The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

It is because Melvin repaired the cowl with a welder after Punisher shot Daredevil in the head. He removed the paint / altered the overall color.
Wait a moment... that picture is taken before the repair... I don't know.
Probably the production was playing with colors to improve the overall look, waiting for a new cowl.

I think Clayman's theory is right, it makes alot of sense. They didn't really have to worry about anyone noticing anyway since it was still very dark in the first season. If it was still red and Matt survived the shot people would complain about how it shouldn't be possible according to what Melvin said.

I just finished the 2nd season. I'm too lazy to go back and make sure but I'm pretty positive I saw Daredevil's eyes blink in the scene where he talks to the Punisher on the graveyard. I could be wrong though.

Blind people do actually blink depending on the circumstances of their blindness

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Blind people do actually blink depending on the circumstances of their blindness

I was talking about how the red eyes on the cowl looked like they were able to blink, not Matt himself XD

While I'm at it I think IAmTheClayMan's theory is right regarding this aswell. When Matt blinks behind the lenses they appear to blink aswell depending on the lighting.

Last edited:
So I've finally decided to begin my red suit! I just received my XCoser Cowl from their Amazon account, and it's actually pretty damn good for the price! It's made of PVC and fairly easy to put on once heated up a bit with a hair dryer. The paint job isn't too bad, but I'll be repainting it this weekend with the matte black part on the front. My cosplaysky base suit is also arriving tomorrow, so I'll be sure to add some pics!
10395196_10207586994544980_743967548338186190_n.jpg20160324_185504.jpg20160324_185458.jpg

So I've finally decided to begin my red suit! I just received my XCoser Cowl from their Amazon account, and it's actually pretty damn good for the price! It's made of PVC and fairly easy to put on once heated up a bit with a hair dryer. The paint job isn't too bad, but I'll be repainting it this weekend with the matte black part on the front. My cosplaysky base suit is also arriving tomorrow, so I'll be sure to add some pics!
View attachment 607421View attachment 607420View attachment 607419

Just started following the thread. You're right that cowl doesn't look bad at all. Very interested to see how your build goes.

Late question, but I can't find an answer to it, so: Those of you that have the accurate G-Star pants, how difficult is it to get a tailor to take in the waist? The only pairs I can find are a 30 in the waist, which I'm afraid will be too small, and a 36W, which I know are too big.

I know everyone is more focused on the red suit anymore, but does anyone know if there is a bottom on the black suit escrima holster and if so how should i go about it?

View attachment 607421View attachment 607420View attachment 607419

Not bad at all! I'm actually getting the Xcoser cowl aswell, gonna repaint the entire thing and add red lenses. I heard that it's very poorly shipped and pressed together though, hopefully I can get around it with a heat gun to fix the shape.

uploadfromtaptalk1458959379894.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458959392536.jpg
Feeling the creative itch today. Started on the new cowl. The eyebrows are too defined and I still need to touch some things up.

Not bad at all! I'm actually getting the Xcoser cowl aswell, gonna repaint the entire thing and add red lenses. I heard that it's very poorly shipped and pressed together though, hopefully I can get around it with a heat gun to fix the shape.
What are you gonna use for the lenses?

I was talking about how the red eyes on the cowl looked like they were able to blink, not Matt himself XD

While I'm at it I think IAmTheClayMan's theory is right regarding this aswell. When Matt blinks behind the lenses they appear to blink aswell depending on the lighting.

Ah. Either way, the lenses are translucent so perhaps you're seeing his actual eyes blink?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back