Subscribe
    From
    San Pedro, California
    Jun 10, 2015, 11:12 AM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #251

Goggles-I considered cutting down one of my buckets, but decided to just make the shape out of sintra and attach the lenses. Just waiting on the plastic to arrive.
  2. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Jun 10, 2015, 3:20 PM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #252

theoddpassenger said: View Post
    I'm pretty sure these are those pants on their website if people are interested:

http://www.forever21.com/Product/Pro...6503&VariantID=
    I did try these ones but found them to be a little pinkish and overly textured up close.

The pants I found at Forever 21 were a little different.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender 9.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	487903

They're nice because they don't have obvious pockets or trim, but a little dark perhaps? Depends if you read her costume as being taupe or tan.

But they flow very nicely and feel right. I am having a hard time finding them on the site though... the tag says "Pant - Long Wove - Cocoa" and the barcode is 49258717041
  3. Member Since
    May 2015
    From
    Central Florida
    Jun 11, 2015, 12:46 AM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #253

division 6 said: View Post
    You only need the lenses not the face plate.
    Her goggles are just the lenses sandwiched in a fabric holder, leather on the outside, fabric on the inside.

For a budget build you can just use glasses.
    It looks like there's more to it than the fabric/leather layers - it doesn't look totally flexible. A set of lenses isn't too expensive, so I will probably order some and do some experimenting to see what works best.

sandworm7 said: View Post
    Goggles-I considered cutting down one of my buckets, but decided to just make the shape out of sintra and attach the lenses. Just waiting on the plastic to arrive.
    I had thought about cutting this section out of like, a cheapo commercially available costume helmet/mask, but I don't think it would look very good. I have a couple small 8.5x11 sintra pieces that were bought for a different project that didn't end up getting used... Might be a good base to attach the lenses and fabrics to. I didn't even think about digging that stuff out. Thanks for the reminder.
    From
    San Pedro, California
    Jun 11, 2015, 8:19 PM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #254

Staff Sling- This is what I found today, samples inbound. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sling Original.png 
Views:	754 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	488358Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sling Source.png 
Views:	757 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	488360 I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for posting their pics.

Update: the sling arrived, alas too thin and short.
    It needs to be about 2" wide and 44"-50" long, light olivedrab. I ordered a cloth belt, will update when it arrives.
    Last edited by sandworm7; Jun 17, 2015 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Wrong size sling
  5. Member Since
    May 2015
    Jun 11, 2015, 9:21 PM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #255

I've ordered some swatches for boot material. I'll keep you guys updated
    also good call on the bearpaw boots. they look pretty close to what I was wearing at CVII.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Boots-/53557...l&rt=nc&_dmd=1
    Last edited by Delaana Terallo; Jun 12, 2015 at 2:27 AM.
  6. Member Since
    Nov 2013
    From
    Northern Virginia
    Jun 12, 2015, 2:32 PM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #256

theladylexy said: View Post
    I did try these ones but found them to be a little pinkish and overly textured up close.

The pants I found at Forever 21 were a little different.

Name:	FullSizeRender 9.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	487903

They're nice because they don't have obvious pockets or trim, but a little dark perhaps? Depends if you read her costume as being taupe or tan.

But they flow very nicely and feel right. I am having a hard time finding them on the site though... the tag says "Pant - Long Wove - Cocoa" and the barcode is 49258717041
    I think those are these pants which are sold out online right now (correct price & color):

http://www.forever21.com/Product/Pro...tID=2049258717
  7. Valar Morghulis RPF Premium Member kristen jones's Avatar
    From
    Flint, MI.
    Jun 12, 2015, 3:41 PM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #257

Jun 13, 2015, 9:26 AM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #258

Oo, good find Kristenhenry70! I might have to look at that for my "everyday cosplay" version of Rey. (As I'm going to be the nut to do not one, but TWO version of Rey. One for as-accurate-as-possible cosplay and the other for an everyday outfit to wear. Because that's how I roll.)
  9. Valar Morghulis RPF Premium Member kristen jones's Avatar
    From
    Flint, MI.
    Jun 13, 2015, 9:58 AM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #259

I bought a pair too.. they should show up in a few days. I'm totally going to Harem them out though... but yea. I would do an everyday of this costume too :-D
  10. Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Jun 13, 2015, 3:19 PM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #260

sandworm7 said: View Post
    Staff Sling- This is what I found today, samples inbound. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sling Original.png 
Views:	754 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	488358Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sling Source.png 
Views:	757 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	488360 I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for posting their pics. I was actually at C7 for four days and completely missed the costume exhibit!
    I'm currently doing a budget home depot build of the staff and this is super helpful thanks!
    Here's a photo of what I've got so far, I'll post more pictures when it gets father along.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	staff progress.jpg 
Views:	680 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	488986
    I have a breakdown of all the parts if anyone is interested

This thread has been so helpful, thanks everyone!
  11. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Jun 13, 2015, 9:03 PM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #261

jconnolly505 said: View Post
    I'm currently doing a budget home depot build of the staff and this is super helpful thanks!
    Here's a photo of what I've got so far, I'll post more pictures when it gets father along.Click image for larger version. 

Yes please on a breakdown. Im planning on that too
    Jun 13, 2015, 11:30 PM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #262

Kristenhenry70 - Oh yessss, let me know how that goes. If it goes well for you, I might bat my eyelashes your way for help on how to do my own pants as well.
  13. Member Since
    Nov 2013
    From
    Northern Virginia
    Jun 14, 2015, 1:10 PM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #263

jconnolly505 said: View Post

I would love a breakdown of the parts! I'm doing the same and what you have so far looks great.

Also great call on those pants theladylexy. I grabbed the last small pair that my local store had.
    From
    San Pedro, California
    Jun 15, 2015, 10:03 PM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #264

Looks great! I ran by HD and found that the 15/16" ID, 1/8" wide, o-ring works well. What did you use for the thicker end rings? I would also like to see your parts list.
  15. RPF Premium Member The Full Armor's Avatar
    From
    Shawnee, OK
    Jun 16, 2015, 4:45 AM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #265

Hey guys! Found this thread today. Amazing stuff here.

I believe that the goggle "greeblies" look a lot like ski boot/dirt bike boot buckles.

Name:	fulltilt_1415_top-aluminum.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	489955
    Obviously not these ones specifically, but maybe someone will eventually find something searching around. Happy hunting! :P
  16. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Jun 16, 2015, 9:03 AM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #266

The Full Armor said: View Post
    Hey guys! Found this thread today. Amazing stuff here.

I believe that the goggle "greeblies" look a lot like ski boot/dirt bike boot buckles.

Name:	fulltilt_1415_top-aluminum.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	489955
    Obviously not these ones specifically, but maybe someone will eventually find something searching around. Happy hunting! :P
    Those might work. I posted an image earlier on of a u-bolt that looked pretty close too. I will have to compare prices and an images to see what would work best. Thanks for the additional idea to look at for that.
  17. Member Since
    May 2015
    Jun 16, 2015, 7:11 PM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #267

So ive been hunting around for the perfect sling and found these. and I cant post it... heres the website instead
    http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/armyw...,%20Litter.htm

comes two to a set. Mira you're pretty close to me if you want the other one
    From
    San Pedro, California
    Jun 17, 2015, 9:29 PM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #268

The sole pattern looks like a cantelope skin. Strange coincidence, check one out.
  19. Valar Morghulis RPF Premium Member kristen jones's Avatar
    From
    Flint, MI.
    Jun 18, 2015, 2:52 PM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #269

Delaana Terallo said: View Post
    So ive been hunting around for the perfect sling and found these. and I cant post it... heres the website instead
    http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/armyw...,%20Litter.htm

comes two to a set. Mira you're pretty close to me if you want the other one
    Those don't have the right kind of hooks at all. The hooks on the screen used ones are more rounded. See SANDWORM's post above... he's got it pretty much nailed.
  20. Member Since
    May 2015
    Jun 18, 2015, 2:56 PM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #270

Yup I realize that. I'm removing the clips and bought appropriate ones
  21. Member Since
    Mar 2013
    Jun 20, 2015, 11:34 PM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #271

So, I made some pants from raw silk, but I haven't finished the cuffs on the bottom because I can't for the life of me figure out the wrappings. Anyone have any guesses?
    From
    Central Ca
    Jun 21, 2015, 6:00 AM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #272

The only thing I can tell is that they are attached at the seam on the outside of the legs, they are hand stitched and appear to be spliced together for length,
    The cuff itself may actually have a tab at the seam since you can see an opening just above it on both legs.

I posted a picture in post 232.
  23. RPF Premium Member
    Jun 21, 2015, 11:15 AM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #273

For my costume I used a mildly stretchy gauze. It keeps it on my legs when wrapped around

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    From
    Central Ca
    Jun 22, 2015, 5:52 PM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #274

So a few minutes ago while looking to see if any new reference pix have popped up I find a thread on the RL where pix I posted here have been re-posted.

Anyway someone over there was told by someone working at the exhibit that the head wrap is nothing more than a long sleeve t-shirt.
    If you got a large enough one it may work with a little tweaking.
  25. Valar Morghulis RPF Premium Member kristen jones's Avatar
    From
    Flint, MI.
    Jun 23, 2015, 10:09 AM - Re: Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!) #275

Hmmm.... that makes good sense. the sleeves are what forms the twists around the crown and the body of the shirt covers the face and neck.