The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

Looking good.

sdfsdf.jpg

I think it isn't the red lenses blinking, but his eyes blinking behind them. If the lenses are thin enough having light on them while his eyes are open would make them look bright red, but dark red if his eyes were closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone started tracking differences in the new red suit yet? Obviously he loses the forearm guards and gets new gloves (which are probably custom. Thanks again, Marvel :p ) But in one of the earlier episodes where we see the costume on the ground the boots look new too; they are definitely shorter than the 8" tactical boots he wore in season 1. Any ideas?

Also, the shoulder plates and straps now seem red instead of black, or am
I imagining that?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Did anyone else notice how the front part of the first cowl/mask seemed to go from dark red to flat black between the two seasons? I am not talking about the new cowl, which is pretty much all red, but the first one that Melvin Potter made for Matt.

Season 1
daredevil.jpg
Daredevil_RedSuit2.jpg

Season 2:

NEmvOpnfeNyrpt_1_b.jpg

Here's a screenshot from when Foggy finds Matt on the roof in Season 2 ep3. Probably the brightest light we've seen the red suit in. The front part of the mask looks flat black to me. What do you guys think?

Namnlös.png

Attachments

• daredevil.jpg
    daredevil.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 162
Did anyone else notice how the front part of the first cowl/mask seemed to go from dark red to flat black between the two seasons? I am not talking about the new cowl, which is pretty much all red, but the first one that Melvin Potter made for Matt.

Season 1
View attachment 606096
View attachment 606098

Season 2:

View attachment 606097

Here's a screenshot from when Foggy finds Matt on the roof in Season 2 ep3. Probably the brightest light we've seen the red suit in. The front part of the mask looks flat black to me. What do you guys think?

View attachment 606100

Good catch! It must be a continuity correction: when Melvin explains the suit to Matt in Season 1 he points out that only the black sections can stop bullets, while the red is more for knives or blunt melee. My guess is that someone on the production team remembered that and fixed it for this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time I look at Daredevil's suit, it reminds me of non-woven polypropylene fabric.
oDK9WtY.jpg

I don't have the figure for this costume, the skills to put it together, or the money for the materials, but I have seen polypropylene fabric in various colors at Hobby Lobby.

Any ideas on where to get the weave material his suit is made of? Or what it's called so I can do some searching?

Like most of the MCU textured supersuits, it's stretch material (or coarsely-woven nylon, etc) that has been screen printed with silicone/HD inks. Marvel gets it made in-house so your options are to get it custom made (a la @ElFett) or... well, that's your only real option, lol. :)

Yep, now that we'be seen the suit in detail I think it's safe to say you can't find the material off the shelf. The texture on the black parts especially looks screen printed, the pattern on the black is similar to the TASM2 suit but smaller.

Season 1
View attachment 606096
View attachment 606098

Season 2:

View attachment 606097

View attachment 606100
It is because Melvin repaired the cowl with a welder after Punisher shot Daredevil in the head. He removed the paint / altered the overall color.
Wait a moment... that picture is taken before the repair... I don't know.
Probably the production was playing with colors to improve the overall look, waiting for a new cowl.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back