TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

what picture is everyone referring to of the TFA grips? i didnt think we had a clear enough picture?

The only pic from TFA that could show the curvature is when Rey offers the Graflex to Luke. There is a split second when you see the pommel end directly toward the camera. That being said I haven't seen a high res version of that frame to make a 100% positive determination. So far all replicas made by PropShop (their licensed replica and the launchbay replicas) have grips that are curved on the bottom. The theory is that those are the same grips used on the screen used sabers. It would make sense if PropShop fabricated them, which is a likely scenario since they 3D printed so much stuff for the props, that they would engineer them with a curved bottom to conform to the shape of the Graflex and not match the OT grips that have just the glue channel.

I'm not convinced. If the prop used for the Wired photo shoot is a screen used hero prop, which I believe it is, the T-tracks are clearly coming loose on the edges from the Graflex surface and are not touching full on. This looks to me like it has a glue channel rather than a full rounded backside.

71009b5d8ce76651202264b231b58e0b.jpg

Roy
www.wannawanga.com

Roy, you may have converted me but with this other Wired pic:

Screen-Shot-2016-01-13-at-6.40.17-PM.png

I can definitely see the 'pull-away' on the long edges in this pic. Also, looks like rivets instead of button head screws.

Love this thread, I'm trying to make my 2.0 from TCSS accurate to TFA, and already have Roy's cover, TGS red button, and KR saber's slotted screw and slide screw, plus brass/aluminum blade plug. The main things I want to fix are the wierd bent beer tab and round edged side switch. Any suggestions?

Btw, what will you all do when a Star Wars movie has only one variant of the Graflex? This wouldn't be nearly as fun!

Id also love to see you make a bottom plate to fit under the kobalt that is cut with sound vents under the clip so they are invisible to the eye but present to allow sound to escape! - Easier for you to do it at production stage i guess.

Like this ..

Does anyone make/sell this version of the bottom plate? Would love to get this version for sound venting on an FX build.

View attachment 648187

I'm not convinced. If the prop used for the Wired photo shoot is a screen used hero prop, which I believe it is, the T-tracks are clearly coming loose on the edges from the Graflex surface and are not touching full on. This looks to me like it has a glue channel rather than a full rounded backside.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160815/71009b5d8ce76651202264b231b58e0b.jpg

Roy
www.wannawanga.com

I have always seen a glue channel, glad I'm not the only one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand what you mean by 'pull-away'. I don't think that the edge of the T-tracks are touching the metal.

Roy
www.wannawanga.com

I'm pretty sure by "pull-away", he means that the edges are not touching the metal, like you said.

Yes, thanks Bogleo! I mean the effect of having a (relatively) flat surface on a round object - the edges of the grips don't touch the surface of the tube.

What I'm saying is I am finally seeing what you are seeing. :)

Roy! I need rivits! lol. Are you going to be offering them at your shop?

Does anyone know if they are silver or black ionized....

LOL. Yes, I might. When you order T-tracks I will supply them for free. But I will add them to order separately. But you can always get them any other place: 3mm x 12mm alu/steel pop rivets.

Roy
www.wannawanga.com

http://postimg.org/gallery/267rsfe62/

This link contains a few reference images I haven't seen on this thread (correct me if I'm wrong)

This includes the Prop Shop Graflex at Star Wars Celebration and SDCC. The other one is an image sent to me from TGS when my glass eye arrived defective. This is their new "dark" lens mentioned on the site. I don't believe they've posted a picture of it yet. Also, I need help with my 2.0. Read my last post!

Thanks!

**Update
They do have new pictures uploaded for the dark eye, but not this one

Attachments

• IMG_1083.JPG
    IMG_1083.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1084.JPG
    IMG_1084.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1085.JPG
    IMG_1085.JPG
    454.2 KB · Views: 188
TCSS grips are cool, but are very rubbery and can travel a bit over time. Roy's are a harder plastic that feels more substantial and retains its shape. i guess it depends if you plan to swing it around or put it on a shelf.
Shelf use only, but may have frequent handling.

http://postimg.org/gallery/267rsfe62/

This link contains a few reference images I haven't seen on this thread (correct me if I'm wrong)

This includes the Prop Shop Graflex at Star Wars Celebration and SDCC. The other one is an image sent to me from TGS when my glass eye arrived defective. This is their new "dark" lens mentioned on the site. I don't believe they've posted a picture of it yet. Also, I need help with my 2.0. Read my last post!

Thanks!

**Update
They do have new pictures uploaded for the dark eye, but not this one

man i honestly dont know how i feel about those grips... they kinda look like the graflex 2.0 grips

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back