The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

I have been working on and off on my Netflix season two suit for a couple of years. I had three previous suits from other makers that just were not close enough for my Obsessive self. In the end I decided to bring in aseamstress to the studio that I felt would be as obsessive as myself and put up with my constant do-over requests and this is the final result. Jordyn Boci is absolutely amazing at what she does and she made sure every seam was there!! I sculpted all of the add on elements from top to bottom(buckles, armor pieces, gauntlets, helmet, holster, knee armor, shoulder bridge piece, rib buckles) and if anyone is interested in any of the components feel free to contact me for ordering info. View attachment 825199View attachment 825204 20180525_194856_resized.jpg20180525_134325_resized.jpg20180520_004007_resized.jpg20170223_201439_resized.jpg20170220_174257_resized.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Attachments

• 20180527_130520_resized.jpg
    20180527_130520_resized.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 278
  • DDLarge_resized.jpg
    DDLarge_resized.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 286
Last edited:
Has anyone been able to identify the shirt he wears in the new trailer?

*Skip to 0:23*
\

They just released a new photo too.

DD3roof.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The shirt just looks like a simple black sweater, nothing as specific as the season one shirt. I'm considering making the costume for halloween

E82AEDB5-EEB8-40CB-AB32-61F32A6F132E.pngCA9EA90E-D846-497F-BB68-61727FB794A1.jpegA couple of good shots I found online. The second photo had to be brightened to see the jacket. You can also see his mask has some layering now, as though it’s a wrap. The jacket is pretty plain, but I’m hoping someone can identify it

View attachment 846821View attachment 846822A couple of good shots I found online. The second photo had to be brightened to see the jacket. You can also see his mask has some layering now, as though it’s a wrap. The jacket is pretty plain, but I’m hoping someone can identify it
?

https://www.amazon.ca/Kensington-Ca...f_rd_t=40701&refRID=A78QE55RJJEECZCN6JGS&th=1

https://www.amazon.ca/Result-Fashio...ncoding=UTF8&refRID=GCZ0E48C4Y48MKGQ8QQD&th=1

I'm not really good at this but the shirt looks like the one he was wearing in the "Burn" trailer.

EDIT: Adding another link. https://www.amazon.ca/AFC-Polar-Fle...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2QGBYG9D9SD9CX5FDW3M

Last edited:
C50205BB-5C53-4E44-9BB9-45389DAA68DE.pngLooks like he gets a new mask when he adds the jacket to his outfit. If you look at the top of his head, you can see a seam like a beanie/ watch cap would have. At other angles you can also see that there isn’t a knot or tailes at the back, so I suppose he traded the bandana for a beanie pulled down over his eyes. Not sure how to replicate that while maintaining visibility

I’m going to, I’m just waiting for the materials to come in the mail. I can post pictures if anyone is interested. I had initially just added the white fabric under my season one mask, but then I saw that this one is made more like a wrap, so I’m going to make a new one

I’m going to, I’m just waiting for the materials to come in the mail. I can post pictures if anyone is interested. I had initially just added the white fabric under my season one mask, but then I saw that this one is made more like a wrap, so I’m going to make a new one
Thanks a lot. Can't wait to see yours.

What kind of white fabric did you buy btw?

I’m trying a few different things. My first test was with athletic tape actually, but it’s uncomfortable. I’m going to try gauze next, because that seems close to the texture of what we can see in the trailer , but if that doesn’t work I’ll use the same stretch fabric I use for the black mask itself. To make the base mask, I actually use a set of leggings, but I can just buy a strip of the same fabric in white/ cream to replicate the mask.

According to costume designer Elizabeth Vastola, the materials they used to make his season 3 mask are the same fabrics they used to dress the nuns and priests, since that's where he is living at this point in time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I read that interview. Apparently linen is the main fabric in nun’s habits. Looking more closely at this photo, the way the fabric is frayed looks like linen. I’m still going to use the fabric of leggings for the black mask itself, but I’ll incorporate linen for the white portion 13C40F27-B523-40D3-A4F8-27E8B91927E9.jpeg

2F855FF6-0195-47D4-9B47-34FC41FC513E.jpgMy hybrid season 1 & 3 suit. I have the screen accurate shirt, pants and boots from season one, but I added the fingerless gloves, rope wraps, and white under the mask to give it the season 3 look. I still need to make a whole new mask to properly replicate what he has in season 3, but this was fun as a less accurate hybrid

Completely irrelevant to the season 3 discussion but does anyone happen to know where I can find the fabric used for the season 1 mask?
View attachment 848656My hybrid season 1 & 3 suit. I have the screen accurate shirt, pants and boots from season one, but I added the fingerless gloves, rope wraps, and white under the mask to give it the season 3 look. I still need to make a whole new mask to properly replicate what he has in season 3, but this was fun as a less accurate hybrid
Awesome! Really wish they still made those shirts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back