Bandai AT-ST 1/48 - Finished

DanielB

Sr Member
This was a fun build.

VdzZXdD.jpg

fgjbXLT.jpg

qhtyZvT.jpg

lcOvAGQ.jpg

That's looking like a screenshot from the movie! How did you get the reflections of the greenscreen removed so nicely?

That's looking like a screenshot from the movie! How did you get the reflections of the greenscreen removed so nicely?

Well, I'm a visual effects artist for a living, so that helps. :) But I also used a plug-in I wrote called Spill Slayer designed just for removing green reflections. I then substituted the green reflections for blue ones from the color in the background image to make it sit in more naturally.

http://aescripts.com/spill-slayer/

Top notch!!!!!

Fantastic weathering job which is the hardest part to get just right, would love to hear your weathering technique used.

Gerardo

Top notch!!!!!

Fantastic weathering job which is the hardest part to get just right, would love to hear your weathering technique used.

Gerardo

The weathering looks nice, but it's pretty easy to achieve really. There are only 3 techniques I used here, and all are easy to do. But combined together, they make a great result.

1. I follow this tutorial for general discoloration first...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wreblsPaUhU

Let this dry for at least 24 hours.

2. For my second pass, I do the same thing, but I use a fine detail sponge to dab the surface instead of using a brush to wipe. This gives the surface a nice "grime" texture here and there instead of just wiped streaks. Let this dry for at least 24 hours.

3. The chipped edges are just hand painted with a tiny brush and Vallejo Model Colour paint. I would let it dry 5-10 minutes and then *lightly* swipe a toothpick back and forth over my painted chips to break it up even more and avoid a blobby look.

If this is not clear enough in text, I can make a video tutorial demonstrating it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back