Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

I'm currently doing a budget home depot build of the staff and this is super helpful thanks!
Here's a photo of what I've got so far, I'll post more pictures when it gets father along.View attachment 488986
I have a breakdown of all the parts if anyone is interested

This thread has been so helpful, thanks everyone! :)

I would love a breakdown of the parts! I'm doing the same and what you have so far looks great.

Also great call on those pants theladylexy. I grabbed the last small pair that my local store had.

Looks great! I ran by HD and found that the 15/16" ID, 1/8" wide, o-ring works well. What did you use for the thicker end rings? I would also like to see your parts list.

Hey guys! Found this thread today. Amazing stuff here.

I believe that the goggle "greeblies" look a lot like ski boot/dirt bike boot buckles.

fulltilt_1415_top-aluminum.png
Obviously not these ones specifically, but maybe someone will eventually find something searching around. Happy hunting! :p

Hey guys! Found this thread today. Amazing stuff here.

I believe that the goggle "greeblies" look a lot like ski boot/dirt bike boot buckles.

View attachment 489955
Obviously not these ones specifically, but maybe someone will eventually find something searching around. Happy hunting! :p

Those might work. I posted an image earlier on of a u-bolt that looked pretty close too. I will have to compare prices and an images to see what would work best. Thanks for the additional idea to look at for that.

So, I made some pants from raw silk, but I haven't finished the cuffs on the bottom because I can't for the life of me figure out the wrappings. Anyone have any guesses? :cry

The only thing I can tell is that they are attached at the seam on the outside of the legs, they are hand stitched and appear to be spliced together for length,
The cuff itself may actually have a tab at the seam since you can see an opening just above it on both legs.

I posted a picture in post 232.

So a few minutes ago while looking to see if any new reference pix have popped up I find a thread on the RL where pix I posted here have been re-posted.

Anyway someone over there was told by someone working at the exhibit that the head wrap is nothing more than a long sleeve t-shirt.
If you got a large enough one it may work with a little tweaking.

ugh. I have been studying tons of "Bedouin head wrap" videos trying to figure it out. It was impossible to get the double wrap and the material not weigh a ton. But a long sleeve shirt, Mystery solved! Now on to find the shirt...It looks like the arm wraps may be the same material?

So I've been at a stand still on things due to work making me exhausted, now that inventory is over, maybe I can breathe and actually work on this costume.

I found something at work the other day that looked similar to the add-on sole. The post about it looking like cantaloupe skin got me thinking outside the box. As I was sorting some returns to go back to their departments, I found a rubber mat that had the same design as the boot base.

k2-_62948fb2-24f5-4a53-aba6-3f6aa4694661.v1.jpg

Could maybe be a possible if layered to get the thickness right. I work at Walmart, and they are in the pet section. Only 4 dollars before tax, so I may get one to tinker with this payday.

Since its rubber, it would be able to withstand walking on it. If it doesn't work, I was thinking maybe thin cording dipped in something to make it harden layered to get the same kind of design, but that would be very time consuming.

Why must they make things so flipping difficult for us? I understand not wanting things to look earthly, but some things are ridiculous.

P.S. I haven't forgotten about the pic of the fabric, my camera is M.I.A lol

I've been looking at making soles from scratch.
More money and time than I want to spend on this.

The quick easy thing to do is just role out a strip of clay then roll a cantaloupe over it then cast in latex or urethane rubber to make a wrap around strip to add to what ever shoe that gets used.
I used rubber floor matting cut in strips to go around the bottom edge of some water/rock shoes for a C-3PO I did a few years ago.
Just glued it on with GOOP.

Sorry it took so long to get back with the breakdown for my Home Depot staff build but here it is. I made a list on the website since I don't think everyone knows electrical part names but i recommend picking up stuff in store to make sure it's sized the way you want it. I ordered my orings off of amazon, I only got one size but I'm eventually going to order a thicker width for the lower part of the staff. Once you have the parts in front of you I think it should be pretty self explanatory but I can help if you have any questions on what goes where :)
I chose to use electrical expansion joints for the oring covered parts so I could disassemble easily but they are a little pricey, they could probably be substituted with different widths of pipe for people looking to save some money.
Home Depot list - https://secure2.homedepot.com/webap...relfwPfi4vQoKQw8elvAhP4NIsBszbNXEV31HpV7Wx/0=

O-rings - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FMUSQ4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Kristenhenry70 - Oh yessss, let me know how that goes. If it goes well for you, I might bat my eyelashes your way for help on how to do my own pants as well. :)

I did end up getting them and I think they're perfect. I haven't started converting the legs yet, but the fit and color are perfect so I think I'll be set. I think the reason that the screen used ones have splice seams in the leg ties is because I reckon they cut material off the pants to shorten the legs and then spliced that together to make the ties.

At least that's what I'm going to do... :p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back