Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

I'm really interested in getting one for a mannequin, but also maybe to wear at some point. What I don't completely understand is the glove measurement. The page talks about measuring where the red line is, but I don't see any schematic with the red line. What am I missing?

Bought my kit today :D :D :D

For Got Maul, or people in the know...

Im a 6'2" meso, and am worried a bit about my TK armor proportions... Also, any tips on sizing the arming suit when your inseam and arm length are an XL or XXL but your waist and chest are L. I went for Large as I figured I could wear longer socks, and wear arm socks if need be... figured it would be better for a tighter arming suit fit than getting the right length...

I pulled the trigger on one of these yesterday. For the $350 opening price point, I'd be crazy to pass this up! Now for the 6+ month wait! Oh well, it comes with the territory in this hobby! I'm EXCITED about this!:cool

One hundred and twenty-two to Canada. At that price it might be worth renting a PO Box on the US side. Yikes.

Hey man, I ordered mine the other day and shipping was only $48.00. Maybe they have adjusted it since then?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really interested in getting one for a mannequin, but also maybe to wear at some point. What I don't completely understand is the glove measurement. The page talks about measuring where the red line is, but I don't see any schematic with the red line. What am I missing?

This is why I ordered one. To put on a mannequin for 99% of the time.
Maybe add a motion activated speaker that says phrases when people walk by it. Thought that would be pretty cool.

I noticed the "red line" too. Didnt find that reference. I just googled "How to measure my hand for gloves". Apparently, I have small hands. lol

Hey man, I ordered mine the other day and shipping was only $48.00. Maybe they have adjusted it since then?

- - - Updated - - -

This is why I ordered one. To put on a mannequin for 99% of the time.
Maybe add a motion activated speaker that says phrases when people walk by it. Thought that would be pretty cool.

I noticed the "red line" too. Didnt find that reference. I just googled "How to measure my hand for gloves". Apparently, I have small hands. lol

Hot diggity! Yep, you're right - JUST checked it and it's now sixty bucks to BC! Thanks for pointing that out - gonna save me a heck of a headache!!!!!

I hesitated and waited and thought about it and hesitated some more, but finally pulled the trigger yesterday. I'm just finishing up my HIC build and I have always wanted to do a stormtrooper. I never wanted to buy a kit from eBay because I've heard so many negative reports. All the signs were pointing to Anovos and with the low introductory price point, I couldn't resist. I knew I'd be kicking myself later if I didn't buy one.

I've never really considered joining the 501st until yesterday when I clicked "submit" on my order. Does this armor kit come anywhere close to their standards? I'm not overly concerned either way as this is primarily for my own enjoyment, but it would be pretty cool to join if I could.

Thoughts?

I just pulled the trigger too. Mainly because even the wifey said that too good of a deal to pass up. As a newb to Star Wars costumes and armor I am looking forward to the new challenge, research, and assembly. Meanwhile I need to finish my Star Wars Rebels family group costumes!!!

We are looking at November. Hopefully sooner !

That would be epic if you could swing that, especially since it's before EP7! And I also think I can speak for everyone here that you would make a LOT of people incredibly happy if you managed before October 31st...but I know that's pushing it ;)

On another note, I find your communication with fans as a company incredible. Good on ya for not losing your touch with the community after making it big. Thank you!!!

Can't wait for my suit :D

I've never really considered joining the 501st until yesterday when I clicked "submit" on my order. Does this armor kit come anywhere close to their standards? I'm not overly concerned either way as this is primarily for my own enjoyment, but it would be pretty cool to join if I could.

Thoughts?

Nothing is approvable out-of-the-box. Especially as this will come as a kit (with completed helmet), it's on you to make it approvable. Anovos is working from 3D scans of originals in the Lucasfilm Archives. The only others that will have gotten anywhere near as close over the years will have been the GINO and TE/TE2 kits. All of the above will have had/have to have cleanup and fixes and fudges done to them to account for missing pieces or the needs of the forming process or wearability, but those have been/will be kept to as much a minimum as possible. Anovos have said for all their offerings that they look to the original, do their utmost to replicate it, but also are interested in making wearable costumes rather than replicating something that may not have been created to stand up to years of repeated use. Look how tattered the original Stormtrooer costumes were just after a few weeks of filming back in '76. By the end of filming, many of them were cracking and held together with white gaffer's tape. Anovos' aim is to make sure the end-user doesn't have to deal with such concerns -- unless they make a pig's ear out of it during trimming and assembly. ;)

--Jonah

I read the the "most frequent question portion" I could not locate the info but will correct size strips be provided to join the armor bits together? Or is this something we provide? My concern is matching the white plastic.

I read the the "most frequent question portion" I could not locate the info but will correct size strips be provided to join the armor bits together? Or is this something we provide? My concern is matching the white plastic.

From what I've gathered, I think EVERYTHING you need to assemble the suit will be included in the kit. But I'll let Got Maul confirm that if he can :)

We are looking at November. Hopefully sooner !

Anovos is working from 3D scans of originals in the Lucasfilm Archives. ;)

--Jonah

I've seen this comment a couple of times. Is that actually confirmed anywhere (Got Maul?), because the Anovos site says the suit is based on THEIR sculpts, which respect the heritage of the ANH TK costume (again, I'm no expert, but it's based on the stunt, not the hero, correct?) - nothing about laser scans.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back