TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

What's the consensus on the brass pins? Does the TFA saber have the early smooth pins or the later stepped version common in replicas?

Last edited:
I know the max box has been in question before. But I strongly believe the max box and wired saber are the same saber.

So I'm figuring the max box saber has the brass eye as well

Or at least that's what I hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, i think the wired saber is indeed the Maz saber.
I also think theres an fx shot floating around of Maz holding the same saber which also shows the brass eye.

this one?
9.jpg

This saber has the best of all 3 versions IMO. I love the original ANH, but I really like the grips and card on TFA. Not the biggest fan on the 2nd red button, or the missing beer tab on ESB, but this TFA version brings the ANH and ESB together. Part of me has been holding out to see if I can get a real graflex so I can make my romans graflex a TFA. Then I would sell my 2.0

It had seven grips, but they were attached to a bottom drilled for 6. You can see the holes in some pictures. A lot of people think it could have been from an ESB saber that was later dressed up as a dueling stunt for ROTJ.

yep! and that snow saber has a few wonky grips that are misshapen, suggesting they may have cast track at the correct length in resin and really did a bad job :lol

and the glass eye being lathed down kind of....i like it. its something unique to the TFA saber that wasn't on the others.

i think your right, i thought one saber used all tamper proof screws. but graflex bank only has 1 launch bay saber and that saber has the star screws

Hmm, so the 2 are different for sure? I had not taken this into account

Mind pinging me if it turns out they use different screws so I can update the Graflex Bank? :)

Disneyland's Launch Bay has more traditional Torx or hex heads, with a darker hole, the Disneyworld Launchybay has shallower star shaped screws of some sort, much like the Visual Dictionary version. I can post pics when I get of bed and get to my computer :)

Disneyland's Launch Bay has more traditional Torx or hex heads, with a darker hole, the Disneyworld Launchybay has shallower star shaped screws of some sort, much like the Visual Dictionary version. I can post pics when I get of bed and get to my computer :)

Oh boy, I guess now I get to figure out which is which in the gallery and label them accordingly! Looking at them now, there's one sideways, one standing up and one angled... Are there 3 or was one moved at some point?

By the way, I've been meaning to ask - would a thread on the RPF sourcing information for the Graflex Bank be okay? I'm still pretty new on here, and there's lots of information I want to add that I haven't been able to find yet.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back