TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

No problem, this is the cover:
View attachment 611424

And these are the two exclusive featurettes (note they are not on disc, they are on Disney Movies Anywhere, once you redeem your code, and you can access them from the app too):
View attachment 611425

you are the man!! thanks for taking the time and sharing this! I really appreciate it, I found it online but again it doesn't say " lightsaber footage on this bluray" lol thanks for clarifying! in going hunting once I get home tomorrow

It still baffles me as to why they tooled down the glass eye knurling on that one. Maybe it was damaged.

I would love to know too tom. we have noticed they now don't show any name brand or trade mark material on the graflex's

G R A F L E X band covered with some kind of aluminum shield with grooves. and now the bottom of the flash where all the wording is is covered with some kind of reflective material

I wonder if they said " heh, turn that thing down little... gives it character" they added all those little things. I don't think there is anything logical behind the milled down glass eye, just them tinkering

this just hit me while typing this. idk what everyone thinks but I've been obsessed with the grips short vs long. I believe the prop department examined the saber from episode 3. and got the grips from that saber and put it on the new graflex not knowing it's suppose to have long... can I really say it's suppose to have long? lol but you get the idea

looking at the glass eye on the episode 3 saber the rim is smooth. I wonder if they just incorporated this into the new graflex

I don't get what they were thinking with the glass eye at all. They had to have known that machining down the knurl would expose the brass but they did it anyway. And then why stop there and not machine smooth the red button?

From a new magazine cover.

cover.jpgSW_VII_TOSG.jpgs-l1600.jpg

I don't get what they were thinking with the glass eye at all. They had to have known that machining down the knurl would expose the brass but they did it anyway. And then why stop there and not machine smooth the red button?

I think because all other references show the button the have the knurling still. I think they just confused the ep3 saber with the OT saber.

It's funny, if the circuit board is clear plastic with circuit leads it kinda makes it the perfect 50/50 marriage between the ANH bubble strip and the ESB circuit board.

I'm actually surprised in 30 years no one else thought to do this. If Vader has an MPP based saber in Rogue One, I'm curious what the changes will be on that one.

It's funny, if the circuit board is clear plastic with circuit leads it kinda makes it the perfect 50/50 marriage between the ANH bubble strip and the ESB circuit board.

I'm actually surprised in 30 years no one else thought to do this. If Vader has an MPP based saber in Rogue One, I'm curious what the changes will be on that one.

Very true. A perfect mix. I honestly hope they use the ROTJ stunt for the Vader. A strange wish, but with the Battlefront game using the ROTJ for vader even on hoth, it seems to be the canon hilt at this point.

Very true. A perfect mix. I honestly hope they use the ROTJ stunt for the Vader. A strange wish, but with the Battlefront game using the ROTJ for vader even on hoth, it seems to be the canon hilt at this point.

maybe vader has couple different sabers all at the same time?

Blasphemy! I appreciate the fun of the clunky ROTJ stunt / MOM saber, but no way should it replace the beauty of the ANH or ESB version. As long as they don't play chronologic logic and give him the ROTS toy-strosity...

Well Rogue One is set closer in time to ANH than anything else, and they did go to the trouble of purchasing an MPP. (And I wouldn't give much credence to a video game.) So my money is on a saber that at least closely resembles the ANH saber.

Soooo...when will Sloth and/or Roy be offering a left-side thin trace translucent card.....hmmmm? :D

Seriously, I don't think we're going to get a clearer shot than the one above of the card.

Then it just becomes whether or not we believe and/or can confirm that the TFA hero saber grips are indeed rubber as claimed in the Cinefx article. I'm torn on getting some from Roy when we've had no independent confirmation.

Someone should just ask one of the actors on Twitter about the t tracks. Maybe could get lucky and get a reply....

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back