Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

As I said, have you found anything closer?

Took me over 8 hours of looking just to find that one.
Use the glove as a template with the correct materials.

In case you didn't notice, the fabric was just sewn in at an angle instead of straight across.

I'm with division6... it may not turn out to be the be-all-end-all.... but it's a damn good pattern if nothing else. the stitching layout is nearly identical. One could take those gloves apart and use them as a pattern, or buy two pairs and use donor material from one pair to add details to the other such as removing the wrist strap and patching some more of the leather onto that area.

As far as the weave pattern of the material in the knuckle area... it *may* not have the exact weave, but by the time you get it all distressed the only person that's going to pick that bit out is the guy with a magnifying glass, an unhealthy desire to pick apart EVERY person's costume just for the fun of it and--no big shock--no costume of his own to show that's better than what he's nitpicking.

We may indeed find something better later on...but Division6 has proven himself time and again being willing to do the digging and scrounging to ID things. I'd cut him some slack... he's found the best possible match so far.

And--as he's said-- if you can do better then please do! We're all on the same quest here, so rather than pull down someone else it is more helpful to add something of your own for consideration. That will get us all across the finishline faster.

As I said, have you found anything closer?

Took me over 8 hours of looking just to find that one.
Use the glove as a template with the correct materials.

In case you didn't notice, the fabric was just sewn in at an angle instead of straight across.

Yep even if you use it as a base that looks REALLY Good.
As with my Kylo Ren I just finished with my gloves i literally just found gloves i could unseam and then make correct (which is what I did) these are a heck of a start!

With any of these costumes HEAVY modification is usually needed.

I dare say this is IDENTICAL to the material i used on my Kylo Ren Sleeves. It only took me an hour of scoring the Fabric district before i found the material. i describe it as cotton made up of a million little dots.

Here are my sleeves you can see the dots very well in this image
YcrlHBM.jpg

Honestly those gloves are a KILLER start if you wanted to be more accurate just replace with a like material and call it a day :D The original color of the material above was almost exact to what you guys need! In fact its at Joannes right now in the Clearance Section at all the Joannes Ive gone to recently (which is a few)

and here is Kylos Sleeve

GFy5pBk.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking about the backpack.... the overall shape is not unlike a German Tornister... except that the flap is shortened up a lot on Rey's. Maybe they took one and cut it off?

What got me thinking about that is that the Stormtroopers in the OT had the Furry German Tornister packs on their Dewbacks for saddlebags. Since we know Rey has salvaged Stormie Lenses in use as Goggles, and since she's a scavenger... maybe she snagged a Dewback Saddlebag?

I dunno... but the shape of them is right, and if you shaved off the horsehair and cut the flap down you'd be well on your way to having the right look.

At least it's be good for a pattern.

I'm with division6... it may not turn out to be the be-all-end-all.... but it's a damn good pattern if nothing else. the stitching layout is nearly identical. One could take those gloves apart and use them as a pattern, or buy two pairs and use donor material from one pair to add details to the other such as removing the wrist strap and patching some more of the leather onto that area.

As far as the weave pattern of the material in the knuckle area... it *may* not have the exact weave, but by the time you get it all distressed the only person that's going to pick that bit out is the guy with a magnifying glass, an unhealthy desire to pick apart EVERY person's costume just for the fun of it and--no big shock--no costume of his own to show that's better than what he's nitpicking.

We may indeed find something better later on...but Division6 has proven himself time and again being willing to do the digging and scrounging to ID things. I'd cut him some slack... he's found the best possible match so far.

And--as he's said-- if you can do better then please do! We're all on the same quest here, so rather than pull down someone else it is more helpful to add something of your own for consideration. That will get us all across the finishline faster.

I agree, those gloves look nearly exact to me, and if the only real difference (after a bit of modding on the cuff) is the textile pattern then I say that it's good enough, like Kristen said, no one is ever going to look that closely. If that tiny little detail is really that big of a deal then it should be possible to remove the insert and replace it with something different but to me it would be just splitting hairs and hardly worth the effort.

If you can't find one easy enough the large pack could easily be made into it, the flap edge is already the correct shape.
I payed extra for one in good condition with no outer markings (some have satchel signals printed on top)

If anyone needs more pictures or measurements let me know.

mypacks.jpg

I've been looking for the pack as well, a bug chunk of yesterday.
I wish there was a Tandy Leather store near by, I'd just make it from scratch.

I posted the pix of the big bag up there in case any of the ladies would like something big to carry around the Cons for their swag and plunder.

I've spent most of this morning (it's my day off) looking at boots and slippers again.

Last edited:
The C7 pix where under low colored lighting and the stills have most likely been color graded.

I saw some fabric a few weeks ago at JoAnn's that I want to go take a second look at.
Looked similar in texture and was grey IIRC.

If it's close enough I may just get a pair of close enough styled slippers or shoes and cover them and make the uppers since they look added anyway.

If you can't find one easy enough the large pack could easily be made into it, the flap edge is already the correct shape.
I payed extra for one in good condition with no outer markings (some have satchel signals printed on top)

If anyone needs more pictures or measurements let me know.

View attachment 478888

Hmmmm... I don't think the big British pack is close enough to use. I mean *yes* it's the right overall shape....

I dunno... I think i'm going to end up scratch making it. There are more than enough pics to get all of the details right... and anyway there's lots of loops and straps and whatsits to add on so why not make it from scratch? Actually, it might be kinda fun :p

The smaller pouch is the correct one, they just cut down the right side, moved the right loop to the left, added the Alice clip and added a loop on the back to attach to the belt.
You can see the loop on the back in the bike picture.

For the larger pack it has plenty of material for making into the smaller pack, the only thing missing is the loops on the side.

Hmmmm... I don't think the big British pack is close enough to use. I mean *yes* it's the right overall shape....

I dunno... I think i'm going to end up scratch making it. There are more than enough pics to get all of the details right... and anyway there's lots of loops and straps and whatsits to add on so why not make it from scratch? Actually, it might be kinda fun :p

If you need measurements let me know. :)

satchel mods sm.jpg

BTW textures, colors, styles (details) and materials will very with vintage pieces depending on maker (32 in England) and country made (Commonwealth Counties like Canada, India, etc).

Interesting site I found while looking for the pouch.
link

I think three different bags; there is the belt pouch which has been identified, her leather backpack seen at CVII, and her shoulder bag seen in the still photo.

Sorry to confuse you Kristen.

When you where talking about shaving the German pack I knew you where talking about the leather one.

I posted the large hand bag since I had just discovered some new pix of it and thought some might be interested in it since it goes with the less complex version of her costume.
Your comment about making it from scratch was a misunderstanding on my part, sorry.
Thought you meant the pouch.:facepalm

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back