TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

Right, I wouldn't think it would be necessary to get a repro clamp when they have an abundance of originals. It's clear in the trailer, there is no strip of tape. Maybe they digitally erased the lettering in post. In the visual dictionary image, it does have a darker sheen than the rest of the flash. Maybe that is a separate hilt built for exhibition or something, and they needed the lettering covered. It does almost look like a different metal, or perhaps the entire clamp has been covered/refinished just for that hilt.

The clamp looks steel to me. Also, and this is based off of that tiny pic of the cover, it looks like there is a darker band going around the middle of the clamp, like about the width of the Ranch saber's Mylar tape, although the pic is too small to see a height difference in that area. Probably digitally altered GRAFLEX out of it for the book and other close up promo photos.

I think there is metal tape covering the ENTIRE bottom of the clamp. The sides
still look like brushed nickel.

It seems that the Graflex clamp is in the same position in every picture and trailer we saw until now.
That's something isn't it ;) :lol

If they stick to the visual dictionary tradition, a lot of the props may not be from the actual movie. That could very well be a fan made saber or some other replica.

The VD red button looks a little off, though of course at this resolution it could just be my mind playing tricks. I wouldn't put too much stock in the VD anyway--as matty matt said they always have tons of non-screen used stuff.

I helped my friend work on several pieces that ended up in the original ANH DV.
And know of others that made pieces for it.

So there is a lot of fan made items pictured.

Close up of the hilt on the Fathead poster site.
fathead poster.JPG

Yes.
At first I thought it was a screw but it's the shadow from the grip and the highlight on the bottom is a loose thread from the webbing.

Yes.
At first I thought it was a screw but it's the shadow from the grip and the highlight on the bottom is a loose thread from the webbing.
I would say the highlight is part of the grip, too.
But I see rivets too.

Your right.

Taking a second look the bottom is part of the grip.
I was interpreting it as part of the stray thread.

MAN!! we are like 2 months away and there hasn't been a full lenght trailer yet! what's up! :angry

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back