Parks Sabers

Nils

Sr Member
I dont want to stir things up, but is it safe to order from Parks Sabers these days?
Any input would be helpful!

I've been considering getting one of his Obi sabers, the MKIII, but I was afraid to after only finding limited info on here, haha.

Safe yes. However expect it to take 6 months to a year to get what you ordered.

Does that include the ones that say "in stock," like the movie replicas, or just his light up original design ones?

I've been considering getting one of his Obi sabers, the MKIII, but I was afraid to after only finding limited info on here, haha.

Does that include the ones that say "in stock," like the movie replicas, or just his light up original design ones?
Good point, I was looking for a Vader saber (ANH) and it says that they are in stock..
Maybe it's just to lure people into buying one.

- - - Updated - - -

Good point, I was looking for a Vader saber (ANH) and it says that they are in stock..
Maybe it's just to lure people into buying one.

Parks makes excellent products. I was once a distributor of his products early on.
But... He screwed over a member here and old timers here have for the most part boycotted him since. Jeff Parks went on a rant here and in a huff, left the board insulting all here.
Tread there if you want to but there are other sources out there.

*shrugs*

Parks makes excellent products. I was once a distributor of his products early on.
But... He screwed over a member here and old timers here have for the most part boycotted him since. Jeff Parks went on a rant here and in a huff, left the board insulting all here.
Tread there if you want to but there are other sources out there.

Ah. Yeah, that's why I was kind of afraid of ordering from him. I couldn't really find specifically what had happened, only references to the boycott. I wasn't sure if the issue was ever rectified.

Edit: not sure why it keeps double posting...

He borrowed a members flash to copy from and returned it with parts missing and damage. From my understanding, it was never rectified.

Order from parks? Safe? Who knows, I emailed Parks in October, no reply. E-mailed again in December as of today, still nothing. Might as well, I got what I wanted from JQ Sabers.

Sometimes he answers and on other days he doesn't...
I had a question and got an answer 24h later.
He said I would have to wait 4 weeks until the order would be shipped.
He is two weeks over now. Wrote him two times. No answer yet.
I'll have two wait and write him every week [emoji6]

I've done business with him on-and-off since 2002 and I do know this: Jeff hates email and he loves phone calls. Call him to make an order. Call him with questions. Call him for updates. His home number used to be the number on the website, I don't know if there is still a number listed or not.

He doesn't like to sit and return a hundred or more emails a day. If there is a number listed call him up.

Isn't JQ sabers a UK retailer for the same MPP that's made by Parks? As far as I know he's the only one producing excellent MPP replica's for Vader lightsabers :)

Chaim

yes but they just bought a bunch of parks mpps

all the mpp and graflex replicas aside from label ones, are parks, just sold in bunches to other people.

Is there a more reputable place to get a Vader and/or Obi-Wan replica in a similar price range ($150-$250)? I'd love one of Roman's Obi sabers but they're just a little out of my price range right now.

Hello everyone!, I am new to the forum so please bear with me ok...;)

I joined this forum because I recently found a plethora of sites about replica or custom props - especially Star Wars related, and believe it or not, but I never did any searching before!.
Anyway I'm digressing..., I made myself a member mainly to do with 2 reasons...

Firstly, I am a collector of all things Star Wars and secondly, I viewed this thread and decided to give you my thoughts as to Park's Sabers.

Now, I would like to make it clear that I haven't personally purchased anything 'directly' from Park's, however I have recently made a purchase from a 'sabersmith' here in the UK and I think is worthy of mentioning. Just last Friday(10th), my all time dream arrived at my door...The ultimate Star Wars franchise weapon of all time...The Episode IV 'A New Hope' Luke Skywalker Graflex Lightsaber!

I placed the order from JQ Sabers around 3-4 weeks ago, and through many discussions with Daren(sabersmith), we came to an arrangement and concluded the deal. You may be asking, "what has this got to do with Park's Sabers...?", well I will tell you...
The hilt was produced by Park's and even though I haven't been around on this forum or understand the issues surrounding Park's, all I can say is that their craftsmanship and attention to detail are second to none, and the overall quality is near perfect - and if you wouldn't know it was a 'reproduction' hilt, you would think it was a real Graflex 3-cell handle!...no doubt!.

So, in answer to this thread and the OP, I can categorically tell you NOT to worry about any quality issues, because there won't be any..., As for time frames and customer service, obviously I have no idea.

Hope I have put your mind at rest...

I thought I'd report here that after 4 months, my MPP replica arrived. It's a very nice piece. I do wish the wait times were made clear on items marked as in stock...
Also, others here are correct about the phone calls. He gets back to you by phone.

Out of curiosity I went to Parks' site to see what he offers these days. I bought a couple of his replicas years ago before the "issues" were made public.

I was looking at the different blade options he has listed. Does anybody know what the difference between his "Masters Blade" and "Apprentice Blade" is?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back