TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

I mean - I hope it is all original - but heck it could be a parks or another one of our members fine efforts!

I'm wondering WHO is handing the lightsaber over. It doesn't look like a human. It looks to me like an alien of some kind, with orange-ish skin and a non-human face. Maybe it's one of Admiral Ackbar's grandchildren.
Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 2.52.54 PM (2).pngScreen Shot 2015-04-16 at 2.52.50 PM (2).pngScreen Shot 2015-04-16 at 2.52.46 PM (2).pngScreen Shot 2015-04-16 at 2.52.42 PM (2).png

I mean - I hope it is all original - but heck it could be a parks or another one of our members fine efforts!

I can confirm 100% ... it's a real G R A F L E X that you see laszlo ... I have known this info ever since last summer straight from member 3cell, who even asked my assistance to track down a real MPP for production ... which he finally did on his own and sold to Foodles Company Ltd. UK :)

Chaim

I'm wondering WHO is handing the lightsaber over. It doesn't look like a human. It looks to me like an alien of some kind, with orange-ish skin and a non-human face. Maybe it's one of Admiral Ackbar's grandchildren.
View attachment 465281View attachment 465282View attachment 465283View attachment 465284

Oh, man! Good catch! I just assumed it was the new girl handing it to the old girl (Leia). They look like Fisher's hands to me. Some may think the hands are too young looking, but they could also be someone elses hands for close-ups.

The scene is in leaked concept art. The woman handing the lightsaber over is a non-human, and the woman receiving it is probably Daisy Ridley

I can confirm 100% ... it's a real G R A F L E X that you see laszlo ... I have known this info ever since last summer straight from member 3cell, who even asked my assistance to track down a real MPP for production ... which he finally did on his own and sold to Foodles Company Ltd. UK :)

Chaim

So they bought some for the production but are you sure they have actually been used on screen?
soooo excited to see it again - properly giddy

This is, flat out, wonderful. :) Made me smile. They paid attention to the notched grips, the "Kobold clip" position and the circuit board, whatever the card looks like. Can't wait to see the MPP.

Time to dig my 2-cells out of mothballs and finish converting them.

Does anybody still make replacement 3-cell bottoms? I stopped paying attention to that stuff around the time everyone started to boycott Parks.

You could contact member 3cell via PM ... he sells real vintage G R A F L E X bottoms from time to time :)

Chaim

Last edited:

It sure looks like one doesn't it? ... Alas I know that the Kobold flash 3cell offered was not purchased by the props crew ... so I can neither confirm nor acknowledge it is from a genuine vintage Kobold flash :cry

Chaim

Graflex Lightsaber in Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Yes!! I'm so glad that they pay such a tribute to the old techniques of prop making!! :)

SWFA Graflex Lightsaber.png SWFA Graflex Lightsaber 2.png

This is very interesting though, because it's like a Luke ESB and ANH hybrid.
I wonder if it really is based on a real Graflex or a replica.

Best thread ever! Great news that the prop department used real vintage Graflex flashes!!!

Had to chime in!

Would have loved to have been the person that sold them to them!!!

- Jim

Pulled out the old prop box and sure enough I have and extra graflex! Question now is make an E7 or sell it... :)

My jaw dropped for pretty much the whole trailer, but the first thing I did after I watched it through for the first time was to rewind a freeze frame on the Graflex!! Awe. Some.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back