Parks Sabers

Sorry for coming to the party a little late, but I have to vent about Jeff Park's Sabers. I don't know why but I ordered a Obi-Wan MKIII hilt from him back in mid March. I already had 2 of Roman's which are far superior in every way including assembly! After many, many attempts to reach this clown about my order and why I don't have it yet, I happened to find his phone number. So I call, no answer of coarse....but there is a voicemail that states you can email him direct! I email him asking what the friggin' deal was with my order?!? the next day he emails me back and says "I'm so sorry but the Episode VII trailers have swamped me with orders. It will be sent out this Saturday." That's great that the trailers have swamped him with numerous sales and all but, why couldn't he reply to just one the many, many inquiries I made about my order?!? I seriously thought I got ripped off!! These are all things I told him including asking him to throw in something a little extra for making me wait almost 6 months for my order? I got a custom made guitar built for me quicker than I got my order from this guy.....go figure? So, needless to say, the saber is very underwhelming for a 6 month wait. Not as accurate as Roman's and he didn't throw in any extra goodies with my order for my inconvenience. That is how this guy runs his business. So, unless you got plenty of time to wait for an order, which drove me crazy because waiting THAT long really sucks, and you don't want any questions answered about when you'll receive your order, which also drove me crazy, then he's your guy! Thumbs WAY down if you ask me, just sayin'.... Good luck!

Sorry for coming to the party a little late, but I have to vent about Jeff Park's Sabers. I don't know why but I ordered a Obi-Wan MKIII hilt from him back in mid March. I already had 2 of Roman's which are far superior in every way including assembly! After many, many attempts to reach this clown about my order and why I don't have it yet, I happened to find his phone number. So I call, no answer of coarse....but there is a voicemail that states you can email him direct! I email him asking what the friggin' deal was with my order?!? the next day he emails me back and says "I'm so sorry but the Episode VII trailers have swamped me with orders. It will be sent out this Saturday." That's great that the trailers have swamped him with numerous sales and all but, why couldn't he reply to just one the many, many inquiries I made about my order?!? I seriously thought I got ripped off!! These are all things I told him including asking him to throw in something a little extra for making me wait almost 6 months for my order? I got a custom made guitar built for me quicker than I got my order from this guy.....go figure? So, needless to say, the saber is very underwhelming for a 6 month wait. Not as accurate as Roman's and he didn't throw in any extra goodies with my order for my inconvenience. That is how this guy runs his business. So, unless you got plenty of time to wait for an order, which drove me crazy because waiting THAT long really sucks, and you don't want any questions answered about when you'll receive your order, which also drove me crazy, then he's your guy! Thumbs WAY down if you ask me, just sayin'.... Good luck!

I can feel with you.
Last time I ordered from him everything went right and fast, too.
I don't have a credit card so last time he send me an PayPal invoice via mail.

Last friday I wanted to order an MPP clamp from him and asked if he could send me an PayPal invoice?

His answer on Monday:

Lukas;

Thank you for your patience.

EP7 is upon me and production is very fast paced.

Unfortunately , I'm too busy to perform small task such as sending PayPal invoices for small items.

Please place an order thru the website as this is its designated purpose.

Perhaps have a friend or relative place the order for you.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

If I can be of further service, please let me know.

Sincerely;

Jeff Parks

Hey he answered my mail so were was the problem to say: Here send me money via PayPal to my email address?

I think I just was lucky that everything went so smoothly the last time.

In my experience he answered emails quickly but didn't do what he said he's done until pressed. Basically he said he shipped something early July and it was still "on his desk" in August. Finally have it. Would probably order small, non time crucial parts from him as his workmanship is First class but wouldn't be comfortable with anything that needed a quick turn around or was expensive which is a shame but hey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 111 days into my 3-pack hilt order, still no response to emails. That's almost 16 weeks. Website says its an in-stock item...

I'm 111 days into my 3-pack hilt order, still no response to emails. That's almost 16 weeks. Website says its an in-stock item...
That's one thing that confuses me. The rumors persist that he's out of Graflex replicas; a new "replica" is being produced in time for TFA and, from what I've seen, is more of an idealized fx-ready thing than a true replica of a flash handle. I know that I'd be upset if I ordered what I thought to be a Graflex replica and it turned out to be something else. So it seems that he plans to have "graflexes" in stock at some point, but I don't think it's going to be what's pictured on the website right now. I wish I knew for sure; everything is all hearsay, though. It would be nice to have more open communication to set the record straight...

That's one thing that confuses me. The rumors persist that he's out of Graflex replicas; a new "replica" is being produced in time for TFA and, from what I've seen, is more of an idealized fx-ready thing than a true replica of a flash handle. I know that I'd be upset if I ordered what I thought to be a Graflex replica and it turned out to be something else. So it seems that he plans to have "graflexes" in stock at some point, but I don't think it's going to be what's pictured on the website right now. I wish I knew for sure; everything is all hearsay, though. It would be nice to have more open communication to set the record straight...

Considering that it was like a third of a year ago that I placed the order, I'll be annoyed if its something different now. Although I'm kind of wondering if I'll see anything at all...

I placed my order for an MPP just over 2 months ago. Wrote to them today and got a reply within 2 hours. He said they have the parts but are awaiting assembly. I'm not sweating it. It took over 3 months to get my graflex, but they delivered. Its not stressful if you go in knowing it'll take several months. Curious, have they ever NOT delivered?

-Ron

I placed my order for an MPP just over 2 months ago. Wrote to them today and got a reply within 2 hours. He said they have the parts but are awaiting assembly. I'm not sweating it. It took over 3 months to get my graflex, but they delivered. Its not stressful if you go in knowing it'll take several months. Curious, have they ever NOT delivered?

-Ron

interesting i emailed him 2 weeks ago and never heard back!?

-Ron

Yeah, but the item on the site says "in-stock", and the email receipt has a generic line saying something about up to 12 weeks for custom builds. This is a static hilt. If it takes several months, thats fine, but they should say that. It's all about managing expectations, and delivering what you say.

I also haven't gotten a reply to any emails, and I've been waiting twice as long. I waited until after 12 weeks to even bother them.

Was over there today to pick something up. HE's local and that's the ONLY way I can do anything with him.

He's always generous with his time in person, and super knowledgeable.

NOW... I'm not defending his business etiquette or practices... he charges too much to ship and his correspondence is terrible. But he does make quality stuff.

The reason I see he has no time for email and is so backed up is because his customer base is global and FAR FAR beyond the small number of us on forums. It's actually insane... and should be a company employing MANY people... but it's literally him in his workshop... by himself.

Order an Ahsoka? that's hand made mostly. I watched him... he uses a few pre-made and anodized parts that he has made in the hundreds or thousands (things like threaded rings, and his inner tube), and then hand machines the shroud, and the tubes to form the Ahsoka saber. Then assembles them all.

If he needs an anodized part he waits until he has a HUGE batch to have done. So sometimes your saber will be 90% done and need a couple parts that are in flux.

This is just what I've seen first hand. Don't take it as a defense of any type for his way of doing business... just that I can understand why it is the way it is.

Was over there today to pick something up. HE's local and that's the ONLY way I can do anything with him.

He's always generous with his time in person, and super knowledgeable.

NOW... I'm not defending his business etiquette or practices... he charges too much to ship and his correspondence is terrible. But he does make quality stuff.

The reason I see he has no time for email and is so backed up is because his customer base is global and FAR FAR beyond the small number of us on forums. It's actually insane... and should be a company employing MANY people... but it's literally him in his workshop... by himself.

Order an Ahsoka? that's hand made mostly. I watched him... he uses a few pre-made and anodized parts that he has made in the hundreds or thousands (things like threaded rings, and his inner tube), and then hand machines the shroud, and the tubes to form the Ahsoka saber. Then assembles them all.

If he needs an anodized part he waits until he has a HUGE batch to have done. So sometimes your saber will be 90% done and need a couple parts that are in flux.

This is just what I've seen first hand. Don't take it as a defense of any type for his way of doing business... just that I can understand why it is the way it is.

Hey did You remember to ask him about my Looong waited order, is it ever going to happen some time or not??

When I asked about before ordering no prob for him to answer, after that silence, months have passed actually, but a little word maybe, havng my money there would be greately appreciated.

Kind regards,

Alberto

No alberto, sure didn't remember. But just so you guys know... I usually have to send him about ten texts EXACTLY the same before getting a reply. I can see that he reads them, but just won't reply unless I hit some magic window of luck. I needed an Ahsoka Pommel this time to replace one I jacked, and he finally replied he had an extra.

So it's not like I get any special treatment. I have to persist like crazy, and I think he knows I could easily just pop in. The weird thing is, I accidentally discovered that he lived two streets away from my Uncle. I had been going over there for over a decade and never knew. Then I needed something he sold, and when searching for a phone number, found his address and mapped it... it was the same neighborhood I'd been visiting for years.

FYI I just want to point out that I tried to send another e-mail to him and suddenly I got replies!!

Look like he started, at least with me, communications again!

Regards,

Alberto

I've left a couple voicemails now this week, still no reply. I'm 21 weeks into the order of an "in-stock" item, and I've gotten zero response to communication. I just really want my money back at this point.

I'm starting to get kind of fed up with the prop scene. I've been burned so many times now. Its like maybe 30% of the time do I ever see the product I pay for...

Ok my journey ended today, thanks to Scottjua the Mpp replica arrived safely to my house in Italy from Parks!! The pieces are awesome worth the wait!
Suddenly comms went back on with Mr Parks who answered all of my e-mails and we hopefully solved and arranged the shipping to Scott instead!

Kind regards,

Alberto

Left another voicemail and email today, hopefully I'll hear something. I'm 5.5 months into an order for static hilts.

EDIT:
Just got an email back, apparently my order shipped last week. Hey if that's the case, I'll be a happy camper.

EDIT 2:
Jeff seems to be confused. Sent me a second email saying it would ship on Monday? wtf

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back