TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

A) Logically I can't see why some would have rivets and others screws. I'd think there'd be some organized assembly protocol in the prop dept?
B) I see the hex hole, but I also think it's a trick of the light. The domes of the fasteners don't appear tall enough for STANDARD hex screws.
C) BUT there were those weird flat hex screws used in the Launch Bay sabers. They seem to be a weird, oddball item, but...I wonder if it's something like this: http://www.theinsertcompany.com/flathead_connector_bolts_stainless.php

f682b0d81219df8cae03fd294fc30cd1.jpg

Aha! I see a clamp cover on his workbench!

Roy
www.wannawanga.com

I can see a hex outline in the top rivet in that pic as well--not just the middle--and possibly the bottom. The odds of a "trick of the light" causing a round hole to look, not just like something else, but very much like the other suspected fastener type, and occur not just in one spot but affect the appearance of several fasteners that are attached in a curved plane...I mean, what are the odds of that?

Last edited:
Incredible! Why don't you invite your contact to this thread, so he (or she?) can answer a bazillion questions?!! :)

I really do wish I could. But two things prevent it:

1) they are currently working on the production of the new films, so they're quite busy
2) they are currently working on the production of the new films, so it could cost them their job

I really, really wish I could share more details or proof but it's an amazing opportunity to be able to work on the props and vehicles for these new movies and I don't want to risk costing anyone that kind of opportunity (or their livelihood).

Of course, no one need believe me! I know I'm just a relative newcomer (especially to Star Wars stuff) shooting my mouth off on the internet. I just wanted to add in my two cents and others are welcome to accept or ignore it as they see fit :)

A) Logically I can't see why some would have rivets and others screws. I'd think there'd be some organized assembly protocol in the prop dept?
B) I see the hex hole, but I also think it's a trick of the light. The domes of the fasteners don't appear tall enough for STANDARD hex screws.
C) BUT there were those weird flat hex screws used in the Launch Bay sabers. They seem to be a weird, oddball item, but...I wonder if it's something like this: http://www.theinsertcompany.com/flathead_connector_bolts_stainless.php

You are assuming that the people responsible for said props and giving them the "ok" are as logical thinking and as caring about such details as most of the people posting in this thread. Everything we have seen so far shows that they are not, lol.

That's a cool looking screw head and I think a similar head may be what is on the grip screws on the Maz chest saber... if it isn't rivets that is.

Last edited:
lol you know what i love, for how many months have we been dying for the bluray to finally answer questions? bluray is released and we are STILL arguing over rivets vs screws (hex screws now) lol this has to be a RPF tradition

I'm probably going to stick with rivets, this is like the whole, the dress is blue not green thing awhile back lol

love that work bench pic roy!

so I'm sitting here staring at the workbench picture roy posted and i just keep thinking... who is the guy and in the picture and does he know of therpf?! could you imagine if we could find him!?

so I'm sitting here staring at the workbench picture roy posted and i just keep thinking... who is the guy and in the picture and does he know of therpf?! could you imagine if we could find him!?

10 bucks says he's on the RPF already

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back