Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

Here's something that hasn't been talked about yet:

In my never ending quest to try to improve my goggles, I was directed to a screencap site which had these images from the film:

sw-force-awakens-movie-screencaps.com-1049.jpgsw-force-awakens-movie-screencaps.com-1052.jpg

Notice the black and red wires running out of the back of her light?

So apparently the working light wasn't self contained!

:eek

Anyone else pick up the Anovos Jakku Rey? I put in a pre-order with the May 4th/5th discount... We've got the Po-Zu boots already, the Signal satchel, and Kristen's goggles and JJ's staff kit on order - I can't wait to see what the completed ensemble looks like one day in 2019 or 2020 (just a guess based on Anovos' October 2016 delivery estimate and my past pre-orders with them)!

Not Rey related (not exactly, anyway) but since I've got my costume plate full for MCCC this weekend, I'd wanted a simple knock around look for Sunday morning before my Husband and our friends get suited up in our Predator outfits.

So I decided I'd wear "Big Deal's" flight jacket:

13177876_10208933872920399_6483101722398952332_n.jpg13220806_10208933873960425_9163780132875959429_n.jpg13232872_10208933873240407_8322684218235129465_n.jpg

I'll throw this on over my base Rey costume, and carry my F11-D and do the starkiller base version of Rey. :thumbsup

The base coat was from Amazon, and I took the airbrush and rubbing alcohol to it for the weathering. Then I added the correct webbing details to the jacket, and schlocked together a "good enough for last minute" chest greeblie out of some plastic parts I found at work.

I'll need to paint that gizmo tonight, and then it will serve as a stand in until I get my (eagerly awaited) accurate greeblies from JJGriffin.

I haven't run into this yet at an actual store, but my daily internet lunch search turned up a new Rey pattern from McCall's: https://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m7421 As with most patterns, the fabrics are horrid, and it probably needs some fixing up. lol But I'm most curious about the shirt pattern, honestly. Too bad there's no image of the pattern back.

I've worked on the goggles since a few days, here is the result for now :

rey goggles.jpg

The lenses came from @usajdm (Thank you !:angel) I've used chamois leather (the one that you can purchase for cleaning cars : https://www.norauto.fr/produit/peau...o_378725.html?CatalogID=&CatalogCategoryName= ) and lighten it with acrylic paint (white/taupe). I did the process many time to get ride of the yellowhish color of the leather, and then distressed it with brown/tan paint. Still need to add the grey leather on the inside and clips/light :)
Here is some pics of the step (the base is from worbla) :
zejkf.jpgjgfu.jpghdjd.jpgmkjsd.jpgkhsf.jpg

Last edited:
looks pretty good all around, only thing I would say is add some weathering to darken the bag color some. And the rings on the side of the bag are rectangular shape instead of D rings.

...what about your staff?

The staff is on its way, but I do have the blaster. However the staff was ordered months ago before I decided to try to the Legion, so I may have to make my own. I bought 3D printing files to do that in case the staff that's delivered isn't accurate enough. As for the blaster, I haven't been able to track down screws that are a perfect match so I'm debating on if I want to include that in my application :/

I can change out the D rings no problem, thanks for the catch! And I can definitely dye the bag darker as well. Do you think the body wraps are dark enough? When I dried them after dyeing I was thrilled with them, but every time I look at them in pictures I feel like they're way too light.

Last edited:
Went another step darker. It's not dramatic but I think it's where it should be. Or very close. Pants aren't done the wife is working on sewing those and the Henley. I'm working on another belt as this one is a bit to big around and to thin I think.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160511/43060fc0269445adc6eea2b335e67e6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good!

- - - Updated - - -

Not Rey related (not exactly, anyway) but since I've got my costume plate full for MCCC this weekend, I'd wanted a simple knock around look for Sunday morning before my Husband and our friends get suited up in our Predator outfits.

So I decided I'd wear "Big Deal's" flight jacket:

View attachment 624129View attachment 624130View attachment 624131

I'll throw this on over my base Rey costume, and carry my F11-D and do the starkiller base version of Rey. :thumbsup

The base coat was from Amazon, and I took the airbrush and rubbing alcohol to it for the weathering. Then I added the correct webbing details to the jacket, and schlocked together a "good enough for last minute" chest greeblie out of some plastic parts I found at work.

I'll need to paint that gizmo tonight, and then it will serve as a stand in until I get my (eagerly awaited) accurate greeblies from JJGriffin.

Nice job!

- - - Updated - - -

I finished my Rey last night! At least...I think I finished...I'd like some input on the colors/weathering. It's my goal to join the Rebel Legion, but I'd prefer to only apply once, so if you could let me know what you think could use some adjustment before I apply I'd appreciate it!!

View attachment 624268View attachment 624269
View attachment 624270View attachment 624271

Honestly, I would just submit now and see what they say, as what they see and what we see can be very different things. They had med darken my belt twine (subjective) and deepen my v-neck (needed) and change up my bag (needed). And at first, they wanted me to change my staff wraps, but then they allowed them. They give you time to redo a few things and it's no biggie.

- - - Updated - - -

The staff is on its way, but I do have the blaster. However the staff was ordered months ago before I decided to try to the Legion, so I may have to make my own. I bought 3D printing files to do that in case the staff that's delivered isn't accurate enough. As for the blaster, I haven't been able to track down screws that are a perfect match so I'm debating on if I want to include that in my application :/

I can change out the D rings no problem, thanks for the catch! And I can definitely dye the bag darker as well. Do you think the body wraps are dark enough? When I dried them after dyeing I was thrilled with them, but every time I look at them in pictures I feel like they're way too light.

The staff is not required and can be added to your approval later. So don't stress it.

USAJDM 3/21/16 PM QTY:2
FETT4REAL 3/23/16 PM QTY:2
BRINSTAR 3/23/16 PM QTY:2
GALACTICAT 3/23/16 PM QTY:4
PRIMALSTORM 3/23/16 PM QTY:2
COSPLAYARCHER 3/23/16 PM QTY:2
PAPERSFLOWER 3/23/16 PM QTY:2
KELLIWISE 3/23/16 POST QTY:2
JJGRIFFIN 3/23/16 POST QTY:2
AKITZMAN 3/23/16 POST QTY:2
SINRIDER 3/23/16 POST QTY:2
DLARIANFERREL 3/23/16 POST QTY:2
S4FFRON 3/24/16 PM QTY:3
IGGY 3/24/16 PM QTY:2
JACKWABBIT 3/24/16 POST QTY:2
JULIETROSE 3/24/16 POST QTY:2

All of the above members have been contacted, because:

13214849_10208941722716639_450487719_o.jpg

BAM!!!

My connection in UK has come through, and our Rey Bandages are here!

As soon as I have all of your preferred addresses I shall post them to you. Sorry it's taken so long...but we're finally here.

Now... I know that there were some of you who didn't make the 34 piece cut off. We *may* be able to arrange a second run of these. I will see how things look (I'm already quite out of pocket, so i may need to wait a bit) or also you may PM me for options. I have found some other bandages on eBay (RPF rules state I can't post a link here) and also my connection has indicated that she would be willing to purchase and ship directly to you if she is paid. I can put you in touch with her.

I wish that i could have sourced enough for everyone on the list...it breaks my heart that i've had to cut it down to 34 pieces. But perhaps we can work out solutions for the rest of you as well.

May The Force Be With You.

13214849_10208941722716639_450487719_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
****UPDATE****

Here we are so far:

USAJDM 3/21/16 PM QTY:2............................................shipped
FETT4REAL 3/23/16 PM QTY:2......................................shipped
BRINSTAR 3/23/16 PM QTY:2
.........................................shipped
GALACTICAT 3/23/16 PM QTY:4....................................shipped
PRIMALSTORM 3/23/16 PM QTY:2
................................shipped
COSPLAYARCHER 3/23/16 PM QTY:2...........................shipped
PAPERSFLOWER 3/23/16 PM QTY
................................shipped
KELLIWISE 3/23/16 POST QTY:2...................................shipped
JJGRIFFIN 3/23/16 POST QTY:2....................................shipped
AKITZMAN 3/23/16 POST QTY:2....................................shipped
SINRIDER 3/23/16 POST QTY:2......................................shipped
DLARIANFERREL 3/23/16 POST QTY:2
........................shipped
S4FFRON 3/24/16 PM QTY:3
...........................................shipped
IGGY 3/24/16 PM QTY:2...................................................shipped
JACKWABBIT 3/24/16 POST QTY:2
...............................shipped
JULIETROSE 3/24/16 POST QTY:2................................shipped

Last edited by a moderator:
[video]http://vid304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/jedi_paramedic/IMG_6604_zpsmnebu6ey.mp4[/video]

Video of my daughters Rey staff. Got some weathering done to it.

I haven't run into this yet at an actual store, but my daily internet lunch search turned up a new Rey pattern from McCall's: https://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m7421 As with most patterns, the fabrics are horrid, and it probably needs some fixing up. lol But I'm most curious about the shirt pattern, honestly. Too bad there's no image of the pattern back.

I actually just stumbled upon this myself while looking at McCall's patterns this morning, since they're on sale at JoAnn this weekend. I haven't bought any patterns for Rey yet, and while some of this is wrong (such as the wrap not being looped on one side), I'm wondering if the shirt and the pants are a good starting point.

Looks better then the simplicity pattern in terms of overall shape and such.....looks like its real...and that they put 7 Episode 7 and 421 in it...TK-421 is amusing I wonder if anyone else realized this yet?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back