Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

Welcome to the forum Alexa.

Did you make it to Britex in SF?:D
I really haven't looked into the fabrics yet accept for the boots.

If you haven't done it yet you should look at the Rit site since they have mixes for colors listed.

I just noticed that Walmart has the Petzl k53 gloves listed on their site (out of stock).
Someone might want to take a look in the stores to see if the carry them.

The local store here is like going into Tijuana so I avoid the place.:sick

I've gone to Britex like 3 times now looking for the perfect fabric haha! I found a lovely viscose today but it still looks too fluffy. Nothing that waterfalls and ripples like the scarf seems to do. Silk chiffon is too fluffy too.

IMG_8310.jpgIMG_8292.jpg

I got the Viscose/Silk mix on Dharma and after being washed, I think it looks pretty good. I got some Osnaburg Cotton from Walmart, but it has alot of brown flecks in it. The drape and everything is good though. The raw silk I got from Dharma for the pants isn't right. Its a great material, but just doesn't look right based on the pictures. Its got a nubbiness to it that the pictures don't have. I am bummed out by this due to the price for it and the fact that I can't afford silk again right now. I may just get a knit that looks right. I haven't been able to acquire the jersey since Dharma is out of it, so I bought some at Joann's the other day. Its not the hybrid as it should be, but the weight is right and it will work as a place holder until Dharma is back in stock.

I will get some images posted tomorrow if I don't forget again. I think I'm going to attempt tea or coffee for the coloring as opposed to dye, so that I can do it gradually.

I want to get as screen accurate as possible, but I also want to have something to wear for the release in Dec, so I am willing to sacrifice a few things that the average person won't notice.

My main problem now will be actual sewing.

I'm trying to finalize with my original client the price and deadline for the master copy of the staff, and it made me realize I should try to find out what deadline everyone else has for this. I know a few of you have expressed that you need the staff to take to SDCC in July, but unfortunately because of other projects I've already booked I know I won't be able to finish it by then. It looks like the date he's shooting for is Christmas, so please let me know if that potentially being the completion date won't work for you and I'll see what I can rearrange based on interest. So far, people who have PM'd me include (in no particular order):

Sorry I posted this already but I never quoted so you might have missed it!
I would be interested in the staff run as well. im looking at an October deadline if possible.
Nathalie

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys
Ok so im new as well to the RPF and i have been following this conversation for a while. you guys have found some pretty amazing stuff. my turn to contribute.
k so I spent way too long looking for the right material and I found this. its the material for the boots because im not sold on the uggs. they are close but not quite and expensive to destroy. granted I bought those petzl gloves...
check out this fabric and let me know what you think.
https://www.perennialsfabrics.com/categories/textures/hopsack/

DiarianFerrel - Would love to see pictures of the Viscose/Silk before I commit to my Bubble Gauze, if you have time this weekend! For the shirt and pants, I actually found some flowy capris and tops at Forever 21 that I think I can cut up to work.

I'm out of the house at the moment, but I'll see if I can get a shot of it when I get home. It will have to be a cell phone shot since my camera is MIA

I emailed my niece about the pants and she found them in Fresno.
Just needs the band at the bottom and wrappings.

On a note about the band at the bottom.
It appears to possibly be a flap opening. (?)
I spotted a small open area right above the band in the VF speeder Bike pix.
It's where the band is seamed and the wrappings attached.

Sadly I cannot confirm this yet in the C7 pix that I have.

Yeah.
I'll ask for permission to post the pix she sent to me.

I didn't find them on their website, at least not in the color she found.

Alright, here's the pix.
She will take some more.
pants.jpg

She also wrote this.
I think there would be more than enough material for the band at the bottom. When I tried them on the pant length was down to the floor. I also got a pair of leggings (exact color as pants) that could be worn under the pants, since the material is a bit thin. Its 100% rayon material.

Well, there you go.
If nothing else they could be used as a template if you want them in silk.

Last edited:
More pix.
These are reduced in size so if anyone needs larger images let me know.

pants 2.jpg

For color it all depends on what photos you are using for reference, color processing, your monitor settings and the lighting they are taken under.
Many of the pictures look taupe where others look grey.

The color of fabric changes dramatically with the lighting it's under. (Indy's shirt is a prime example)
I have shirts that will change from yellow to brown then green depending on the light.

Last edited:
Can you post a close up of the tag?

--nevermind got imsge to load lol

Now here is a million dollar question.... how is the sizing? Does it seem to run big or run small? Since its a juniors store I figure they only have juniors sizes.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back