TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

FINN.JPGFINNa.JPG

Thought this was interesting.

I can confirm 100% ... it's a real G R A F L E X that you see laszlo ... I have known this info ever since last summer straight from member 3cell, who even asked my assistance to track down a real MPP for production ... which he finally did on his own and sold to Foodles Company Ltd. UK :)

Chaim

That's so cool that our guys here were involved in getting track to the old vintage parts. :popcorn
It is awesome that they 'honor' that OT props in the new movie. They're always SW relics and they still will be treated as such...:thumbsup

My jaw dropped for pretty much the whole trailer, but the first thing I did after I watched it through for the first time was to rewind a freeze frame on the Graflex!! Awe. Some.

:D Me, too. Man. I did the same :eek

I've just been informed by 3cell to mention that the MPP which was acquired by Foodles Company Ltd. UK was provided by our very own rpf-member sapper36 ... so all vintage flashguns used for Episode VII come from us at therpf how cool is that? . . . Though 3cell mentioned that it could be that the MPP was only scanned by the propsdepartment at Pinewood Studios UK to be made into a digital 3D version . . . however until we see it on screen can we be certain.

Quoting 3cell : 'All pieces requested had to be original vintage without modifications. I advised them about using replicas but they insisted on originals. Why they needed so many 3 cells, that I still do not know.'

Chaim

Last edited:

There's one shot of Kylo Ren where he's using a single bladed saber that looks like it has an MPP shroud. Perhaps he recovers Vader's saber at one point?

Yes ... that was my initial thought also hence this picture :

but it did not get any replies ... yet :behave

Chaim

That's not based on a Graflex or even the saber being discussed here...

I've just been informed by 3cell to mention that the MPP which was acquired by Foodles Company Ltd. UK was provided by our very own rpf-member sapper36 ... so all vintage flashguns used for Episode VII come from us at therpf how cool is that? . . . Though 3cell mentioned that it could be that the MPP was only scanned by the propsdepartment at Pinewood Studios UK to be made into a digital 3D version . . . however until we see it on screen can we be certain.

Quoting 3cell : 'All pieces requested had to be original vintage without modifications. I advised them about using replicas but they insisted on originals. Why they needed so many 3 cells, that I still do not know.'

Chaim

so now the questions are: how much care went into converting all those 3 cell so that they are consistent to one another? In short, will there be variants of the hero in the movie? Will the 3 cells be used for building the stunts? Or will the stunts be cast? Confused? You won't be after this episode of Soap.

There's one shot of Kylo Ren where he's using a single bladed saber that looks like it has an MPP shroud. Perhaps he recovers Vader's saber at one point?

Didn't Vader's saber go down the shaft of the Death Star.... Which was very soon after destroyed?

Maybe you've seen these close ups. Not sure if this is production used, or a show piece for the celebration. The mention on the label that this saber is a 3d print, makes me think that they would have scanned the graflex to make stunt sabers. I wish they would have put out the graflex. Here is my source.

http://io9.com/star-wars-costumes-and-props-reveal-new-characters-for-1698341539

Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like there is one or two MPP bottom parts build into this saber.

Chaim

That's very cool. Too cool. It seems that they know the guys who can obtain and deliver everything :lol
How many 3cells were obtained by the company?

I have no idea . . . how many were purchased . . . the first batch went straight to the UK . . . but later flashguns were send to California, then perhaps prepped there by Celestial Toymaker who, if I am well informed, is supposed to be head of the Ep. VII weapens department . . . how much care was taken in converting the flashguns, or whether some were used as stunt and others as the hero ... those questions are also on my mind lately :wacko

Chaim

I also have a special request ... to not contact member 3cell about his involvement in providing flashguns etcetera to Episode VII production ... anything related can be asked and discussed in this thread here, please ... he is going to forward any of your inquiries or questions to me anyhow :behave

Chaim

So, for my clarification, since I've been out of the Graflex loop for a bit, the things that are clear are-

Glass eye from ANH.

Grips & D-ring from ESB

Things that are not clear are-

How, or if, the lettering on the clamp is covered.

Whether or not the 'beer tab' is present.

Finally, although it indeed looks lke the connector in the clamp, we're not sure of the style.

I also thought about the lettering on the bottom of the flash. It was seen in ESB, but they may decide to cover it.

Anything else, before I start buying crap my wife says I don't need?:confused

From this screen grab it looks like a good 2 to 3mm gap between T Track and the bottom of the clamp.

- - - Updated - - -

So, for my clarification, since I've been out of the Graflex loop for a bit, the things that are clear are-

Glass eye from ANH.

Grips & D-ring from ESB

Things that are not clear are-

How, or if, the lettering on the clamp is covered.

Whether or not the 'beer tab' is present.

Finally, although it indeed looks lke the connector in the clamp, we're not sure of the style.

I also thought about the lettering on the bottom of the flash. It was seen in ESB, but they may decide to cover it.

Anything else, before I start buying crap my wife says I don't need?:confused

Although to me, it looks in no way like a SK red button, I'm not seeing enough detail to say the button is a genuine Graflex button either. Possibly smooth? I don't know why they'd choose to do that, but not high-res enough images yet that I've seen.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back