TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

That looks like it took a fair amount of work. Can anyone else that's performed the same calculations verify these numbers? I haven't yet, but surely someone else has also tried to figure these dimensions out...

I did. Please check post #2390
I will make, one day soon, make new blueprints from these.

Has anyone got screen shots to confirm if Maz's lightsaber glass eye is smooth or notch edged? :)

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Is it a DEFINITE that the glass eye is lathe smooth and brass showing ? is this just one of the many sabers in the movie or do all have this sort of glass eye? I hope not because I like the traditional glass eye but like the TFA look.

Finn-receiving-lightsaber-from-Maz.jpg

I'm coming back to my earlier statement that Maz's lightsaber doesn't have the smooth turned glass eye.
This image might be the only moment a small corner of the glass eye becomes visible and it shows brass!
So, it seems that both sabers have the same detail.
Note that the transparent clamp card with the left-sided thin traces are clearly visible here.

Roy

Is that how your reworked clamp card will look Roy? Also is there any chance that you can also offer a run of the smooth glass eyes? :D

View attachment 637737

I'm coming back to my earlier statement that Maz's lightsaber doesn't have the smooth turned glass eye.
This image might be the only moment a small corner of the glass eye becomes visible and it shows brass!
So, it seems that both sabers have the same detail.
Note that the transparent clamp card with the left-sided thin traces are clearly visible here.

Roy

I think you meant to type "does", not "doesn't".

I have 99.9% of every frame of TFA that shows the Graflex, edited into one 1080p video file (did that for ESB as well, lol). You can't see it perfectly clear in the Maz footage as it's in motion and not in the best of lighting but what you can see sure hints that it's turned down, exposing the brass. It appears turned down in the rest of the movie as well.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back