The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

View attachment 848656My hybrid season 1 & 3 suit. I have the screen accurate shirt, pants and boots from season one, but I added the fingerless gloves, rope wraps, and white under the mask to give it the season 3 look. I still need to make a whole new mask to properly replicate what he has in season 3, but this was fun as a less accurate hybrid

What kind of rope did you use and how much of it? Looking really cool

Some one asked me to post these little items here - hope you do not mind :)

Daredevil business cards..

Defenders Business Cards.jpg

Anyone else hoping that he gets a more comic style all red suit at the end of Season 3 ?

This is a modernized adaptation. It is simply not enough to wear spandex and think these "heroes" can get away uninjured all the time. While a more comic-inspired red suit would be nice, that is not realistic in keeping with the direction and dark tone of the show overall (hence the more armored look of Daredevil). This is the reason why you don't see spandex heroes in most cinematic movies anymore.

This is a modernized adaptation. It is simply not enough to wear spandex and think these "heroes" can get away uninjured all the time. While a more comic-inspired red suit would be nice, that is not realistic in keeping with the direction and dark tone of the show overall (hence the more armored look of Daredevil). This is the reason why you don't see spandex heroes in most cinematic movies anymore.

I never said I wanted the suit to be spandex. I don’t mind the armored look if it was all red with maybe smaller black areas. I would prefer red leather though.

Uh, they did the red leather look... ask Ben Affleck about how that went over (the movie) ! I actually like the suit the way it is. To each his own.

Completely irrelevant to the season 3 discussion but does anyone happen to know where I can find the fabric used for the season 1 mask?
Awesome! Really wish they still made those shirts.

Hey man are you a Medium? I have the original hex with red stitching in Medium. I unfortunately grew out of it because of the gym.
I found a Large on ebay for myself. I LUCKED out, the guy had the newer M pattern shown in the picture and it ended up being the original one.

Hey man are you a Medium? I have the original hex with red stitching in Medium. I unfortunately grew out of it because of the gym.
I found a Large on ebay for myself. I LUCKED out, the guy had the newer M pattern shown in the picture and it ended up being the original one.

I am a size small, unfortunately. Would the shirt even properly fit me?

I'm a M. How much are you asking?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am a size small, unfortunately. Would the shirt even properly fit me?

It's a compression shirt, it would depend on how much muscle you got I guess lol. When I was a Medium it was still tight on me. Large fits more perfectly and I can actually move up the sleeves if I want.

I'm a M. How much are you asking?

I was going to offer it for free, just whomever wants it PM me what address they want me to send it. I was offering it to thelonelydalek because I noticed he's been looking for one for a while, but if he doesn't want it you can have it. When I get home I'll post a picture of it to see it's condition. I know the struggles of looking for this. I remember way back when on the hunt for these things.

EDIT: PS: Stoked about Season 3. Dug this out of storage.
2rwkrvd.jpg

Last edited:
It's a compression shirt, it would depend on how much muscle you got I guess lol. When I was a Medium it was still tight on me. Large fits more perfectly and I can actually move up the sleeves if I want.

I was going to offer it for free, just whomever wants it PM me what address they want me to send it. I was offering it to thelonelydalek because I noticed he's been looking for one for a while, but if he doesn't want it you can have it. When I get home I'll post a picture of it to see it's condition. I know the struggles of looking for this. I remember way back when on the hunt for these things.

EDIT: PS: Stoked about Season 3. Dug this out of storage.
View attachment 850223
Sent.

Looks good, btw!

I'm a Medium and also interested in the hex pattern in medium. I have a size Small with the Hex Pattern that doesnt fit me too that I could sell.

Hey guys, just in case you wanted to get screen accurate hand wraps, Matt Murdock used muay thai ropes in the show. If you google them, you will see the specific way they are wrapped. Hope this helps!

This is a bit of a late add, but I noticed no one else had mentioned it, so I thought I’d share. The jacket that Matt wears in Defenders while he has Jessica Jones’ scarf on is a Barbour Sapper jacket: https://www.barbour.com/us/barbour-sapper-wax-jacket
I had found this out researching online a while back, but I actually got to confirm that it is the correct jacket with Charlie Cox himself when I got to meet him at Comicpalooza back in May!89423A46-D3A4-497F-8551-5915C09A1B3C.jpeg4F561F4F-B495-467D-B1B6-D400733E54C3.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back