12th Doctor - New Series 9 Outfit and Cosplay.

I picked up one of the SA hoodies for a decent price on E-bay a little bit back. Also got the second LL shirt a few days ago, picked up the MM one a little bit back. :) Have been gathering pieces but really would like to get a coat before long...

NegFlower.jpg

Also just picked up this for an extra cosplay prop since it was inexpensive. :)
s-l1600.jpg

600x600-2015110200013.jpg
Trousers from 'the woman who lived'

I've also tried to replicate the pattern for spoonflower:

Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 7.32.01 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 7.32.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 7.32.01 PM.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Awesome, I hadn't noticed so much in the show that there was the third style until it was brought up on here. So if that's the actual one's that just leaves the "Magicians Apprentice" version unidentified? Nice job! I just spent some time recreating the shirt design that he wore for like 30 seconds in Face the Raven lol. :)

Nice. Did you actually find a pair?

The MA trousers were custom made from old stock wool. They only had enough for two pairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were they also from Mendoza? Wasn't sure since seems when I saw a link last it was to a different pair/pattern listed as Doctor Who that were maybe made but not yet used on screen?

Nope. I think Ray Holman (or his assistants) just found some fabric they liked and had trousers made from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, cool I found a decent pair as I liked that outfit but would be cool to see more found or the actual one's remade. Spoonflower at leaves gives an nice alternative, nice job again on the pattern PhilmFreak!

They are actually Hugo Boss. Thank to Tommy for the brand name, it was easy finding them from there. I just searched 'Hugo Boss plaid pants' and there they were! I believe they are called 'Caleb-W'. Like I said, they are gone from any trustworthy website, but you can still find them on strange-looking websites that I wouldn't necessarily buy from. Also, try your local Macy's.

Looks like there is a few different colors of the same style/pattern, have seen three now so far I believe. Unfortunately not found the correct color available yet. :(

Figured I would post this here too since I spent a little time on it...even though it was on screen for probably under a minute... Kept making tweaks to it after the fact but pretty happy with where it is now. :) Did the alternate version with the ripples...just thought it made it more complete even though I have no idea what the bottom looks like for sure. Think it's as well as I can do it anyway...

Recreation of this one:
http://screencapped.net/tv/doctorwho/displayimage.php?album=182&pid=435753#top_display_media

ra,unisex_tshirt,x3104,black,front-c,650,630,900,975-bg,f8f8f8.jpgra,unisex_tshirt,x3104,black,front-c,650,630,900,975-bg,f8f8f8.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm, and I didn't think there would be any more new outfits this season... Good pics and the double breasted jackets that popped up look like the same style but not sure.

What really has me stumped is the fact that his coat in the first picture looks identical to the one he wears in the rest of the images, except it's way longer. Two separate but similar double breasted coats, perhaps?

It's a prince albert frock coat, it seems. The waistcoat seems to be the series 8 waistcoat along with the series 8 trousers and shirt.

- - - Updated - - -

Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 1.15.56 PM.png
and new cufflinks

I have to disagree on the everything but the coat. The waistcoat buttons are different and has a seam below the pocket, the shirt is a banded collar, and the trousers have no pleats. It's all new

I have to disagree on the everything but the coat. The waistcoat buttons are different and has a seam below the pocket, the shirt is a banded collar, and the trousers have no pleats. It's all new
You are completely right. At first glance, the waistcoat seemed to be the woolen cashmere, but after zooming in, it obviously isn't. The shirts are different from picture to picture. In the picture with him in the diner, he seems to be wearing a point collar shirt (I'm guessing the Budd) and in the other picture he wears a shirt with a detachable collar. The pants are the pants worn w/ velvet. Sorry for the misleading info, guys.

EDIT:

The point collar shirt in the diner is not the same Budd shirt. It has barrel cuff not double/french cuff

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back