TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

wow!! thanks for sharing, i never even thought of looking!!! I'm going to have to get my mini screw out of my gerbil box paint it black and put it on my ESB edition saber

mate, if only it were that simple :lol

The original mini screw is too big! I had to look for a tiny tiny machine screw online! It still looks a bit too tall (could only get cheese head in that small a size). Good luck!

The original mini screw is too big! I had to look for a tiny tiny machine screw online! It still looks a bit too tall (could only get cheese head in that small a size). Good luck!

its never easy isn't it! LOL

I saw it in omnimax. The saber in the snow scene has grips to the bottom for sure. There is a gap at the top as well. Halliwax your not crazy. I believe it's also full length at the Luke scene. I'm gonna call it Rey's hero saber, and the hero in maz kanatas box Finns hero. Btw the film just keeps getting better imho.

Last edited:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5572/18870129105_3080e8a895_b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

They've just been reusing the ESB luke figure's saber, I think the ANH luke also comes with this saber.

Has anyone checked Graflex "focus scale" screws? There's a set on eBay right now and they appear small, black, and very low profile. Would make sense that they scavenged other Graflex parts to patch up the flash.

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

Has anyone checked Graflex "focus scale" screws? There's a set on eBay right now and they appear small, black, and very low profile. Would make sense that they scavenged other Graflex parts to patch up the flash.

View attachment 569994 View attachment 569995

are you an angel?

The screw I have currently was a dead stock vintage screw, I thought I was the sh#t. I see now, I have so much further to go and will claim more glory by getting a vintage graflex screw to replace it :lol

I need to be careful I don't become a screw collector... that would be devastating, I'm still in my 20s

Sorry for the off-topic, it's all part of the graflex family though :lol

Can you imagine if the episode 8, and 9 (if it survives) saber is slightly different? Bad day for completionists.

Last edited:

Spoiler Free
I'll have to say, it made a mountain of difference using the real flash for this movie. The way it was handled...the materials being caught on camera (brass, nickel, etc.) I could tell immediately.

A few pages back Dr Tayln suggested the clamp wrap might be from the FX saber. I think he is right. I dissembled an FX Luke ANH saber I have, removed the clamp and it wrapped around the original with no issues.

Attachments

• IMG_0722.JPG
    IMG_0722.JPG
    755 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0721.JPG
    IMG_0721.JPG
    802.9 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0720.JPG
    IMG_0720.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0719.JPG
    IMG_0719.JPG
    921.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0718.JPG
    IMG_0718.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    946.1 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0723.JPG
    IMG_0723.JPG
    993.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0724.JPG
    IMG_0724.JPG
    948.6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

Oh man, it has the same darker finish that we saw on display, nice work! (why kitbash MR products for props...)

Nice! Thanks for doing that, I didn't have the heart to take mine apart. So the square holes and everything lines up right? It still seems a little too thick, but maybe not.

Which model did that clamp come from? Hasbro, MR, ANH, ESB? Mine doesn't seem to have that goldish color. Mine is the Hasbro Signaturw ANH with removable blade.

Crazy idea here, and this might be a bit too thick, but could the clamp wrap have come from the Hasbro fx saber? It's already got the engraved lines and would be just a little too big for the original clamp, so it's easy to trim to size. Not sure if the square cutouts match up though.
View attachment 566581View attachment 566582View attachment 566583

Last edited:

Hmm. Who wants to do a run of larger 'outer clamps' for TFA builds lol?

Let's not be too hasty. Has this been proven to be on the movie saber and not just the ones that Disney had on display? If so, was it in all shots or only some?

Oh and on the pic below, is it possible that this is a small latching slide switch (for applying power to the internal electronics for lighting up the blade and whatnot) instead of a black screw?

18870129105_3080e8a895_b.jpg

Last edited:

Hehe, yea.

The Wired Graflex definitely has the mystery wrap though.

I'm also pretty sure the 'Box' saber has the 'wrap' as well

A few pages back Dr Tayln suggested the clamp wrap might be from the FX saber. I think he is right. I dissembled an FX Luke ANH saber I have, removed the clamp and it wrapped around the original with no issues.

Congrats! That sure looks VERY close to what we've seen!
I have an Hasbro FX with removable blade and I'll check how close that one is.

Hmm. Who wants to do a run of larger 'outer clamps' for TFA builds lol?

I'm already investigating this :D
I hope to be able to be offering those soon!

Roy

Those are pictures of the graflex in Empire Strikes Back, which never used electronic lightsabers.

Whoops. For some reason I thought that was Finn from TFA product ads/promo pics. I'm just not paying enough attention.

Dr Talyn I used a MR Luke ANH FX lightsaber. I did not have to modify anything, the square holes and everything lined up.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back