Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

It's not like it's the anovos shirt...it's a better start then the simplicity pattern. In that the directions are pretty easy to follow. And it's like $5 right now.
92656e55b7733c4e7c6c58f0110fd502.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of the above members have been contacted, because:

View attachment 624579

BAM!!!

My connection in UK has come through, and our Rey Bandages are here!

As soon as I have all of your preferred addresses I shall post them to you. Sorry it's taken so long...but we're finally here.

Now... I know that there were some of you who didn't make the 34 piece cut off. We *may* be able to arrange a second run of these. I will see how things look (I'm already quite out of pocket, so i may need to wait a bit) or also you may PM me for options. I have found some other bandages on eBay (RPF rules state I can't post a link here) and also my connection has indicated that she would be willing to purchase and ship directly to you if she is paid. I can put you in touch with her.

I wish that i could have sourced enough for everyone on the list...it breaks my heart that i've had to cut it down to 34 pieces. But perhaps we can work out solutions for the rest of you as well.

May The Force Be With You.

thank you for trying!! If you can get more, I am interested. The ones I bought at rite ad are too bulky. I wasn't sure which of the many eBay ones were correct, so prefer to try to get the ines you know are correct. Perhaps I could contact your person directly? Thank you again.

- - - Updated - - -

thank you for trying!! If you can get more, I am interested. The ones I bought at rite ad are too bulky. I wasn't sure which of the many eBay ones were correct, so prefer to try to get the ines you know are correct. Perhaps I could contact your person directly? Thank you again.

I would like to get in on the next order if that goes through

I just need one more addesss from Julietrose and I will have these all shipped out.

BTW... I had mentioned that I had bought some others on eBay. Those are still out there, so anyone who would like some can PM me and I will give you the link to where I got them from.

They come as a pack of six bandages. The bandages themselves are only 7.00 but the seller charges almost 35.00 for shipping. o_O (from UK)

I know that's pricey, but I bought some of them to fill out the list I had. Perhaps one or two of you kind souls could purchase one of those bundles of six and pass the other four on to two others on the cut off list after the 34 I've taken care of?

Just a thought. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a fantastic time at MCCC this weekend! There were SOOO many Sister Reys of all shapes and sizes that i got to spend time with, including our own @MiraDarkstar
Here are a few pics:

13177706_10204659669451721_2629835552759332284_n.jpg13177981_10154238824467904_9150827475529763229_n.jpg13179088_10154238797007904_754357437550737517_n.jpg13230218_10154238796442904_5332923530419134640_n.jpg13232903_10154238796232904_768107935692736489_n.jpg

13241157_778548458947657_3869225816941044859_n.jpg13249560_10208966093365890_723279334_n.jpg13254040_10154238819232904_4427031571947435836_n.jpg

13256024_10154238796067904_3094384502683270203_n (1).jpg

This picture was taken of my belt area, showing the X Wing Pilot doll that was generously gifted to me by our very own @Division6!

13164281_10208957095260943_4194819561942607182_n.jpg

And in kind, i turned around and gave it to this ADORABLE little Sister Rey:

13254049_10208965381068083_4799604292203346770_n.jpg

I met some of our other members this weekend too! @Kerrty came by to say hi. :thumbsup

This is why I do this! :love

That's awesome. I would like to meet some fellow Reys at a con too.

kristenhenry70: Thank you again for the bandages. Can you share with me what you did to make it the right shade? Did you dye them?

I have pretty much everything done. I just have to fixe the details and dirty up everything. It looks way to clean to be a scavenger. I also noticed that even though I believe I matched everything to the correct colors, the colors looks a little off on me because I have such a dark complexion than Daisy. I hope that once I'm done distressing everything, it will blend.

I promise, pics soon to come

kristenhenry70: Thank you again for the bandages. Can you share with me what you did to make it the right shade? Did you dye them?

I did mine ultra low-tech LOL.

I laid them out on the floor and sprayed them with the same "Dark Taupe" satin spray paint I use for my goggles. I got that at Lowe's.

I am looking at purchasing some of the bandages that Kristen was kind enough to share if anyone would like to split the costs. Just PM me if you are interested!

@kristenhenry70 it was so great to meet you! Thank you again for the gift! It will go to good use! I hope you had a fantastic time! My friends and I were so impressed with your Rey costume! I hope to see you again next year! I did run into that girl with the Rey outfit from the end of movie and it was pretty good!

@kristenhenry70, I'm interested in the bandages if you can get more!

Congratulations, jackwabbit! That's fantastic!

I've started on the headwrap. I have a shirt that is just about the perfect shape, so I'm using that for a pattern. Never done sleeves before, but I did get through all the curves in the bag lid, and sleeves can't be that much harder, right?! Hoping to have the headwrap done by June, then on to the challenge of finding the right color to dye the silk for the pants!
The headwrap is one of my favorite pieces in the scavenger costume, so I can't wait to finish it!

Hi guys!

This is actually my first forum post ever so I'm a little overwhelmed at how many pages there are on this thread.....anyone want to summarise for me ahaha?

I currently have my boots from po-zu and from a bit above, i see people are getting the bandages from boots in the UK? is this because these are screen accurate or something? anyway i've bought some and my friend is sending them here to australia!

Any help for the pants, top, belt & wrist cuff and satchel would be really wonderful!! I'm getting into cosplay for the first time in 3 years again and i'm trying to get into my local rebel legion base!

thanks so much guys!

Hi guys!

This is actually my first forum post ever so I'm a little overwhelmed at how many pages there are on this thread.....anyone want to summarise for me ahaha?

I currently have my boots from po-zu and from a bit above, i see people are getting the bandages from boots in the UK? is this because these are screen accurate or something? anyway i've bought some and my friend is sending them here to australia!

Any help for the pants, top, belt & wrist cuff and satchel would be really wonderful!! I'm getting into cosplay for the first time in 3 years again and i'm trying to get into my local rebel legion base!

thanks so much guys!
The first post in the thread has been edited with fabric links, cuff and belt patterns, and other resources. You can also try searching in this thread :] For the bag, several people have been able to find and alter vintage military satchels. Other people make them from scratch, so it's really a matter of budget/preference. If you're not super experienced with patterning, you can always get the pattern (I think it's Simplicity?) for the costume. It isn't perfect, but it would be a good starting point for making the shirt and pants, and it would get you started on the body wrap (although the commercial pattern doesn't have the body wrap looping on the left side).

Hi guys!

thanks so much guys!

Our illustrious Thread Momma TheLadyNerd has updated the front page with what fabrics are being used for most everything.

Have a look through that first post, and feel free to PM me with any further questions. :D

Good luck on your submission! I have recently joined the Legion with my Rey...as many others have. It can be done...:thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back