Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

Make the pieces with 1" dia ends, mold, then when you pour the cast piece insert a tube or rod with mold release or a condom on it so that once the resin is cured it can be removed.
Then all you have to do is slide the parts into place and glue with CA.

The couplers could be hidden under the cloth wrap.

So you get a better idea of what I mean.

Attachments

• parts mold.jpg
    parts mold.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:
Here are a few pix of the top end of the staff.
It amazes me that thousands of people photographed this thing but so far I haven't been able to find a single side shot of the 3 buttons.

staff top.jpg

I've been commissioned to make this staff for a client, so if anyone is interested in possibly buying a casting let me know. If I get enough I can do a small run. I don't know exactly how many yet but it seems like this staff is going to be in the range of 70" so it might have to be quite a few to afford that much silicone.

Id be interested in a cast

Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 9.05.25 AM.png

Does anyone have a higher resolution picture of this section (the bottom) of the staff? It's the last part I need to draw out but I can't tell from any of the materials I've gathered whether or not it has the same knurling perpendicular to the staff as the some of the other sections. I'd assume it does, but it would be nice to know for sure if that info is out there somewhere.

EDIT: Also, I am working out how to make this with cast parts due to how many repeating sections there are. I didn't realize this at first so my original plan was just to turn everything on my lathe, but its look like now even the client piece will be cast parts assembled on some kind of rod. If you're interested in a cast, it'd be great if you could PM me. It's a lot easier to keep track of everyone that way rather than searching through this thread, and I'd hate to miss anyone. Apologies to anyone who's already left a reply here.

Last edited:
Based on those last two photos, I was able to finish up my first round of blueprints for this. Ignore the colors, that's just denoting some stuff for me for the construction process. The pink though, is the 1" piece that seems to consistently go through the entire center of the staff, so if I'm able to put kits together the blue and green will be the pieces I'll be selling.

If anyone thinks there's any errors in this, feel free to let me know. I did my best with the perspective correction but its probably not perfect and I'd like to crowd-source as much accuracy as possible from anyone who wants to help.

reystaff.jpg

Good catch about the circle at the top, I didn't have that view at all. I think you're also right about the conical piece being the same at the top and the bottom. I had the main shape the same, but it probably also includes the knurled part at the bottom that is hidden by the strap in the photos.

Wow I can't believe this form exists! There's more crazies like me. This is all very helpful and I thank you all!

I am very interested in the 3D staff as well.

Well accept for the cuff and leather instead of suede on the palms and thumb I think we have a winner.

View attachment 477746

Amazon link for those interested.
link

The fabric pattern that shows between the leather is wrong. On Rey's glove it's a diagonal pattern where the layers are nestled together. On the Petzl gloves, it's a grid pattern.

h89EHFR.png

Rey's fabric looks like canvas; whereas the Petzl gloves' looks like polyester or something synthetic.

Last edited:
I've searched leather gloves, leather work gloves (UK), motorcycle gloves, driving gloves, gardening gloves (UK), military and tactical gloves, knuckle gloves, leather gauntlets, climbing gloves, and a few other variants that I can't think of at the moment.

You find anything closer?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back