TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

That's possible ... I know this group : Saberproject who indeed perform with stunt and sound fx being transmitted to a PA system to enhance the lightsaber battles ... so who knows what they did on set :wacko

Chaim

If they are using polycarbonate tubes with a 1/8" wall thickness and a 1" outer diameter then it's more than sturdy enough. I have put that stuff to rigorous testing over a 3 month time period and it held up just fine.

I Agree, there are FX sabers that have been put up for testing in heavy battle like saberforge, and they passed the test.

Maybe we are way over thinking this, now knowing it is a actual LED powered saber, this "antenna" that hangs down, could it possibly be a charging port? And maybe that is a analog plug in the jack?

The path of least resistance would be to gut an MR or Hasbro FX saber and install it in a vintage G R A F L E X (Chaim does this out of respect for the brand by the way) , while ditching the now useless speaker and 3xAA battery compartment to house the wireless setup and smaller, more efficient rechargeable battery. Easy-peasy.

Indeed ... it's all possible ... we know that those professional propmakers are mainly geeks like us (Adam Savage comes to mind) ... with a great deal of experience, knowledge and let's face it google under their belt ... so since there are so many stunt versions built with led strings, and great pieces of art such as those by Slothfurnace and Scottjua with some tutorials on the side ... even Darth Vader would say : 'All to easy ...' to come up with a movie-production version of their own that works on set. And as mentioned in this article : http://makingstarwars.net/2015/10/h...-were-filmed-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens/ it will make for interesting behind the scenes pictures of those lightsaber battles in 'The making of TFA' books and articles to come :)

Chaim

Indeed ... it's all possible ... we know that those professional propmakers are mainly geeks like us (Adam Savage comes to mind) ... with a great deal of experience, knowledge and let's face it google under their belt ... so since there are so many stunt versions built with led strings, and great pieces of art such as those by Slothfurnace and Scottjua with some tutorials on the side ... even Darth Vader would say : 'All to easy ...' to come up with a movie-production version of their own that works on set. And as mentioned in this article : http://makingstarwars.net/2015/10/h...-were-filmed-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens/ it will make for interesting behind the scenes pictures of those lightsaber battles in 'The making of TFA' books and articles to come :)

Chaim

Not being a fan of the prequels I had and will have again only a handful of props from Episodes 1-3.

90% of my entire collection is OT Star Wars.

Part of me is hoping I don't like the new movie so I won't want all the props, behinds the scenes books, etc.

If this turns out to not totally suck or is even good,....God help me if it's awesome I am in serious trouble.

Tom

Haha... Agreed !

Not being a fan of the prequels I had and will have again only a handful of props from Episodes 1-3.

Part of me is hoping I don't like the new movie so I won't want all the props, behinds the scenes books, etc.

If this turns out to not totally suck or is even good,....God help me if it's awesome I am in serious trouble.

Tom

Tom

Yeah... I wasn't going to buy ANYTHING until I see the flick, but then Kylo takes out that saber in the last shot coming at Finn, and now I'm heading out to buy something cool with Kylo Ren involved.

SUCKER.

I've become a quick fan of kylo as well... it reminds me of the whole episode 1 kick with darth maul. i was all over maul, and when i saw episode 1 for the first time and saw he was only in it for 10 minutes... heh

hopefully this is not the case with kylo!

Kylo is the new Vader.

He's not going anywhere any time soon.

not to be negative or cocky, but i believed that with maul as well. i sure hope your right, i have a feeling he will be in all 3 movies

Kylo is the new Vader.

He's not going anywhere any time soon.

But is he? Remember, Max Von Sydow was announced for the cast and he hasn't been in any of the promo materials. I think Kylo Ren might be the new Maul and Sydow the new big bad.

-Ron

So, are we pretty sure the circuit board end in the clamp has the rounded contacts/traces? I think it looks that way. Isn't that what all the screen-used ESB props had?

Nope, that one picture is over-exposed. The Ranch Saber, which is a relic of the films, has rectangular traces. we're not sure about TFA yet.

So, are we pretty sure the circuit board end in the clamp has the rounded contacts/traces? I think it looks that way. Isn't that what all the screen-used ESB props had?

It seems like it but it's not confirmed, i'm going with it anyway, I need it by dec 18th and we are probably not gonna get more images before that.

Hard to say, the ranch sabre is contemporary with the film and is rectangular. The promo shoot pics have a rounded one though.

19171443366_aeb05979da_b.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back