Kylo Ren: Buckle WIP

I hope you don’t mind if I use your blueprint for my buckle. Not to step on your toes, but I work better using layered sintra. That way I can do the internal details before moving on to the next level. Are you sure it’s 9mm wide, though? 3/8” seems rather thick.

I hope you don’t mind if I use your blueprint for my buckle. Not to step on your toes, but I work better using layered sintra. That way I can do the internal details before moving on to the next level. Are you sure it’s 9mm wide, though? 3/8” seems rather thick.
not at all go ahead

from the side shots we've seen i think 9mm should be pretty close maybe less maybe more but not by a great deal i printed a real version to check before getting printed in high res the proportions feel good

The fun part is that you can use velcro to hold the belt together. Use the top-stitched strips to also stitch on some duck cloth with velcro connected to it. Then, just sew loop velcro to the other side.

Will you post your run on the 501st boards as well, or just here? Just want to make sure I don't miss out. :)

I will indeed post on the 501st RPF and the UKG forums

- - - Updated - - -

Are you planning on offering the saber clip greebly for the belt, too?
If we can't find the original yes ! But I'm pretty confident we can track it down we have some great leads being ran down now !

Do you expect the cast or 3D print to be a cleaner final appearance?

A cast will almost always be a cleaner version vs a printed version.

The castings are as perfect as the master you use.

He will clean and perfect the print he made, then he will pour some silicone over it and BAM, a perfect casting.

I'd wait for the casting for sure. Plus this way we can help support a great RPF'er providing a nice service to us. If you get the shapeways version, he gets paid nothing, it's all shapeways costs.

Thinking of that, Sni9er; you should really put in at least $5 profit for you in the shapeways item. Most people here will wait for your final casting vs buying a printed one that needs cleanup. The people who buy it on shapeways should at least pay you for your work!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back