TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

I obtained the Kobold ring separately like all the other parts. So it wasn't there originally.
From what I can recall, I think the glass eye was already replaced with a red button.

Can you elaborate on what you mean or are alluding to?

Thanks,
-J

So totally random but still relevant... I was in the Virginia State Police Museum today and found this old camera they used back in the day. I thought it was pretty cool. Too bad they wouldn't let me have it...
IMG_20180125_122629.jpgIMG_20180125_122708.jpg

I obtained the Kobold ring separately like all the other parts. So it wasn't there originally.
From what I can recall, I think the glass eye was already replaced with a red button.

Can you elaborate on what you mean or are alluding to?

Thanks,
-J

The way you worded it made it sound as if you got your Graflex from Lucasfilm directly. He was referring to the only one from the movies they still have.

Ah, I see. No I didn't acquire it directly from LucasFilm. I was just an employee.
Got some expert advice as to where to look and what to buy.

Thanks!

Last edited:
So totally random but still relevant... I was in the Virginia State Police Museum today and found this old camera they used back in the day. I thought it was pretty cool. Too bad they wouldn't let me have it...
Did you at least tell them the reflector was on backwards? :facepalm

Did you at least tell them the reflector was on backwards? :facepalm
Haha, no. Whoever set that display up was probably not even alive when that was in use and just found it in storage. I'm sure it was quickly pieced together for the display. I should let them know.

I made a joke that included a certain lyric NWA is famous for in the context of putting one over on the police and somebody with delicate sensibilities reported me. I apologize for any confusion I caused.

That is totally ridiculous - you were obviously joking - what a total a**hole for reporting anything. Really sorry to hear this :(

I made a joke that included a certain lyric NWA is famous for in the context of putting one over on the police and somebody with delicate sensibilities reported me. I apologize for any confusion I caused.

wow... cant take a joke

And a washer too! (beneath the Glass Eye)

I have been studying this new glass eye now for a few weeks

I seriously think the TLJ graflex’s are new custom jobs, and not even vintages

Even the clamp covers look a different color then the TFA graflex

Where we see this “washer” we should be seeing threading on a vintage eye

I would like to hear more from the veterans on this site on what the think of this flash, if it’s a real vintage or not

Even the coating, check out how shiny it is.. you can see a reflection in it

If this was a custom job it would explain the glasseye

This glass eye has really been bothering me lol

I need to know!!!

Even the clamp covers look a different color then the TFA graflex

I was thinking the same thing!

It's either: a wierd photographic artifact, a polished brass cover, or maybe they got all fancy and had it plated in Titanium Nitride.

Whether it's a GRAFLEX or a replica is difficult to determine by this screengrab alone.

Where's the video by the way?

I'm quite convinced it's a vintage. Maybe they had it replated or coated.

I'm not sure if there's a ring underneath the glass eye. There might be.

The clamp cover color is exactly like my stainless steel replicas. It was already clear from the 2015 Wired picture. To me, it looks like the same color. Maybe it's the fluorescent lighting.

Roy

The leads on that clamp card really do look like foil though... or something just super bright.

Also, despite what PropShop thought, this saber is perfectly clean, not weathered.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back