Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

here are a few closeups of the screen accurate boots for you all: I just received them today:

12341444_10207649245245510_567703095731241103_n.jpg12314066_10207649250805649_8057426092644149373_n.jpg12279045_10207649253845725_2034705465096579279_n.jpg12241272_10207649191604169_8867143624149128166_n.jpg

Not Rey's costume, but it IS Rey Related. I just got this in the post today:

12342449_10207649643375463_8830947205308051715_n.jpg
I LOVE the old school vibe of this! Can't wait to wear it. :) A little Christmas gift to myself.

*****SPOILER CONCERNING NEW REY COSTUME ITEMS - OPEN AT OWN RISK!********

ReyResistanceOutfit.jpg

Rey's resistance outfit.
So apparently a holster, different arm bracers that look like they go over the wraps and a lightsaber hilt will need to be added to my upgrades list. Also looks like some type of knee pads or different pants.

Last edited:
*****SPOILER CONCERNING NEW REY COSTUME ITEMS - OPEN AT OWN RISK!********

View attachment 563785

Rey's resistance outfit.
So apparently a holster, different arm bracers that look like they go over the wraps and a lightsaber hilt will need to be added to my upgrades list. Also looks like some type of knee pads or different pants.

Where did you find that? New screen shots of the vest were posted on the last page. But...

We didn't know anything about it really - definitely not that it was resistance related. This is cool! I'd like to get one..but haven't seen any Rey toys in the stores :(

It's off one of the action figure collecting sites. Im a major figure collector. I believe the pic showed up first on a canada amazon temp product page. It is not out in the US yet but it's the next pending wave and should be out in the US very soon.

Yeah, i saw the vest pics here, but the other stuff seems like totally new info.

Welp, our commissioner cancelled on us last minute due to family issues. Time for a 1 week Rey build to begin... Still have no idea what to do about her belt and bracer, though, unfortunately. Terrible at working with leather and can't find any local places that sell it!

JJ... you might also speak to DIVISION6. He made his own belt and bracer, and also posted templates for both a way back. Give him a shout if commisions don't pan out and you want to have a go at it yourself. I know you could do it... these are pretty primitive.

***EDIT****

PM sent with patterns mentioned above!

Last edited:
You're farther along than I am! I have everything, but I haven't started sewing. I started working with the leather Sunday night, and made a dog collar to practice :)

As far as the pouch, I'm planning on sewing it. If I make any sort of pattern or can replicate it, I will post it here for you! I most likely will make one but it will be the last thing I do before the premiere probably.

yeah, I compromised on a lot in terms of fabric choices, etc but I feel good about where I'm at with it at the moment. With the pouch, I actually decided to buy one of the suggested ammo bags - (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013O579G) and I'm just going to rework that. It's not perfect, but I didn't have time to wait on a wwii signal bag and I'll actually get it in time to work on it. I would still totally be interested in a pattern though, because this probably will be something I rework down the line.

ALSO - I found a pair of shoes at kohls that will work, as I don't have time/funds for the po-zu piper. I could probably edit them easily to make them closer visually to the po-zus but I don't know if I'll have the time. they're supposed to arrive somewhere between the 11th and the 18th. freaking out over that longest estimate, but fingers crossed. at the very least, I intend to darken them up a bit and make them more brown than gray. we'll see.
2337195_Gray_Multi.jpg

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2337195/madden-girl-jackmen-womens-boots.jsp?color=Gray Multi

Also.. if anyone is making the pouch and needs an ALICE clip... I work at an Army Surplus store. We have LOADS of them. I can set you up with one for postage... should be a dollar or less to just about anywhere.

Also.. if anyone is making the pouch and needs an ALICE clip... I work at an Army Surplus store. We have LOADS of them. I can set you up with one for postage... should be a dollar or less to just about anywhere.

YES PLEASE. I almost keep forgetting the damned thing. Would it make it's way to Alabama in time?

Oh darn! I just bought some off eBay. It was only $3.00 though and I got 3 of them. Plus they're used so they're pre-weathered for me :p But I'm cutting it close. Don't think they'll show up until Monday.

Welp, our commissioner cancelled on us last minute due to family issues. Time for a 1 week Rey build to begin... Still have no idea what to do about her belt and bracer, though, unfortunately. Terrible at working with leather and can't find any local places that sell it!

I found this Etsy shop had a lot of the right metal pieces. Not sure what else you need. Not my shop, but had a great experience with them!

By Richmond, I'm going to assume VA - I work at Hobby Lobby here in AL and I think we have a location there? I know we have some leather working supplies. I'm actually going to pick up some of the stuff for my bracer tonight before I leave, so I'll take a good look while I'm there. Our website should also give you a pretty good idea of what we carry in the store. But that's all if you want to try your hand at it. I'm all nervous about it too. We shall see.

By Richmond, I'm going to assume VA - I work at Hobby Lobby here in AL and I think we have a location there? I know we have some leather working supplies. I'm actually going to pick up some of the stuff for my bracer tonight before I leave, so I'll take a good look while I'm there. Our website should also give you a pretty good idea of what we carry in the store. But that's all if you want to try your hand at it. I'm all nervous about it too. We shall see.

You do have a fair bit I'd assume :) I got most of my leather supplies at our Hobby Lobby. The one here had a nice selection. They had full shoulders for $34.99 that you could use the 40% coupons on - great for the belt. Also bags of leather scraps for $9.99 or less, tools for $7-8 and all sorts of goodies! Also bought the primer for my staff there last night (specifically a plastic primer).

PS There's one in the Short Pump and Woodlake areas. My brother use to live near Short Pump and I thought I'd seen one.

You do have a fair bit I'd assume :) I got most of my leather supplies at our Hobby Lobby. The one here had a nice selection. They had full shoulders for $34.99 that you could use the 40% coupons on - great for the belt. Also bags of leather scraps for $9.99 or less, tools for $7-8 and all sorts of goodies! Also bought the primer for my staff there last night (specifically a plastic primer).

xD this is all good to know. I'm usually stuck over in the floral corner of the store. people look at me like I'm out of my box if I'm back over in crafts.

I didn't know one could buy a shoulder at Hobby Lobby! I have one less than two miles from me! I am SO going there tonight! I plan to make the belt, bracer and backpack. Guess I should get busy....!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back