TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

Question- dont know ifnits been discussed, may have missed it in the 50+ pages-

Whats the consensus on the screw that holds the clamp on to the body of the saber. The one that goes in that long slot.
Is it there on the film saber or not.

Also, another poster made a TFA saber here and said they used tape to cover the graflex logo and they made the lines with their fingernails. That finish looks great, what kind of tape is that?

I've never seen it present on any of the film Graflexes.

Whats the consensus on the screw that holds the clamp on to the body of the saber. The one that goes in that long slot.
Is it there on the film saber or not.

That screw is most likely not present since the clamp is completely covered with the much discussed sheet or foil. Only the square holes and the grooves are left visible.

Are you thinking of the Parks looking saber from the ESPN special?

Pretty sure none of the TFA screen used had this.

I've never seen it present on any of the film Graflexes.

The esb has what looks like a small black screw there during the Bespin corridor scene and some of the promo shots. Didn't see it in tfa though!

The esb has what looks like a small black screw there during the Bespin corridor scene and some of the promo shots. Didn't see it in tfa though!

i never noticed the black screw, i gotta keep a eye out next time

This is the Hot toys saber. I know it's not screen used but they usually get really great reference photos. Grips to the bottom not top. sigh...
also has incorrect hardware T-Track cutout.

It's weird they added the second button too...

That's 'cuz this is the Luke ESB lightsaber... to the best of my knowledge they haven't released a TFA figure with the lightsaber yet....

Edit:

My bad... yes they have... I didn't realize they had released the Fin figure with it...

It looks like all they did was re-purpose the lightsaber from their Luke ESB... I have it and it's identical...

Keep an eye out for the scene where Rey actually ignites the saber during the beginning of her battle with Kylo Ren. As you see the saber ignite the actual prop is one we haven't seen before. It looks to be a machined saber with grooves meant to mirror the ones you would see on the graflex clamp. It's an interesting choice as the shots where you see Finn ignite the saber show the hero prop. I'm not really sure what to make of this besides the fact that they may just not have been careful with what props they decided to use in the final cut?

Perhaps after much handling, the cuff of the bunny ears was too free and wobbly? So they wanted a wobble-proof Graflex type saber.

I've had a couple of wobbly Graflexes like that before. Is there a perfect solution to this problem (sorry if this is a derail question)?

i never noticed the black screw, i gotta keep a eye out next time

18870129105_3080e8a895_b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This is the Hot toys saber. I know it's not screen used but they usually get really great reference photos. Grips to the bottom not top. sigh...
also has incorrect hardware T-Track cutout.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/...hot 2015-12-25 at 11.30.46 AM_zpshzecawtg.png

They've just been reusing the ESB luke figure's saber, I think the ANH luke also comes with this saber.

I think that Hot Toys Finn just came out yesterday ... I know this because I've been lurking their site this past week. I've been fighting the urge to get that ANH Luke figure .......

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back