My first build (deago ESB SS Falcon!)

DUDE! Your build is inspiring. All the customizations are blowing my mind. That paint job on the test piece looks freak'n awesome. Any more progress on the LED tape for the cockpit?

Treadwell- yeah I really wrestled with that when I started getting into this build, at first I was like wow that's really quick and sloppy looking, I had assumed they were meant to be replaced panels from other colored ships, but then I remembered the line from New Hope where they say something like "the ships markings match the one..." And started thinking that maybe it makes more sense for them to be just markings painted on the ship-at least the really dark grey and red ones- at least that's kinda how I justify it in my mind now! Haha

bwize-thanks man, nah I haven't messed with the cockpit anymore, hopefully can get back to it soon though!

FlyingBrickYard (lol) - yeah on that topic of working quickly I read somewhere that they also purposely work quickly ( as you said though more than likely out of necessity as well) like that to keep the energy and organic look to their stuff, often when stuff is really labored over it looks like it and that energy is lost, I tried that on this piece and I have to say I think there is something too it! That whole piece was painted over a couple hours and most of that time was waiting for stuff to dry inbetween weathering layers- its nice for me as well because I can look back at and not really remember doing all the little stuff, so there is fun stuff to look at and explore so that it feels new and fresh to me instead of knowing every little thing I did. The final paint job on this falcon will be interesting because I really want to keep it accurate but I also want to be really free and loose with it as well..prolly be strict with getting all the panels and major markings done then loosen up with all the final streaking and weathering.

Love what you've done so far Ktaylor!
Thanks for the link to the woodland scenics lighting system, I hadn't even thought of checking with them for lighting supplies, but now it seems like a "Duh!" moment! What source are you using for your EL tape needs? Are you looking at using any EL wire as well?

Bro... I gotta say... you're doing a wonderful job on this being your first time. Youv'e got some serious talent! Very well done so far. Where are you getting your EL tape from? I was thinking of using it myself. Just paint over the top of it and the scrape away some paint for the floor light slits would probably be my solution.

Thanks LrdSatyr8! To be fair I have been doing practical creature Maquettes and digital model/FX work for almost 20 years now but this is the first time I have worked on a hardsurface practical model! It's a lot of fun and really given me some cool ideas for painting digital models now, anyways, yeah for the EL tape I buy it online at amazon and here locally in Texas at FryElectronics, just check what type of power supply you are getting there are different types and its not always apparant unless you start looking into it, some have blinking options, some are just on/off ect...

Yeah I think that would probobly work out great, I got some really thin mask tape from testors I think? it's like1/32 inch that could work as well if you wanted to mask instead of scratch. For now I have shelved the interior stuff it was just too much work and time for something that I will NEVER see hahaha maybe later in the build if I get board of waiting on parts i'll finish it out but wanted to put the time into some other models now that I'm completely addicted to scratch building stuff!

Aegis, yeah like i was telling Lrd, I get it off Amazon and locally at Fry's, there are a lot of options on Amazon, just watch for different PSU types.
I really tried to think of a use for ElWire and just couldn't come up with anything lol it seems cool though and must be useful for something eventually!

Anyone know what kit piece these round guys are that are planted onto the panther tank piece there, the deago kit ones are pretty different and I thought it would be cool to replace them with the original kit bashed pieces since the scale is the same!

bottomDetailID.jpg

I heard a joke about those being a last minute joke and were buttons off Lorne Peterson's shirt after the Christmas Party... but I could be wrong! LOL

Yeah that looks like it for sure! Thanks guys, your knowledge of these kits is astounding! I'll see if I can order one of these and post back pics when I get it for confirmation!

Tamiya 1/35 Matilda MK II

If it's the correct part.
I presume that the Matilda MK III / IV should have the same parts but I can not confirm....

Ktaylor, btw, thx for the wonderful tutorial on the TP1 & TP2 parts. It was this that got me inspired to do the same to mine. Yours looks much better than mine, but I am still pleased with my effort. I almost attempted to try your turret window treatment, but in the end decided to just buy 3d printed upgrades.

Your hold and corridors are looking awesome as well.

I tracked down this kit ( at my local King Hobby shop no doubt! crazy you can walk in and still get these) and boom! totally spot on, thanks guys!! My model is .02% more authentic now!! I REALLY cant let this become a habit!!! this thing will end up costing 10k!!! hahaha

Thanks again for helping me ID those parts! Here is the kit and Spru from wence they came!

IMG_7533.JPG
out with the old

IMG_7534.JPG
in with the new!

IMG_7535.JPGIMG_7536.JPG

I tracked down this kit ( at my local King Hobby shop no doubt! crazy you can walk in and still get these) and boom! totally spot on, thanks guys!! My model is .02% more authentic now!! I REALLY cant let this become a habit!!! this thing will end up costing 10k!!! hahaha

Thanks again for helping me ID those parts! Here is the kit and Spru from wence they came!

View attachment 561615
out with the old

View attachment 561616
in with the new!

View attachment 561617View attachment 561618

Unfortunatly that Matilda kit is not the one that was used on the original Falcon.
This Matilda kit is a new tooled kit that was released by Tamiya 5 or 6 years ago.

The parts, and these wheels in particular, are different.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back