Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

A new pic for you guys.....
image45.jpeg

I didn't know one could buy a shoulder at Hobby Lobby! I have one less than two miles from me! I am SO going there tonight! I plan to make the belt, bracer and backpack. Guess I should get busy....!

Hehe I need to make the belt and bracer too. The shoulders are rolled up in a mesh bag and say they'll be 4-5 feet long. They need to be dyed. I saw 2 at my store and then went a few days later and there was only 1 left, so I bought it!

I got my silk knit in the mail from Dharma yesterday. It's pretty perfect. Good stretch so that pattern I ordered posted here should be perfect. Going to give it to my mom to make this weekend. It drapes wonderfully. There's a slight sheen and it's a little slinky, but once dyed I think it might be perfect.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

gotcha :)

I believe the outer layer (which appears white-ish) is pig skin. The layer behind that looks like greyish wool. I'm planning to use a junk TK faceplate to mount the lenses into, then cut it down to shape and put the grey wool on the inside (toward my face) and the pigskin on the outer surface with the stitches and such in it. I'm thinking of using thermo plastic beads to mold the side clips for the shock cord.

For mine I used pigskin for the outer layer layer and layer against my face, in between to give it more stability I have a layer of craft foam, a knit layer and some batting. For the edges I rolled some batting and encased it in some of the leftover material from my shirt. And for the clips I made them with sheet aluminum.20151205_130535.jpg

I do not think I can get them done in time to ship. I still have the staff to put together for the premier. :(

No problem. I am really sorry it took me so long to get the kit out to you. So many of the sections of the staff are ribbed and printed vertically-- I tried to maintain most of the details and that means I have to run my printer slower than usual, otherwise there's a risk of the longer sections "wobbling" and winding up more messy than I'm willing to allow. :( Also doesn't help that earlier this week my printer decided to just quit 60% of the way into a 36 hour print. I lost pretty much a whole day of print time.

No problem. I am really sorry it took me so long to get the kit out to you. So many of the sections of the staff are ribbed and printed vertically-- I tried to maintain most of the details and that means I have to run my printer slower than usual, otherwise there's a risk of the longer sections "wobbling" and winding up more messy than I'm willing to allow. :( Also doesn't help that earlier this week my printer decided to just quit 60% of the way into a 36 hour print. I lost pretty much a whole day of print time.

No worries, I got the parts today in the mail and they look great! Just need to do some cleanup on them and see if just paint will fill in the areas or if I need to go in with a little Apoxy Sculpt.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back