Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

Hey all, my apologies. I will answer questions when the waters have calmed over here at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim.

But to quickly answer a question : YES, that armor on the site is our real prototype and not just a concept pics !

Will have to pick up this kit. Insane price and I've been toying with ST armor for years. Hope they give us some time to recover funds before putting up the Ep 7 trooper armor.

I have to admit, I'm a bit torn on this.

On one hand it is an incredible price. A price I may never see again. From what I can see, the armor looks of good quality. I was in love with the TK armor since seeing ANH for the first time. I could probably sell this kit at a later date and at least make my money back.

On the Other hand, money is a bit tight at the moment. I was toying with building a Scout Armor as my first set. I have a goal for having a Star Wars costume for the EpVII premier (501st approved) and the shipping on this armor would not meet that goal.

"Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, your my only hope" :p

Placed my order as well, definitely glad to hear that we have Got Maul here to answer some questions about the armor, looking forward to more news when things settle from C VII

If I read the site correctly, you have until May 4th to place the order at $350. Like so many have said here, sounds too good to pass up (or to be true). I wonder how intense clean-up will be and just where I'm going to find a mannequin... or even put this!

I know the site says up to 6' tall... but do you guys think it'll work for 6'2"?

I've always wanted to do a TK, but have always been out of my price range till now...

At $350, this is a no brainer. I realize this is a 'Proof of concept' Etc. The only critique I would have is to use the original methods of joining the arm leg halves together.

The under bicep detail is a lot sharper than my TE2 set....more accurate to the screen grabs posted.

Anyway, Viva la Star wars. I guess Im gonna convert my TE2 to a Desert Trooper.

At 6'5" and with a large build - this armor will most likely never fit me. I'm thinking of just going with the XL sizing for potential mannequin mounting - any thoughts on that?

I am bit bummed that this order won't be fulfilled until winter - would love to have this in time for Halloween, I think it would make a killer costume for the nephew. But, at this price... it's all good.

I know the site says up to 6' tall... but do you guys think it'll work for 6'2"?

I've always wanted to do a TK, but have always been out of my price range till now...

Same issue here. As I understand it, what ends up happening is that you'll have a bit more black under-suit showing, but since you're talking about 2" spread over the whole costume, it's probably not going to be terribly noticeable. And hell with it, even with the grotesque shipping to Canada, I'm in - works out to under five hundred CAD for a completed helmet, suit, seal, and armor. Can't pass this up.

One question - anyone comment on the bucket? Look to my untrained eye like a stunt ANH, with big ears and some slightly softer details. Other than that, the shape looks pretty good - is that a fair summation?

Ordered mine at the con. Free shipping. It will be injection molded according to the rep and based on Lucas Archieve suit parts.

Does anyone know what kind of work the unfinished kit would require? If its just trimming the edges and assembly then that's really an awesome deal.

I have to say I'm incredibly tempted by this sweet deal too. But having no experience with armour whatsoever makes me a little nervous if I'm up to the challenge of completing the kit. I'm also coming around to the design of the ep7 Stormie, but I doubt they'll have the kit option as cheap as this!

I have to say I'm incredibly tempted by this sweet deal too. But having no experience with armour whatsoever makes me a little nervous if I'm up to the challenge of completing the kit. I'm also coming around to the design of the ep7 Stormie, but I doubt they'll have the kit option as cheap as this!

visit whitearmor.com they have tons of tutorials there with everything you'll need! I've done a Mando for the mercs before, but never anything like a TK... I'm 6'2" and taking the plunge... for $350 getting a helmet thats fully finished with everything else is awesome!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back