Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

I'm back!
Question for everyone who's finished the backpack, how do you attach the piece on the shoulder strap for the chained canister? I've got almost everything else done.

On my costume, all the clothing is done. I just need to weather. I'll get pictures off it up eventually add soon as I can get someone to take them. I definitely couldn't have made it this far without everyone here! Thanks a ton!

I did the same thing as Kristen. I can take a picture of that's helpful.

I can't wait to see your finished costume @Goldhawk! What a journey!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That would be helpful, thanks!

I can't wait to get it weathered take some pictures! It was finished enough that I wore it on Halloween, which was a lot of fun! The only serious piece I'm missing are the boots, and I'm going to have to make myself those...Sigh...big feet....

That would be helpful, thanks!

I can't wait to get it weathered take some pictures! It was finished enough that I wore it on Halloween, which was a lot of fun! The only serious piece I'm missing are the boots, and I'm going to have to make myself those...Sigh...big feet....
Oh man. I just looked and it sends I only glued mine. That seems risky. I must have glued it meaning to go back and stitch it and just forgot in all the excitement. Well it's held up ok. But here are some placement pictures.

I was saying that Kristen the other day that I miss working on my scavenger Rey a lot. So while this is a doh! moment I'm kind of excited to have something to go back to and work on. Even if it's small. Hahahaha.

3187214f1a2beac57293916c3da3789f.jpg
52cb72938b97a759fd90764fd53e285b.jpg
86a9e455e9a295cc62e8e9dd70b50074.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thank you! That clears it up alot!
I'm almost done with the weathering of my greeblies, so I can' t wait to get everything finally on the pack! Yay for winter break and free time!

So...for all those of you who bought the PoZu boot before they started printing the Star Wars logo on it I have a question. How tall is the front piece/tongue of the boot? I have started working on my own boots, but I need the height of that particular piece.
Here's my mockup so far. 1516507567773276307410.jpg
A little clumsy looking now, but I think I have all the dimensions right.

So...for all those of you who bought the PoZu boot before they started printing the Star Wars logo on it I have a question. How tall is the front piece/tongue of the boot? I have started working on my own boots, but I need the height of that particular piece.
Here's my mockup so far. View attachment 788729
A little clumsy looking now, but I think I have all the dimensions right.

I’ll try to remember to measure tomorrow if no one has replied by then. I got mine before TFA came out.

You’re welcome! If you have any other questions about them, feel free to ask. I could afford them at the time, but I certainly can’t afford to buy TLJ boots right now. :(

Indeed. I was hoping that at least they would expand their sizing when they began to make them more commercially, but apparently not. That, combined with the price necessitates my having to make them.

Just wanted to share this!

I was contacted by a fellow member of my Rey Cosplay Community group about a set of goggles and a shoulder pad for his daughter to wear to Emerald City Comic Con this March.

Since I absolutely cannot resist a Mini Rey, I agreed to build both and gift them to her. <3

28276940_10215171978069129_202556742936502138_n.jpg

The shoulder pad was made with the genuine rug fabric i received from KENDRA.

The goggles--which had to be sized down a good bit from my usual build size-- were based on lenses gifted to me by USAJDM

So, while I did build and gift these to her myself, Kendra and USAJDM also contributed... so a HUGE thank you to both of you for helping to make this a possibility for her. If you want to find her on Instagram or Twitter, her tag is #thatonecosplaygirl

#ScavengeOn!

Though many of you have found the FB group and are part of our scavenger family over there, i still miss the vibrancy of this thread, and will always cherish what we all started here <3

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back