TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

have we determined yet what rivets to use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So for sure the wired.com photos and the one on display at Disney are different sabers, the Wired one has the brass looking clamp and has a smoothed off glass eye.

Maybe it's a stunt GRAFLEX, that would explain the knurling not being there.

So for sure the wired.com photos and the one on display at Disney are different sabers, the Wired one has the brass looking clamp and has a smoothed off glass eye.

Yep, even the grips are different with the ones seen in the Fathead poster being very square and symmetrical as for the Disney ones, the middle fin is more broad from below like Gino's and Roy's grips, and the Hex Screw/Rivet dilemma.

With the golden clamp, squared grips, and non-knurled glass eye, seems like the Wired/Visual Dictonary photos are of the hero, yeah?

From what I can tell, I need to make a new clampcard layout with slightly thinner traces on the right side of the rounded thick traces for a TFA clampcard. Here's a question, what should go on the other side? Anything?

My ROTJ V2 cards have the ESB squared trace layout on the other side. I suppose I could just not put anything on the opposite side of the TFA card...

Assuming those photos are legit, I could have a batch of TFA cards ready within 3 weeks or so.

Do we think they're all gold? or do we see any silver traces on there?

From what I can tell, I need to make a new clampcard layout with slightly thinner traces on the right side of the rounded thick traces for a TFA clampcard. Here's a question, what should go on the other side? Anything?

My ROTJ V2 cards have the ESB squared trace layout on the other side. I suppose I could just not put anything on the opposite side of the TFA card...

Assuming those photos are legit, I could have a batch of TFA cards ready within 3 weeks or so.

I'd say do the ESB again. Convenient for those who might want to swap parts around every once in a while :)

Considering this, I wouldnt put anything on the opposite side, you'd see through it.

The fiberglass substrate my cards are made with also is slightly translucent such as that photo, and from what I can tell, the thin traces are silvered. Not a big deal, just things to note.

If I do put anything on the back, it will be the rounded ESB with thin trace version, I'll have t o find good shots of that. If, in fact, the ESB rounded layout is identical to the TFA rounded layout, then I'll not put anything on the back, and the same card can be used for both saber builds.

TFA one side. ESB on the other

Has anyone ordered a blade socket from the graflex shop recently? I placed an order on their site but haven't gotten a confirmation and they haven't responded to any emails.

you can put me down for 2 cards! ;)

This was just posted on Twitter via the official Star Wars account

EpVIIIsaber.jpg

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/667477488021409792

Yeah its only concept art, but I thought it was pretty interesting if not necessarily aesthetically pleasing.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back