Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

Wow..that looks really accurate!:):thumbsup
Do you have a tutorial for the fightstick?I think its a great props to have...the rubies one is a lot too small.

You nailed it, Kristen... and I will def be showcasing your amazing staff on my page/threads going forward, with your permission~?

~JJ

So I've got my Full Scavenger about 85% done... all I'm missing at this point is the backpack and shoulder pad

wow! that is some fantastic work, you should be very proud of everything you have made.

I am really interested in the shoulder pad construction.

For your head wrap did you only use pearl grey dye on it, or something else? I think we will be ordering the dharma fabric for it soon.

wow! that is some fantastic work, you should be very proud of everything you have made.

I am really interested in the shoulder pad construction.

For your head wrap did you only use pearl grey dye on it, or something else? I think we will be ordering the dharma fabric for it soon.

I'm not at all sure what i'm going to use for the shoulder pad... i was thinking one of those hand woven or tied floor mats possibly...? I was looking in target yesterday and saw some possibilities...colour doesn't mater as I can always paint it. It's more that random texture that I want, and the capacity for it to fray along the rough edges that I'm looking for.

I didn't use any grey dye for any of my outfit. My secret weapon is TAUPE... which as we all know is a tan/grey mix, with a touch of purple. What I did for the head wrap was to mix up about 3 gals of hot water in the sink and dumped in about 1/4 of the bottle of liquid RIT Taupe. I swished it around for several minutes, until the colour was a bit darker than I actually wanted. then i just took it out, rinsed it with cold, wrung it out and tossed it in the dryer.

Now I *did* dye it twice. the first time it came out lighter than I wanted, so i just repeated the process a second time to get a bit grittier look.

I started a mock-up of the shoulder pad. The fabric is just a placeholder... just working out the shape. but I've got the webbing bits sorted and sewn, so once I find the right material to make the pad out of, I should be in business...

12788193_10208252518726970_1374423220_n.jpg12788116_10208252518846973_515812246_n.jpg12784513_10208252518886974_1853223068_n.jpg12782139_10208252508726720_789188565_n.jpg12767562_10208252519086979_34421771_n.jpg

Last edited:
So I've got my Full Scavenger about 85% done... all I'm missing at this point is the backpack and shoulder pad. Once I have those I will be submitting my Rey for Rebel Legion Approval.

Here's a sneak peak at my (planned) submission photos:
What an amazing work you've done with the staff! You really made it justice, and as the 3D designer I'd like to thank you very much for bringing my computer work to life like that.

thanks.... based on experiences some of my friends have had recently, I've a feeling i will need it. :unsure
just saw a discussion on RL forum where a judge was saying the belt was 2 pieces and people had to put a fake seam on it if they made it from 1 piece.

I like the look of those gloves from ebay but im concerned about them not being made from real leather.

I may try and get my friend in Cali to see if they can find that viscose fabric...save my wallet from the stuff from the UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back