Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

I have to say I'm incredibly tempted by this sweet deal too. But having no experience with armour whatsoever makes me a little nervous if I'm up to the challenge of completing the kit. I'm also coming around to the design of the ep7 Stormie, but I doubt they'll have the kit option as cheap as this!

Anovos has released some idea of the TFA trooper suit price. For a DIY basic suit, it could be as low as $400; a DIY helmet could be as low as $200. Premium versions will have more stuff that comes with the kit (under suit, strapping, gaskets, seals and completed helmets) but will be in the $1500 to $2000 range.

What do you have to do to finish the kit? Just curious because I have no experience. Maybe someone here can help? For $350 I'm ordering. Always wanted a set of armor. 6'3" though and 200 pounds. XL

From what I understand, the sizing applies only to the black body suit, not the armor itself? Is XL the most representative of a ST and best to fit on a mannequin - is the body suit adjustable at all - is the armor itself meant to be permanently attached (if so will other materials be needed - ie, glue?)

Ordering mine tonight!

6'2"...

33" waist, 43" chest= Large

Arm length 36"= xl... do I go large of XL?

hand is 9" medium glove is 8-9 large is 9-10... decisions decisions

I ordered mine at Celebration this weekend. Really excited to finally be getting TK armor. Now to loose the gut.

Ordered mine at the con. Free shipping. It will be injection molded according to the rep and based on Lucas Archieve suit parts.

This information is incorrect. These kits will be vacuformed. If this is an issue, message me and I can get this refunded asap.

This information is incorrect. These kits will be vacuformed. If this is an issue, message me and I can get this refunded asap.

Hope they didn't tell too many people that. It was the girl with shorter brunette hair that told me that. No need for a refund. Vacuformed is my preference. Thanks for the clarification.

Regarding sizing, I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum from most of the issues I've seen posted. I'm 5'6", around 135 lbs. How likely would it be that the kit could be modified with relative ease in order to fit me after receiving?

It would be interesting to know how big the armorparts are.I´m a bodybuilder so I would need bigger parts for my legs and arms.I have a updated FX with an accurate helmet and some other parts made from the same ABS...but perfect armorparts with more space would be nice to have!:)

You're probably best with the AM2.0 kit. It is made with big people in mind. Bodybuilders included. The parts all have a ton of extra edges to allow for bigger body parts. The accuracy of the overall design suffers some though. Oh, and the helmet sucks.

Regarding sizing, I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum from most of the issues I've seen posted. I'm 5'6", around 135 lbs. How likely would it be that the kit could be modified with relative ease in order to fit me after receiving?

So....a little short for a stormtrooper? :lol At a guess, I'd say there's a very good chance you could modify it to be reasonably wearable - for evidence, I cite the documentation of 1977.

So....a little short for a stormtrooper? :lol At a guess, I'd say there's a very good chance you could modify it to be reasonably wearable - for evidence, I cite the documentation of 1977.

I agree, my guess would be that the biggest thing would be that you'd see a bit less of the ab plate with the chest plate covering more than is typical. You could probably trim the bottom of the chest plate to compensate but I don't think that you could trim more than an inch before the proportions start to look noticeably off.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back