The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

He used motocross leg armour can be seen in Nelson vs murdock the top he wears is called a rashguard you can still get them on eBay better snatch them up quick.
does anyone know if he uses the same boots and gloves for his red suit

- - - Updated - - -

I did some screencapping after watching a few more episodes today.

Sticks- definitely wood, possibly 1.5 inch dowels?

View attachment 463433

View attachment 463434

View attachment 463435

The holder. Interestingly, I don't see an attachment point on his belt, it looks like its a pair of leg straps holding it on. Probably a custom job.

View attachment 463437

View attachment 463438

Here is the wrist strap that was mentioned earlier in the thread

View attachment 463448

A couple of shots of the elbow pads where some sort of lettering can be seen

View attachment 463449

View attachment 463450

And a mystery pad that Foggy pulls out of Matt's costume box

View attachment 463451

Lets keep the momentum going!
Episode 8 you can see the holster I think it's a soft shell with 2 pieces of elastic that he pulls o to his thighs everyone is best making the sticks as real escrima sticks are far longer his are more like 1 escrima stick cut in half

He used motocross leg armour can be seen in Nelson vs murdock the top he wears is called a rashguard you can still get them on eBay better snatch them up quick.

Any screenshots of this? He never actually suits up in that episode, so the only reference of them is when foggy pulls it out of the box. Does anyone have any screen grabs of him actually wearing them in any episode?

does anyone know if he uses the same boots and gloves for his red suit

- - - Updated - - -

Episode 8 you can see the holster I think it's a soft shell with 2 pieces of elastic that he pulls o to his thighs everyone is best making the sticks as real escrima sticks are far longer his are more like 1 escrima stick cut in half

Those words on the arm say Hexpad I think so we were right

Just wanted to chime in that upon doing research on screen grabs I have, the black suit does change through the 13 episodes. The gloves you have listed are in some of the episodes and are used with the red suit with some little spike looking thing on the knuckles, but in the start of the season when he had the Russian on top of the building asking about the boy it was different gloves. They didn't have the same rubber knuckle areas and were more basic in nature.

Thought I would help some people out that didn't want to spend extra money but wanted to be as accurate as possible. Ohh, and unless bates changed soles, I know the red suit boots are Nike SFB if the sole is any indication. I have a nice clear shot of that. I don't know if the boot changed though the show when the gloves did or not, but worth checking on also if it matters as far as gloves and boots matching up if they changed at the same time.

Here's few screenshots of the red costume:

dd.jpg
daredevilshots.jpg

Any screenshots of this? He never actually suits up in that episode, so the only reference of them is when foggy pulls it out of the box. Does anyone have any screen grabs of him actually wearing them in any episode?
I don't think he ever wears them in that scene you can see his suit on the floor I think he has a few different pieces I noticed in one episode his top is all black no red linew which makes ssense with the amount of rips in his suit.

Are we going to be using this thread for the red suit aswel?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think he ever wears them in that scene you can see his suit on the floor I think he has a few different pieces I noticed in one episode his top is all black no red linew which makes ssense with the amount of rips in his suit.

Yes, this thread can be used for both Suits. I'll add in the Red suit components or fabrics as they are identified.

Just a quick find from me. Not 100% confirmed yet, but this belt looks really close.

Canvas Cotton Web Belt 60" One Size Matte Silver Military Buckle.

TnBxlK4.jpg

HoJGsAV.jpgrv8VXCz.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, this thread can be used for both Suits. I'll add in the Red suit components or fabrics as they are identified.

Just a quick find from me. Not 100% confirmed yet, but this belt looks really close.

View attachment 463509

View attachment 463510View attachment 463511

I would say that belt is right. However, anybody who spent time in the Navy can tell you there is a female and male version of that belt. Most will never see the female version, but just wanted to say that as a word of caution in case somebody shops for one off ebay. You could get the smaller version.
I bet I have some of them left over from when I left the Navy. Wish I was going for the black outfit now lol.

I've used a lycra hijab, but even if I see under, I think Charlie Cox wears an half mask/loup, to maintain the lycra in position on the face.

This is what I was thinking as well. Did you purchase it from anywhere? Is there anything elastic under the hijab that allows it to stretch?

I was thinking of using a leftover spidey faceshell and sawing it in half above the nose if the shape isnt to my liking

Hmm, so I guess Lycra hijab is good.
I'm still speaking to some cloth people who are giving me opinions on the material.
I was thinking wearing a long "ninja" bandana underneath to give it the illusion of the bandana. otherwise it will have to be custom made

I've been thinking about the mask and I think there are 2 different versions if you watch episode 6 when he is talking to risk the mask hangs by his nose rather then conforming like lycra would it also has a ribbed pattern I would not be surprised if there was a Hero version made of a solid ribbed material that Charlie Cox could not see very well then an alternative for action that has the eye hole cut out and maybe a black mesh so it is hard to spot from a distance in the shots.
I actually have a cheep t-shirt and the material has a small amount of stretch and looks very similar to the material used in the show however I would literally be blind having it over my eyes.
My original plan was to use the top and make loads of needle holes around the eye are that are hard to spot unless upclose but aloe visibility

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 463509

View attachment 463510View attachment 463511
I would imagine the only things we can identify from the red suit are the boots and gloves surely the rest is completely Custom? I have a plan for the suit but I won't reveal untill I have tested it I would imaging on the show all the material is screen printed to look like Kevlar because it has to much mobility to be real

I've been thinking about the mask and I think there are 2 different versions if you watch episode 6 when he is talking to risk the mask hangs by his nose rather then conforming like lycra would it also has a ribbed pattern I would not be surprised if there was a Hero version made of a solid ribbed material that Charlie Cox could not see very well then an alternative for action that has the eye hole cut out and maybe a black mesh so it is hard to spot from a distance in the shots.
I actually have a cheep t-shirt and the material has a small amount of stretch and looks very similar to the material used in the show however I would literally be blind having it over my eyes.
My original plan was to use the top and make loads of needle holes around the eye are that are hard to spot unless upclose but aloe visibility

That wouldn't be out of the ordinary, movies tend to favor looks over practicality over certain things.
I would go for what the others have been saying and to use lycra.
However I was recommended Slinky...not sure what this is. it looks 90% like the ribbed pattern but I dont know if its seethrough

Yeah, too late for me, I got myself a hard-pvc nunchuk case that looks really cool and allows for the sticks to poke out like the suit.
I will just need to find some wooden looking nunchuks
Is that the same case I posted in my thread?
If you are going for his normal batons the just get so hardwood dowels at 15" and 1.3" diameter would do the job well. Nunchuck handles are way to big for his street sticks however for his red Billy club they would be perferct

Bee researching apparently black scrum is what alot of theatre companies use and the black cotton scrum does have a similar texture to DD'S mask

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back