The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

Hey guys found this compression tee, it has the hex pattern and a darker red trim, only thing is the logo http://m.epicsports.com/Soccer/p/90831/index.html ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428955131.667502.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's cool. Logo would be a simple removal with spray fabric paint. I don't think the hex pattern is to much of a big deal unless someone was going for 100% screen accuracy.

That's cool. Logo would be a simple removal with spray fabric paint. I don't think the hex pattern is to much of a big deal unless someone was going for 100% screen accuracy.

This thread is dedicated to that 100% accuracy as much as possible.

We aren't concerned with "good enough" or "close enough" here. We want the screen accurate items whenever possible.

I think that shirt will work but I like to know how many different shirts Murdock wears? I still think they are all different due to the fact they get torn and damage with each outing?

Looking back at the screen shot I almost want to say this is the same shirt. The hex pattern matches the same location on the arms and the stitching seems to be the same. I don't see the hex pattern on the back but then again it could be covered up be dirt.

I'm pretty sure there is some hard mask/form under the cloth because6 when I pulled a t shirt quite tight over my eyes it was really hard to blink and when I pulled the fabric even a few mm away from my eyes it became a whole lot easier to see, especially in darker surroundings.

Ok, so I've done some research and I'm still stumped. There's clearly a button on the longer one of the two red batons, and it appears that they attach/detach similar to an adjustable crutch, as LyMovieDudeut pointed out, due to the holes on the metal section that is inserted inside the smaller one (see figure 1). If that's the case, I'm assuming the button would be pressed to lower the pins and allow for the batons to separate. However, watching Matt detach the things, he twists it, like a twist locking mechanism. Could the "holes" actually be small knobs that slot into something like this? (see figure 2) If this thing does work that way, what exactly would the button be used for? I'd love if somebody could help me solve this mystery!
Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 4.27.28 PM.png
Figure 1
cam.jpg
Figure 2

Another important thing to note is his hand positioning. Both hands are placed in positions where a thumb isn't able to press the button...leading me to assume that the button doesn't actually have anything to do with releasing them.
Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 6.48.17 PM.png

cam.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 4.27.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 6.48.17 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so I've done some research and I'm still stumped. There's clearly a button on the longer one of the two red batons, and it appears that they attach/detach similar to an adjustable crutch, as LyMovieDudeut pointed out, due to the holes on the metal section that is inserted inside the smaller one (see figure 1). If that's the case, I'm assuming the button would be pressed to lower the pins and allow for the batons to separate. However, watching Matt detach the things, he twists it, like a twist locking mechanism. Could the "holes" actually be small knobs that slot into something like this? (see figure 2) If this thing does work that way, what exactly would the button be used for? I'd love if somebody could help me solve this mystery!
View attachment 464039
Figure 1
View attachment 464027
Figure 2

Another important thing to note is his hand positioning. Both hands are placed in positions where a thumb isn't able to press the button...leading me to assume that the button doesn't actually have anything to do with releasing them.
View attachment 464062

The pins / metal attachment is just a quick release, more important it is considered a Bayonet quick disconnect. Once it spins fully it locks and the button is to release the lock. The quick releases are not too rare we used them on aircraft a lot. The button may or may not be fictional with the quick release. I say that because of the different types of quick releases made, most with a slight pull and/or spin detachment. Most quick releases that look like that are on braided metal lines or electronic cannon plugs. If I knew what size it was I could narrow down the search a lot. Will see what I can find tonight. If I can't narrow it down I may have to re-watch the episode a few times to see how he is working it because I don't remember off top of my head. Since it is custom, it could also be from RF cables with the metal made around it to look like one solid piece....or could be custom with that type of connector.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! What the link to the no logo version. Also you can just color the stictching with red permanent marker as long as the stitching is a light color like grey or white

So watching DD and I got this screen shot. I would almost say with 100% certainty that the Hex shirt above is the shirt worn. Has red stitching but none around the neck like in the show image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgand the lines match the hex shirt shown above. Although the hex design is not visible with in the screenshot I do believe it all matches up perfectly

Yup I agree. The no logo version of this shirt is what is worn. I will need to place this into my bookmarks and buy later down the road. But the one on Amazon, although not 100% accurate will work for now until I can afford this version.

Yup I agree. The no logo version of this shirt is what is worn. I will need to place this into my bookmarks and buy later down the road. But the one on Amazon, although not 100% accurate will work for now until I can afford this version.

heres the link to the logo one

http://www.mcdavidusa.com/Product/8800R/MCDAVID_Men_s_Recovery_Shirt.aspx

heres the one that isnt red but without logo
http://www.mcdavidusa.com/Product/8840R/MCDAVID_Compression_Shirt.aspx

I'm contacting Mcdavid to see if they had a red version without logo

Also, how do you guys think the hexpads are placed on the costume? Do you think the sleeves are rolled up and the hexpads put directly on arms or do you think its places ontop? If it's ontop we would have to find ways of hiding the logos

Please let us know what they say about red/black with no logo!

Also, how do you guys think the hexpads are placed on the costume? Do you think the sleeves are rolled up and the hexpads put directly on arms or do you think its places ontop? If it's ontop we would have to find ways of hiding the logos

- - - Updated - - -

There's a version on Amazon with a different, smaller white logo, red stitching, and a V-neck. What's the neck shape in front on this one?

Please let us know what they say about red/black with no logo!

- - - Updated - - -

There's a version on Amazon with a different, smaller white logo, red stitching, and a V-neck. What's the neck shape in front on this one?

Yeah I saw that! But it didnt look red...looked kind of burgundy...I didnt want to risk it

I think we can all agree he has more than one shirt

Agreed.

And what I will work on this week is identifying how many different shirts are worn, and in which episodes. I planned to do that anyways as I rewatch the season. Because right now we have several options being offered up, but can't really confirm it until we know exactly how many shirts there are and what the changes are to each one.

The latest McDavid brand shirt posted here looked like the most accurate one I've seen.

I don't think the sleeves are rolled up. I think they use the wrist straps to cover up the logos.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back