Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

Hey Everyone,

I started working on our cosplay back in January and your posts in this thread were very helpful in the beginning stages and I wanted to say, thank you. My little Elsa Rey got a lot of attention and had lots of fun.

http://imgur.com/a/k5lX0
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Hey Everyone,

I started working on our cosplay back in January and your posts in this thread were very helpful in the beginning stages and I wanted to say, thank you. My little Elsa Rey got a lot of attention and had lots of fun.

View attachment 628908View attachment 628907View attachment 628909View attachment 628910View attachment 628911

That is just about the cutest thing ever! And great job on the costume!

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so it looked like about 5 people are still interested in he bandages for the arm wraps. I will get in contact with my friend this weekend and see about ordering some! If everything goes through, I will probably get some extras in case anybody else needs any. I will update as soon as I know more.

Hey Everyone,

View attachment 628908View attachment 628907View attachment 628909View attachment 628910View attachment 628911
Adorable! And a nice twist on the Jedi/Sith Elsa meme. The hooded robe is a perfect addition to the costume, and the whole thing is somehow giving me a KOTOR vibe.
So, how long before someone else does a green, Anna Rey?

Hello! I have been lurking on this thread for a LONG time. Thank you to everyone for their awesome research and help. I started out considering buying a cheapo Rey Halloween costume for Halloween. After finding this thread I put together a basic version on my own and have been working on upgrading. I still have a ways to go, but I'll post some more as I progress. I'm trying to document my amateurish DIY aspects in detail so what I do can be tweaked as needed in the future. What brings me out of lurking today though is...

My Po-Zu boots are coming apart :cry

I've worn them in costume a handful of times and a handful more out and about (they're so darn comfy!) But nothing has happened that should have damaged them. I emailed the company and sent them photos to make a warranty claim. But here's the deal- in order to minimize carbon footprint, they don't want to repair them. They will refund me 30% of what I paid to compensate me, and they suggested I purchase fabric in a similar tweed and sew a patch over it, or take it to a local shoe repair shop and ask them to do it.

So.... Yeah. This sucks. Do I try to sew a patch myself? Do I trust a repair shop with it? And my #1 question and what brought me here to ask.... Where the heck do I get a fabric to match??! Should I plead with Po-Zu to send me a swatch? They were very understanding and apologetic in their email and I haven't responded yet. Don't know if that's even a possibility. If they won't, anyone have a recommendation for a patch?

Pics of damage here... Please excuse the soul sucking 1960s government cubicle background made all the worse by sad boots :p

image.jpegimage.jpeg

I greatly appreciate any advice!

Looks awesome!! What kind of screws did you use?

I used the screws Charlie supplied. They are security torx screws....there's a whole thread dedicated to the blaster somewhere on the site. I have glanced over it a few times but don't have a link handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will refund me 30% of what I paid to compensate me, and they suggested I purchase fabric in a similar tweed and sew a patch over it, or take it to a local shoe repair shop and ask them to do it.
wow, that's nonsense, i doubt a patch will ever look right....they should replace them.

I emailed the company and sent them photos to make a warranty claim. But here's the deal- in order to minimize carbon footprint, they don't want to repair them. They will refund me 30% of what I paid to compensate me, and they suggested I purchase fabric in a similar tweed and sew a patch over it, or take it to a local shoe repair shop and ask them to do it.

Yikes, what a load of crap. $200+ shoes shouldn't fall apart to begin with, not to mention a weak reply to their warranty policy on Po-Zu's part.

"WARRANTY and CLAIMS

Po-Zu guarantees all of its shoes that are bought on po-zu.com at full price for up to 12 months from date of purchase against defective workmanship and/or materials when used under normal conditions for the purpose intended. For any claims made once the shoes have been worn, Po-Zu will either repair, replace, or issue credit based upon the original purchase price toward a new pair of shoes. Credits will not be considered if shoes have been subject to excessive or unusual wear, mistreatment, or accidental damage. We regret that that this warranty does not extend to shoes bought at discounted price.

All claims will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please e-mail us photos of your claim with a proof of purchase to: customerservice@po-zu.com and we will reply as soon as possible with further instructions."

kristen and people who have the amazon backpack bag is this color right!?

View attachment 629368 View attachment 629369 vs amazon pic View attachment 629370

It looks WAY too light / orange to me.

Mine is from ebay and he looked exactly orange like that when I received it. The color I bought was "chesnut brown", but I've changed it with Eco Gel Antique (Medium brown), and now it look accurate enough I think.

Before :
kajgd.jpg

After - indoor /outdoor (the light indoor is yellow/white, which change the color a lot) :
kjgsdf.jpgqlshdf.jpgsdfsdf.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes, what a load of crap. $200+ shoes shouldn't fall apart to begin with, not to mention a weak reply to their warranty policy on Po-Zu's part.

Yeah I think they give themselves leeway on how it's handled. I did get a response today that they will send me a swatch of the actual fabric though. I'm hoping that will help my odds of a successful repair.

Yeah I think they give themselves leeway on how it's handled. I did get a response today that they will send me a swatch of the actual fabric though. I'm hoping that will help my odds of a successful repair.

Yeah, this is NOT cool. If I'd seen this ahead of time, no way would I have bought from them. Regretting it now, due to customer service issues and fear that mine will crap out, too. I had a lot of angst about getting shoes that expensive to begin with (never paid that much for any piece of clothing ever - not my style), and this is not OK.

Guess I will not be recommending this company to anyone...ever. Not anymore. The boots are comfy, but nope. Maybe this will be a fluke thing, but the lack or replacement is just poor business on their part, and I can't support that.

- - - Updated - - -

On a happier note, my bandages also came in the post the other day. Thank you, Kristen!

For what it's worth, Julie wears hers all the time and they've been extremely durable. While Pozu should address the issue more professionally, I do think you could get a pretty invisible repair done by a good cobbler.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back