film or if this was just setting up shots and so on. IT will be interesting to see if his helmet is just something he wears or if he is integrated into it later on in the movie like Vader was...

Potential spoilers though, so maybe best to not answer it.

for now still rocking the first two i can churn out about 6 a night so for now they will hold haha

if the mold deteriorates i'll make a fresh one

You'll get a lot longer life out of it if you're using mold release.

I've found that these easy flat molds you can do a long time without needing it, but if you use it the mold will last forever. Downside, you add at least 30 minutes onto the prep time before you can cast each set. I've gotten about 80 casts when making my E11's with using mold release before the molds started to deteriorate. However the molds were made with tin cure silicone and aren't the most durable.

I think you're right though, 2 molds are enough. You're getting a huge surge of purchases but it will level off and taper into a steady few a week so no need to drop in a lot more.

Just a reminder, this is not a sales thread... please keep all of the sales related questions/pictures/posts in the Project Runs forum thread. Thanks. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back