Parks Sabers

Out of curiosity I went to Parks' site to see what he offers these days. I bought a couple of his replicas years ago before the "issues" were made public.

I was looking at the different blade options he has listed. Does anybody know what the difference between his "Masters Blade" and "Apprentice Blade" is?

Length. One for adults (35") the other for kids (24").

Okay ... I thought it best to add the all new Parks G R A F L E X update that I received from KaanE here :

PARKS : GRAFLEX FLASH GUN 1.0 ... We are out of stock on both ANH & ESB Graflex Flash Gun 1.0

Graflex 1.0 will not be restocked as there time and materials wasted in converting her to a saber system.

GRAFLEX SABER KIT 2.0

We are currently manufacturing Graflex Saber Kit 2.0. which is designed to be a saber system instead of a camera attachment.

It will feature the following:

- Exact copy of the Graflex Top Body.
- Exact copy of the Graflex Clamp (Less embossed GRAFLEX logo).
- Machined & threaded bottom grip body.
- Machined & threaded end cap with sound holes.
- Includes both ANH & ESB injection molded plastic grips.
- Includes both ANH & ESB clamp bubbles and circuit card.
- Graflex Button with circuit board and momentary switch.
- ESB Graflex blade tension knob with 2nd circuit board and momentary switch.
- ANH Graflex blade tension knob.
- 7/8" blade bracket machined and anodized to look like ROTJ grip body.
- Assembly time less than 10 min.

In summary, Graflex 2.0 is designed to be the ultimate Graflex conversion.

Parks send KaanE some more pictures, since this isn't a sales thread this will do :)

Chaim

Last edited:
So, am I to understand then, that buying from Parks now would mean that you'd be getting something made to turn into an FX saber instead of just a static prop?

If that's true, @RomansEmpire, you're our only hope!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes... and to me that's gonna be a tough conversion. That ROTJ core if integral to the construction will pose all kinds of interior space issues. If you can cut it off and don't need it to hold anything else together, then great... but if you NEED that to hold it together... ugh... gonna suck for conversions.

The price for a Graflex 2.0 kit is set at $200. Delivery is expected in October, right before EP7. . . . as stated in the email addressed to KaanE ... I have to add this now ... before my PM box is overcrowded with all your messages :wacko

Chaim

I ordered some stuff about two weeks back. Nothing more than the automated reply email and he hasn't processed the order.
I don't mind not losing my money but it'd be nice to know whats going on. lol

I wrote him yesterday regarding info on my package. I wanted to know what he wrote on the package, so I can think about what to say when I fetch it up at the customs without paying some taxes [emoji6]
I got an answer after 3 hours.
Everything is fine [emoji106]

BTT
Don't know if I like the Graflex 2.0.
The bottom tube does not look right to me. Alle the pre drilled holes. For an ESB it's ok, but is this the same tube for the ANH? How can someone hide the holes made for six grips when you have to place seven grips?

I ordered one of his new ver 2.0 kit, when I received his email with the description and what I saw in the pictures, I wasn't happy at all, I replied to him with questions regarding what i found and he confirmed, the end cap comes standard with the sound holes, the top body part even though he says is an exact copy has a straight cut instead of the usual "L" shape to attach to the clamp, you have to use the hex screw like the ones used for the grips that comes to get it fixed not to move like in his ESB EL saber, the screw above the glass eye seems to be the same kind of hex screw. I made my first ANH graflex back in 2005 right after the release of ROTS with a parks graflex and blast-tech kit, later on owned a ESB style that i purchased out of ebay, and is my favorite version, but I always disliked the 2 red buttons, so TFA saber is just what i loved of both versions, the only reason I ordered is because it will not have graflex stamped on the clamp, and he accepted to charge $20 dlls extra to make me a copy with no sound holes on the encap (the price should of been less since it is less work) and the end-cap will not have any "folmer graflex stamping" that's what rocks! it will be just like a movie version, and for the price of the recent sells on ebay that are going as much as $250 dlls for a parks conversion, besides the investment in the conversion parts, back in the day you paid like $130 dlls for a completed saber; it was the best choice for me.

I'm still whaiting for when I receive it and see if i can use solder or make the correct cut on the top body to attach it to the clamp, if the parks clamp doesn't have the teeth wich i'm guessing it doesn't maybe when TCSS stocks back their clamp with no stamping will use that one. But until i have it in my hands i will have to whait. And yes he is focused on making FX sabers instead of props. I think i will have to start making graflex replicas myself.

This is a really...odd direction to go in. It will probably fulfill some folks dreams - a converted graflex period. I happen to love the vintage equipment aspect more, so this model/version really weirds me out. Why are there two rows of pre-drilled holes on the bottom?

There are two rows because the top row lines up with a 7-grip ANH and the bottom row is for a 6-grip ESB.

That seems like it would create more issues. I wouldn't want visible holes on my saber.. I don't care about the butt of the handle but along the grips would be a deal-breaker.
That said, they appear to line up with the holes for the ESB saber, though I could be wrong.

There´s always RE as an alternate option for UNaltered Graflex replicas ;)

Given the fact, that Roman has a pristine reputation, is offering high quality stuff AND is know for fast communication...why gamble with Parks?
Just my opinion (and yes, I TRIED to order some stuff directly from Parks SEVERAL times...and no, I couldn´t get him to answer any of my 10-20 (!) emails :darnkids)

Markus

I don't like the new design of his graflex saber (regarding the pictures).

(and yes, I TRIED to order some stuff directly from Parks SEVERAL times...and no, I couldn´t get him to answer any of my 10-20 (!) emails :darnkids)

I did busines with parks lately and I think you have to have some luck in emailing with him. Some people say, calling him by phone is much better, but from germany :confused
I had the luck that he answered after some mails and I got my parts last week (grenade and balance pipe for a commission).
After sending the parts out, we had quite a regular email contact ;)

I'd like to see the Graflex from Roman soon (and would like to know the pricing :wacko )

That seems like it would create more issues. I wouldn't want visible holes on my saber.. I don't care about the butt of the handle but along the grips would be a deal-breaker.
That said, they appear to line up with the holes for the ESB saber, though I could be wrong.

They don't both line up with the ESB, just the set towards the end, the set towards the middle has 7 holes to attach ANH grips. I agree, I don't like this at all.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back