TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Is it me or is the clamp covered with chrome tape?

In one of the video interviews with Roger Christian that was posted earlier, he said he put tape over the clamp. Maybe the ANH did have tape on it at least at some point during production?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By popular request, I now have TFA clamp covers available with crisp, laser cut grooves!

clamp-cover-cut.jpg clamp-cover-2-types.jpg

They are available in my webshop: http://wannawanga.com/products/tfa-clamp-cover/

i personally didn't think there was a single thing wrong with Roys V1 clamp covers.

but any new parts Roy comes out with i have to snag up, his stuff is a work of art!

Well to quote the ultimate jedi grandmaster G - L : 'Don't make it real ... make it believable!'

Whereas many G R A F L E X flashguns were converted for TFA, both clamp covers should
suffice . . . yet now young padawans, you have an additional choice : crisp vs. embossed :)

Chaïm

This thread is amazing and I'm slowly but surely getting my TFA vintage graflex saber together... What's the current opinion of the most accurate clamp card / edge connector available at the moment?

This thread is amazing and I'm slowly but surely getting my TFA vintage graflex saber together... What's the current opinion of the most accurate clamp card / edge connector available at the moment?

It depends on which version you want. Roy has both the Disney Launch Bay version and the Screen accurate clear version. I got mine from him and I am very happy with it, and now I just need a Graflex lol. Sloth furnace has some clamp cards as well. I think his soldering/gold detail is better, but the plastic is not as clear and therefore not as accurate. If he makes them in better plastic in the future that would be your best bet, but for now, wanna wanga all the way.

Hey guys, i was keeping up with this thread for some time awhile ago but missed quite a bit over the last couple of months.

Anyhow, i was just wondering if there was anu consensus regarding the grip screws/rivets on the screen used saber?

I took a ride over to Disney's launch bay over the weekend and I can definitely confirm that the saber on display does have the star shaped slot screws...but dont know if this translates to the screen used saber as well.
2889AB52-F59B-441D-8BDD-21841E5A7E2E_zpsm4xrxfvu.png

15C964B4-581A-4590-A47F-492B7DFEC2CD_zpsswwlwqvm.png

86618013-F509-46FC-A048-4B76E2EF5717_zpsku2qbkix.png

I personally think the Mas saber has the screws.
I see the facets and there is no dark spot in the middle where the rivet post would fall out once flattened.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back