TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Hey guys!
I just finished our first protoype TFA clamp card. It is not yet gold plated (The finished version will be) and the etching came out pretty rough because of several small things that I will fix next time around. We are currently working on a system to sell these and I hope to get an interest-thread up in the next few weeks. :)

These will be 100% handmade, by the way...

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

The more you stare at these things, the more details you find. I just got my Korbanth Graflex 2.0 and have been looking it over to compare it to my original Graflex. I noticed that the Korbanth’s lacks the brass contact plate that is at the bottom of the top short pin sets on both sides. Has anyone else noticed this as well? I see that Roman includes this detail in his version on his site but I thought that his Graflex replica came from the same supplier.

Has anyone found an upgrade for this somewhere so one can include that little piece in the short pins? I can see how this may be overlooked in some shots because the one in my original Graflex is heavily smudged and darkened so one can hardly see it but it appears to have been present in all the ANH, ESB and TFA screen props.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458769667.600131 copy.jpg
grflxre2.jpg
anhluke copy.jpg
LukeESB1_dockingbay101 copy.jpg

Yeah. Korbanth and Roman graflexs are NOT the same and not from the same supplier. They are different. Korbanth (same as Parks, Vader's Vault and TCSS) are meant to be made into lightsabers and designed for electronics mind. Roman's is meant to be an accurate replica of the Graflex flashgun. In the Graflex Addicts group on Facebook, I saw a guy cut some copper pieces and screw them in under the top pins to accurize their 2.0s.

Yeah. Korbanth and Roman graflexs are NOT the same and not from the same supplier. They are different. Korbanth (same as Parks, Vader's Vault and TCSS) are meant to be made into lightsabers and designed for electronics mind. Roman's is meant to be an accurate replica of the Graflex flashgun. In the Graflex Addicts group on Facebook, I saw a guy cut some copper pieces and screw them in under the top pins to accurize their 2.0s.

Thanks for that info. I did not know this though it makes sense. Roman does promote his replicas as exact Graflex reproductions right down to the labeling on the base so this would make sense.

Hi Roy. Just seen on WannaWanga that the Kobold clips are back in stock. Does this mean that the TFA Lightsaber kits are ready to order?

Have to throw in with everyone else that the prices are crazy, crazy, crazy. Maybe inflation?? - whatever. And no shipping to Canada, so even if I was gonna go nuts with the hard earned $$$$ it won't happen. I do love the melted Vader Helmet, but again - that price is beyond any 'cool' fanboy ceiling I'm prepared to hit! And I've hit some pretty hard!
I must say though, I do really like the look of the Rey 'Skywalker' Lightsaber they've shown in their promo shots. The scruffy look, the weathering, the hex screws. Beautiful!! I'm in the process of making one from an extra Master Replicas Empire saber, some of Roy's parts & some original parts. So yeah, that Promo Saber is my inspiration. Sure it's not screen accurate, but for some reason with TFA I don't feel so twee about the screen accuracy thing. Just having some OCD free fun. It's been a nice diversion.RLH-close-up-1.jpgtmh7e0d5yxf51rm8hnoz.JPGydnzkhdlnq3eucenijae.JPG

Getting back to the grips, if the Propshop replicas are any indication of screen accuracy (which is questionable) the bottom contour is definitely a wide arch.

star-wars-3d-printed-light-saber-1-630x473.jpg

Also, hex screws instead of rivets. Note the right handed traces on the clamp card :facepalm

star-wars-3d-printed-light-saber-2-630x473.jpg

Getting back to the grips, if the Propshop replicas are any indication of screen accuracy (which is questionable) the bottom contour is definitely a wide arch.

View attachment 641088

Also, hex screws instead of rivets. Note the right handed traces on the clamp card :facepalm

View attachment 641090

Sorry for the dumb question, but is that an actual 'off the assembly line', what you get (for all that $$$) Propshop replica? If so, yikes, pretty hasty looking. I love the proto pictures - as I've already posted - but that saber looks kinda low rent & thrown together. Particularly in the weathering department.

I think that detail is also clearly visible on the Maz Box saber. I see grips with a bottom contour that is fitted to the tube and that is lacking a glue-channel.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back