Original Lightsaber found at LFL with ROUND blade

The Luke/Vader blade in ANH was pretty damn long and much longer than Obi-Wans. I scaled it from the Graflex to 46" (and went with that on my replica) and Obi-Wan's to 37".

Indeed it is.
Here is a diagram of me holding the archive one showing relative scale to my 6ft 4in frame.

Raats.jpg

That's why I posted this too :) ... unless this is just the practise run before actual shooting :wacko ... but I doubt it!

Chaim

It could have been an on-set photo of a walk through similar to the picture of Vader holding an upside down Shared Stunt Luke saber instead of the V2 as seen in the movie.

Still, it's the first time I've EVER actually seen the ROTJ Stunt saber actually being used in ROTJ.

It could have been an on-set photo of a walk through similar to the picture of Vader holding an upside down Shared Stunt Luke saber instead of the V2 as seen in the movie.

Still, it's the first time I've EVER actually seen the ROTJ Stunt saber actually being used in ROTJ.

It's definitely in there. When Luke has Vader against the railings, at 1hr 53min 16 - 23 sec mark...you can see the Kobold clip ring, stepped control box with the two small notches out at the sides, and the shroud is visible. Is anybody able to get a few HD shots from this?

It's definitely in there. When Luke has Vader against the railings, at 1hr 53min 16 - 23 sec mark...you can see the Kobold clip ring, stepped control box with the two small notches out at the sides, and the shroud is visible. Is anybody able to get a few HD shots from this?

If this IS true I'll second the request for screencaps. So cool to see the ROTJ Vader on set!
The resin copy that comes off with Vader's hand is a different piece.

20150430_220245.jpg20150430_220306.jpg
Sorry for the low quality..I had to grab these with my phone camera as I don't have the means to get blu ray screengrabs. You can see the D ring and just make out a few details on the control box. Again, if somebody could get some Blu ray screen grabs...pretty please? :)

Nope, that's an MPP, modded to be a stunt saber for ESB. You can actually see the rim of the MPP shroud.

There DOES appear to be a grip missing though, but that's for a different thread :lol

I'd like to add some thoughts. First off, the insert that is passed around seems to be a hollow metal tube, with brass showing at the tip. It's rusty too.
Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 4.34.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-20 at 4.34.57 PM.png
This is different from the grey, coated and tapered blade that is in the ANH stunt.

That insert is a solid cylinder, the bottom has no hole. Maybe it was drilled and tapped for a threaded rod..
Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 4.24.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-20 at 4.35.30 PM.png
There appear to be two types of blades there. Long, lighter coated ones, and the rusty ones with a thinner bit at the bottom.

Also, I feel that thinner part of the rusty blades had to be a bit long. For this prop, the bottom half of the Graflex bulb socket was removed, and some kind of insert pushed up against it, and screwed in place just like the ANH stunt was. Same sort of thing do y'all think? (look in the socket and switch holes)

However this prop makes me think there were no threaded rods, thats a solid one and it runs right through to the insert.

Brevin-Vader-ROTJ-3b.jpgBrevin-Vader-ROTJ-5c.jpgLFA_DVROTJ_emitter_ls.jpg

Wow cool thread! Could it be copper or some metal piping for the blade set in a metal insert? I thought blades were wooden

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back