TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

As predicted prices are getting absolutely ridiculous. If I had a spare Graflex, even a replica, I'd sell it right about now.

As predicted prices are getting absolutely ridiculous. If I had a spare Graflex, even a replica, I'd sell it right about now.

Figures my luck.:facepalm

Within the last little bit, my family was given a free trip to the 1st weekend of SW Weekends ay Disney World. I had been researching the best flash replicas & decided on a Parks. The site says it'll be about 6 weeks , but that doesn't work for me, since we're leaving 3 weeks from this Wednesday. I went to the JY to do an emergency WTB thread, & someone else had beaten me to the punch, looking for the same thing.

I may just go on a bit of faith & order some parts from Roy. Keep your fingers crossed for me fellas.:thumbsup

Congrats on the trip win. I hope you find a Graflex soon.

Congrats on the trip win. I hope you find a Graflex soon.

Many thanks.

I actually didn't win it. I serve as the youth Pastor at a small church on a volunteer basis. One of the family has some time share thing down there, & knows how much I'm into SW. They were heading down the 2nd week in MAY, & as a gesture of appreciation, they're taking us down with them. I'm really humbled by the whole thing, because they say their kids think the world of me. You really never know how your life can affect others. I'm disabled, so we really haven't taken a real vacation in years, & even though my wife & daughter 'tolerate' SW, they're really looking forward to it too.

Didn't mean to derail. Thanks again for the good wishes.

The hand passing the saber looks old and spotted. I wonder if that's Leia's hand?
16577166443_78ebce01a3_o.jpg

If you freeze frame at the right moment during the pass you can see part of the character's face and I won't say anymore as I don't want to be a spoiler.

I wonder if Luke's lightsaber was recovered on Bespin, taken with Vader to the Executor, at some point moved to a different Star Destroyer that crashed on Jakku and now scavengers have found it and it's Rey on the left being given the lightsaber.

Looks like the art department was more familiar with how the ESB saber actually looked!

Haha; as much as I wanted the lightsaber to be an exact ESB replica, perhaps there's some sort of reason in the story it's been changed.

Haha; as much as I wanted the lightsaber to be an exact ESB replica, perhaps there's some sort of reason in the story it's been changed.

I would have preferred all ANH because it's my nostalgic favorite. :) But it will be curious if it's dressed at all, I kind of doubt it as no one else besides us will really notice.

Anyone have a good pic of the prop that was in Luke's hand when it was Cut off?

Wasn't it missing the ears and bottom button?

I can't remember exactly...

I would have preferred all ANH because it's my nostalgic favorite. :) But it will be curious if it's dressed at all, I kind of doubt it as no one else besides us will really notice.

I just check out eBay for graflex prices. It makes the $140 I paid awhile back for a striped out 3cell look like a deal. :lol

I'm guessing (and that's all it is) that the hybrid ANH/ESB Graflex is an intentional homage to the original films. I can't imagine that the Ep. 7 crew just winged it due to lack of information or that they couldn't acquire a 2d red button.

Well since the propsdepartment purchased more than one G R A F L E X ... plenty of red buttons to choose from I'd reckon ... so indeed this could be a homage to the IV and V lightsaber in one :) . . . also I just wondered if J.J. had some additional flashguns ordered . . . so he could take home a genuine screen-used lightsaber by the end of his involvement to cherish as a souvenir from filming The Force Awakens :wacko

Chaim

I also get the feeling the second red button was a temporary emergency fix to fill that hole. Since flashes come this way, with the glass eye, maybe JJs team is keeping it that way...pure almost. The notched grips are a more noticeable change between the OT sabers and I'm surprised and VERY happy they paid attention to that.

This is a high res image of that red blade . . . and indeed . . . it's the triple blade . . . quite clearly :wacko

So that leaves the question ... where and when will we see the purchased real vintage MPP flashgun?

Chaim

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back