TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Does anyone also notice the very faint lightblue embossed 'F' in the highlighted picture I posted? In PS it even seems as if I can make out the 'A' and 'R' from the G R A F L E X name ... also compared with a real clamp (put upside down in a 3 Cell) looking at the clamp holes the 'F' seems to be in the exact same position ... what bugs me is that the 'F' is not exactly dead in center between the lines, as it is on my vintage clamp :wacko

Chaim

Does anyone also notice the very faint lightblue embossed 'F' in the highlighted picture I posted? In PS it even seems as if I can make out the 'A' and 'R' from the G R A F L E X name ... also compared with a real clamp (put upside down in a 3 Cell) looking at the clamp holes the 'F' seems to be in the exact same position ... what bugs me is that the 'F' is not exactly dead in center between the lines, as it is on my vintage clamp :wacko

Chaim

I missed something, going back now to re read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think this is what I'm going to use for making my saber, to me THIS is the hero shot of the movie, and the version that I would want to replicate. I think that clamp wrap is way more reflective than the FX clamp, you can see its almost mirroring the cloth underneath it. And is that a book in the back of the box? Obi-wan's diary! lol

Lightened up:
attachment.png

Chaim

I can totally see an embossed "G" with my naked eyes in the pic you posted. On the left side of the clamp, centered between the lines, lines up with the end of the lines. Right where you would expect the "G" to be. Either we have eagle eyes or we're both going crazy...!

Last edited:
Yeah I think this is what I'm going to use for making my saber, to me THIS is the hero shot of the movie, and the version that I would want to replicate. I think that clamp wrap is way more reflective than the FX clamp, you can see its almost mirroring the cloth underneath it. And is that a book in the back of the box? Obi-wan's diary! lol

Lightened up:
View attachment 606881

I agree. This is what I plan to replicate as well. We just need to nail down screws vs rivets and the t-track profile.

I can totally see an embossed "G" with my naked eyes in the pic you posted. On the left side of the clamp, centered between the lines, lines up with the end of the lines. Right where you would expect the "G" to be. Either we have eagle eyes or we're both going crazy...!

I know ... however on a real vintage clamp the 'G' should lign up with those rectangular holes ... not starting somewhere between the lines :wacko

Chaim

I know ... however on a real vintage clamp the 'G' should lign up with those rectangular holes ... not starting somewhere between the lines :wacko

Chaim

Exactly, but there are replica clamps where the G starts between the lines. I should have said where you would expect the G to be on some replica clamps.

Is it just me or is this a classic case of Star Wars reverse footage? Because that is the clamp lever I am seeing there right? But it should be on the other side shouldn't it?

In this case the film is not reversed, the clamp is, and while the clamp lever is facing toward the pommel which is correct it's facing opposite the way it normally would if the clamp was not backwards.

I agree. This is what I plan to replicate as well. We just need to nail down screws vs rivets and the t-track profile.

I *think* the t-tracks used for the hero saber are the ones that we're used to as opposed to the lower ridged ones that are on display in Disneyland/world...

Take a look at the very bottom t-track and it's profile... much taller than the t-tracks on the display sabers...

So they put the clamp lever on the opposite side then? I assume so then otherwise the clamp section would have had to have been on upside down but then that would make the lever be upside down too. A guy could get lost in all the prop variances in just one film alone lol

So they put the clamp lever on the opposite side then? I assume so then otherwise the clamp section would have had to have been on upside down but then that would make the lever be upside down too. A guy could get lost in all the prop variances in just one film alone lol

Not necessarily... it also depends on what they did with the sidebars... they could have flipped the clamp when they were putting everything together but kept the sidebars and clamp lever in the "correct" position.

There's really no way for me not to be an ass about this other than remaining silent but I'm not gonna do that. Yeah, grips going all the way to the bottom end cap in the snow close-up... as I vehemently stated all along. *does the Chandler Bing happy dance like the ass I am* ;)

True, but the hero prop still has short grips :)

I think that weird clamp-thing Rey is holding is a regular, lighted blade Graflex, with a thin foam covering the Graflex for comfort. It looks like it goes from above the grips, over the clamp, and up to where the glass eye and button are.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back