TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Re: That's a Graflex, right (Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)?

Think I found a winner...wifi antenna

FVJ7U57F6S8S0TZ.LARGE.jpg

The he rings match perfectly, they could have just filed down the top alittle

Check this out new idea....

http://smartmadness.com/shop/image/cache/data/Antenna/MINIantenaGERMANFLAG1-750x750.jpg"

Look ok at the bottom of the saber, doesn't it look like a shadow around the "antenna" sticking out? Maybe that shadow is a hole and this antenna is attached to something inside it, and the tip is sticking out side the hole!! This tip almost matches it exactly

My first thought was that it was like a bunny-ear TV antenna and that is the base, while the part that you can swivel to the sides was removed leaving the hole, or could be from an old motorola router.

Im going to stop now but look at this!!!!

RN-SMA-S-hi-res.jpg

Its it's gotta be an antenna sticking out the bottom of the stunt saber!, but why!?!?

My first thought was that it was like a bunny-ear TV antenna and that is the base, while the part that you can swivel to the sides was removed leaving the hole.

I wish both his hands weren't covering it, I'm dying to see this thing by itself. Another idea that popped into my head was... And this may contain a spoiler so I'm going to tag it but I heard a rumor that the
graflex has a very big important and they open it up because they need something inside it
if that is true maybe they modify it in the film? I seriously hope not, but seeing how this "stunt" is in the trailer and now pretty visible on advertisement, maybe the bottom of the saber is supposed to look different... Maybe it has a purpose and not just the stunt?

I could be be super over analyzing everything but this is what makes this hobby so much fun " what if what if "

I think it's an 'L' cable plug.

There is the cable that is attached to the plug.

At least let us agree on that it is a real G R A F L E X flash being used as a stunt . . . shall we . . . as for the mcguffin part of the lightsaber . . . I'd assume after all these years having been kept by the maintenance crew of Bespin City and several Ugnaughts . . . fresh batterries were most definitely needed to be inserted :lol

Chaim

Last edited:

Also... the little squared off thing... that's an on/off switch. No doubt.

I think it's an 'L' cable plug.

There is the cable that is attached to the plug.

List he cable visible? I honestly don't know what I'm looking for, is it possible for someone to highlight/photoshop where the cable is

- - - Updated - - -

At least let us agree on that it is a real G R A F L E X flash being used as a stunt . . . shall we . . . as for the mcguffin part of the lightsaber . . . I'd assume after all these years having been kept by the maintenance crew of Bespin City and several Ugnaughts . . . fresh batterries were most definitely needed to be inserted :lol

Chaim
Is it real Chaim? I thought we thought it was a TCSS graflex top?

As far as I'm concerned the top is a real G R A F L E X with new guts perhaps and having seen those grips up close ... I would not be surprised if those were black painted and weathered plastic T-tracks from . . . GINO either :wacko

Chaim

Yes, I know ... but why would they invest lots of money in 7 real flashguns ... if they could fiddle together a stuntsaber with parts from TCSS? Doesn't make sense ... you guys need to understand how props making for movies work ... they have access to all kinds of machines and workshops to make whatever they need from scratch or find laying around ... they most certainly won't purchase any parts that we from the fandom do ... it's not in their nature.

Chaim

There is agerman saber show fight group that uses a wireless system to transfer the fx sound (humming and clash) to a sound system while fighting. So big audiences get a better show with better sound.

I don't think that Hollywood needs something like this. They could add the sound afterwards.

The thought just crossed my mind that they could use these antenna for anything.
Don't think it would be helpful for the actor when someone turns his/her lightsaber on/off and isn't ready with his mimic or playing for just this moment. I think it could complicate the actoring.

Yes, I know ... but why would they invest lots of money in 7 real flashguns ... if they could fiddle together a stuntsaber with parts from TCSS? Doesn't make sense ... you guys need to understand how props making for movies work ... they have access to all kinds of machines and workshops to make whatever they need from scratch or find laying around ... they most certainly won't purchase any parts that we from the fandom do ... it's not in their nature.

Chaim

Oh ok I understand now, graflex shell, machined guts. All they need to do is see what the fan doers have and they can copy it with out a problem. But if we do find out the t tracks came from a fan prop builders, I wouldn't be surprised if they also grabbed inner guts from TCSS or graflex parts and reverse engineered they own guts

- - - Updated - - -

There is agerman saber show fight group that uses a wireless system to transfer the fx sound (humming and clash) to a sound system while fighting. So big audiences get a better show with better sound.

I don't think that Hollywood needs something like this. They could add the sound afterwards.

The thought just crossed my mind that they could use these antenna for anything.
Don't think it would be helpful for the actor when someone turns his/her lightsaber on/off and isn't ready with his mimic or playing for just this moment. I think it could complicate the actoring.

if it is a antenna I don't get why they would want to control it besides having the actor ignite it himself/herself... Hope we do find out what this is all about. But again I really enjoy reading the debating and thinking about what it is, it's my favorite part of this hobby

Anyone have a complete photo of this showing the entire graflex in 1 picture. I want to tonight highlight a few things in photo shop and compare them to the new forest scene. The forest scene shows the antenna almost dead center, I wonder if this is another stunt saber because this one is hanging to the left, I gotta compare where exactly the bunny ears are in both pictures

I have another theory: this isn't the movie prop we're looking at, but a new Hasbro force FX saber. It's a Hasbro promo picture in the end isn't it? That would explain the switch and perhaps some other features.
Another thought I have: since there's no D-ring at the bottom, that the 'plug' is some sort of magnetic attachment to a belt.

Roy

I have another theory: this isn't the movie prop we're looking at, but a new Hasbro force FX saber. It's a Hasbro promo picture in the end isn't it? That would explain the switch and perhaps some other features.
Another thought I have: since there's no D-ring at the bottom, that the 'plug' is some sort of magnetic attachment to a belt.

Roy
Wouldn't it be nice to fight a sith in the living room and here the clash and humming of the sabers via Bluetooth on your DolbySoround?[emoji2] [emoji106]

Good thought regarding Hasbro merchandise.

Last edited:

Anyone have a complete photo of this showing the entire graflex in 1 picture. I want to tonight highlight a few things in photo shop and compare them to the new forest scene. The forest scene shows the antenna almost dead center, I wonder if this is another stunt saber because this one is hanging to the left, I gotta compare where exactly the bunny ears are in both pictures

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=237477&p=3749725&viewfull=1#post3749725

(Picture Courtesy Dr Talyn)

The bunny ears should be opposite the 'golden' set screw :)

Nice thoughts Roy ... however these are photoshoots especially done for movie promo memorabilia and merchandise with 'real props' on hand . . . remember the fold-up Darth Vader from ANH?

Chaim

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back