My first build (deago ESB SS Falcon!)

Got some FANTASTIC enamel Floquil Grime color matched paint from Guy Cowen. He is "replicating the vintage lacquers in a color lab that's one of the best in the world and the results are coming out perfect. They will be available soon-ish."

I mixed 50/50 with mineral spirits and shoots great from the brush, no build up in the tip that I usually get when I run this much paint through at once. This test piece was fully painted and weathered and only took 2 coats to fully cover, pretty rad.

Here is a white balanced (lightroom) shot of 3 styrene cards lined up that look really close to what I see with my eye when looking at it, which is tricky with pics especially colors like this, looks like there is still a bit of magenta in the whites but this is really close to what I see when looking at them...

colorCompare.jpg

I thought this pic of the SS model was interesting as it appears one of the T beams got knocked off and is revealing what seems to be white unpainted styrene, so it's a great indicator to the tone of the paint on the model compared to white, a lot darker than might be expected by just viewing photos of the model, seems to match up and support the darker grime base color. The lower photo of the painted styrene shots white balance looks bang on to what I see when holding them.

compare.jpg

Kris

Attachments

• IMG_3862.JPG
    IMG_3862.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 214
Got some more work done on the rear deck, lots of the little bars and small parts, finally finished that area below the lower center ring, what a pile of parts, that stuff is not the easiest stuff to glue together either! Happy to be done with that area!

Almost there! waiting on a halftrack and crocodile to finish it all out! Then moving on to rebuilding the 4 fins and 13 flaps...feels eternal!

IMG_3876.jpgIMG_3875.jpgIMG_3879.jpgIMG_3880.jpg

Woa! Never saw they flak piece hiding inside there!! Been wondering about that long skinny m3A2 piece for a while now, man thanks this is a huge help kbilly!!!

Looks great. And expensive. You sure went all out (or in) for a first build! very very nice.

Got some more work done on the rear deck, lots of the little bars and small parts, finally finished that area below the lower center ring, what a pile of parts, that stuff is not the easiest stuff to glue together either! Happy to be done with that area!

Almost there! waiting on a halftrack and crocodile to finish it all out! Then moving on to rebuilding the 4 fins and 13 flaps...feels eternal!

View attachment 723509View attachment 723508View attachment 723510View attachment 723511

View attachment 723509View attachment 723508View attachment 723510View attachment 723511

WOW! That engine desk is insane! Great job.

Ah yeah! Cool to finally get these guys together! Gonna cast these up and the other 2 reefer rims plain in case anyone wants them bare to build up their own!

View attachment 719744

Do both parts [the main hubs and rims] come in the same kit? I have searched the internet for every picture of the 1/43 reefer, and have never once seen these parts on he sprues of the kit in any pic i've ever seen. When this 1/43 reefer kit sells for up to $80 I need to know if I'm getting what is supposed to be in it. So I haven't bothered buying it, cause I have not been able to confirm it.

Yeah those rims ( the white outer parts are in the kit in the pic I posted of them put together, the darker rims that sit inside are from a different kit, 1/35 tamiya hanomag. I have castings of those reefer rims now, as well as the full assembly, let me know if you want a set.

Yeah those rims ( the white outer parts are in the kit in the pic I posted of them put together, the darker rims that sit inside are from a different kit, 1/35 tamiya hanomag. I have castings of those reefer rims now, as well as the full assembly, let me know if you want a set.

Big thanks for that! Everyone has been telling me the 1/43 reefer is the answer but no one ever said anything about Hanomags. All these years I've had a load of Hanomag's in my kit stock, and never new and never seen anyone say anything about Hanomags before. But the hub would be easier and cheaper to 100% accurately scratch from parts from kits already used on the falcon.

WOW! That engine desk is insane! Great job.
After finishing up this section last night, I can truly appreciate your hard work. It looks like Mr Lego had too much to drink hahaha. Cheers to rounding up everything. Is there a couple of browning machine guns below the center lower vent?

After finishing up this section last night, I can truly appreciate your hard work. It looks like Mr Lego had too much to drink hahaha. Cheers to rounding up everything. Is there a couple of browning machine guns below the center lower vent?

If I remember right those guns are from the M16 kit

- - - Updated - - -

Just did a big update of castings over here, if your looking for parts check it out!

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=275807&p=4228035#post4228035

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back